FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Weight Loss Tips (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/)
-   -   New here, need some help (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/12422-new-here-need-some-help.html)

Soarin 07-09-2015 11:11 AM

New here, need some help

So.. I am overweight by a lot, working with a consoler and doctor. Got this way due to my own stupidity but also other reasons that steam from PTSD, ADD, and Bipolar Depression. Anyways I have set this thing all up and it shows my net calories as a large negative number. To give you an idea, today all I did was walka round the mall after my consoling, and did dishes so far. Ate just a salad and ended up taking in 277 calories and burning 377 so far. My net is -4407. What I am trying to find out is.. what should the net be around. TO reach my goal weight of 250 I need to take in 981 calories a day for the next 21 weeks.

Kathy13118 07-09-2015 11:58 AM

That is not very many calories per day! Can you ask your doctor for a referral to a registered dietician? Even 1500 calories a day would be more realistic and healthful, as diets go.

Soarin 07-09-2015 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Kathy13118 (Post 116852)
That is not very many calories per day! Can you ask your doctor for a referral to a registered dietician? Even 1500 calories a day would be more realistic and healthful, as diets go.

Its more then that now, about to add the info in but my main question was is that high of net calories bad?

Kathy13118 07-09-2015 11:55 PM

I don't know how it is showing your 'net calories' as a negative number. Have you put in your current weight, height, etc., your goal weight and a time frame to reach your goal?

AlbertRogers1 07-22-2015 07:29 AM

rules

You should follow dotors rule.

RockJock123 07-24-2015 12:04 AM

Net Calories

Your Net Calories need to be negative by some amount for you to lose weight. The idea is that the bigger the (negative) number, the faster you will lose weight. So -350 Net Calories per day means you should lose around 1 pound every 10 days, -3500 Net Calories would be losing 1 pound per day.

If you look at it during the day, before you've added all your food in, it will be a bigger number. Once you've put in all your food for the day (before bed) it will be the accurate number.

This system calculates how many calories you burn each day by the info you have entered, like your activity levels and your current weight. It calls this number "calories lifestyle." So if you currently weigh a lot and/or are very active through the day, this number will be high, and your Net Calories will also be a large negative number if you've not yet eaten very much.

Having a very large negative Net Calorie number at the end of the day will probably make you feel fatigued and hungry and will increase the chances that you'll give up on your diet. Your challenge will be to find a meal plan that you can live with but still helps you lose weight.

(Get checked out by a doctor before making big changes to your diet and exercise.)