Notices

Drinking 8 cups of coffee a day

Old 10-01-2015, 01:18 PM
FitDay Member

Default Drinking 8 cups of coffee a day

So i'm drinking 8 cups of coffee a day. I'm worried that it might have negative affect on my health. Should I be worried? Perhaps I should consider quitting coffee?
Old 10-01-2015, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator

Smile

The last sentence in your post shows your concern. So, ask yourself why you are drinking so much coffee. Is it really that much? Are they mugs of coffee or cups? How many oz. do you think it ends up being, after all?

Then: how are you sleeping? Do you drink coffee to feel more alert? Do you drink alcohol so that you are self-medicating? Up with coffee and then mellowed out with alcohol? What happens if you drink tea instead of coffee? Or even just hot water or hot cider?

Do you drink a lot of liquids in addition to coffee? Does coffee end up being your way of hydrating?

Do you feel jittery after so many cups? Or is it just the number of cups that makes you question if it is too much?

Finally, what does your doctor think? How's your blood pressure, blood sugar, etc.? Does drinking this much coffee affect your health? Your doctor would give you the answer to that.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

I am drinking the same number of cups lately because of too much work that stresses me out. You know, moving offices is not really something to be taken lightly. The pressure seems to be getting into me.

So going back to drinking too much coffee, I think it made my skin dry and I certainly think that this is the reason for my frequent palpitation. If you can cut out the cups little by little do so until you quit completely. I think I need to tell that to myself too.
Old 11-13-2015, 02:01 PM
FitDay Member

Consider cutting back or reducing your coffee intake instead of quitting completely.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:24 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JMTG
So i'm drinking 8 cups of coffee a day. I'm worried that it might have negative affect on my health. Should I be worried? Perhaps I should consider quitting coffee?
Coffee is hard on your adrenal glands and also I think the kidneys. It is dehydrating and removes water from the blood & makes you pee more. That water is coming out of the blood, not just from the water in the coffee itself. I get times when I am addicted to it, it makes me feel so much better in the short term and sometimes I use it to get rid of headaches and just to cheer myself up. But I am trying to avoid it as I didn't realize how hard it can be on the body to filter it though your system. Oh, and it also causes extra cortisol and insulin and causes inflammation. But I know it tastes good! I really do.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:17 PM
FitDay Member

The key to everything is moderation. You dont have to completely quit but you should just have to watch how much you're drinking. Personally the most I can take is just a cup because it makes my stomach hurt.
According to link removed According to the FDA, 400 mg per day of caffeine (that’s about four cups of coffee) is a safe amount of caffeine for healthy adults." But it still depends on what kind of coffee you're drinking. Some are much more potent so you can't drink four cups of those.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 09-02-2018 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-07-2016, 05:10 PM
FitDay Member

I think moderation is the key. 8 cups a day seems excessive to me. Maybe you can replace a few of those cups with herbal tea or just plain water? Green tea is also a great choice- packed full of antioxidents and while it provides caffeine, it also contains calming chemicals as well. Just mix things up a bit!
Old 07-19-2016, 10:42 PM
FitDay Member

wow thats a lot
Old 07-24-2016, 06:42 PM
FitDay Member

I have 3 cups maximum a day Just be careful because too much coffee can give you Acid Reflux and can yellow your teeth. I have this article that I have bookmarked in my laptop you might want to read it to see the effects of not just drinking too much coffee but the caffeine addiction itself.

link removed

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 09-02-2018 at 02:02 PM.
Old 08-28-2016, 05:11 PM
FitDay Member

coffee is not a bad thing instead of quitting,reduce the quantity of intake.might be you know that coffee protect your body from diabetes.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 08-28-2016 at 09:57 PM. Reason: removed link

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.