Notices

Weight Gain Due to Sedentary lifestyle

Old 03-23-2015, 08:50 PM
FitDay Member

Default Weight Gain Due to Sedentary lifestyle

HI friends I am 24 years old. I was fit earlier. But from past two years I have gained lot of weight due to sedentary work style. Please suggest some tips to lose fat.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:25 PM
Super Moderator

Reducing the number of calories you eat and getting some more activity in your life are the basics.

If you work at a computer, you can raise your monitor and keyboard up so you can stand while you work instead of sit. If you read and write at a desk, you can keep the desk the way it is but stand to write on a lectern or a high table. Then you can take small breaks to walk around your home or office.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:09 PM
FitDay Member

Sedentary lifestyle requires some physical activity like brisk walking, jogging, gym workouts and exercises. People who have deskbound work also need to keep a watch over eating habits.

To lose fat, you can start with an organic drink like green tea. During office hours make it a habit to sip green tea rather than aerated drinks or regular tea or coffee. “Drinking green tea everyday makes you thin” is a quote from an ancient Chinese medical text called Bencao Shiyi. Green tea contains flavanoids that are great boosters of metabolism. They help to shed fats easily and reduce cholesterol.

Several studies have shown that the catechins in green teas can lower the amount of “bad” cholesterol and increase the amount of “good” cholesterol. Also as there are many types of green tea available, go for Japanese Green Tea that comes from Shizuoka region of Japan.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 03-25-2015 at 02:44 AM. Reason: removed link
Old 04-01-2015, 09:41 PM
FitDay Member

Default Weight Gain Due to Sedentary lifestyle

Physical inactivity is the main culprit with a sedentary lifestyle. You need to include physical activity in your routine. I understand that with a sedentary lifestyle, it's not easy. But with careful planning and determination it is possible to find 30 minutes each day to exercise.

Keep track of your exercise regimen. Better still, write it down. And be very specific. Don't just tell yourself " I will do pushups this week". Its looks too general. Write down " I will do 10 pushups each day for next 3 months". The more specific your plan is, greater the chances of success.