Community
Notices

yoga and meditation

Old 10-03-2014, 03:15 PM
FitDay Member

Default yoga and meditation

Hi Y'all

I am bikram yoga teacher...weight crept up when I got injured and turned 50. Go figure! So I am doing 30 day challenge, yoga everyday for a month, cutting back carbs, keeping track of calories (under 1200) and upping general activity, dog is getting a work out too. Bikram Yoga is pretty intense, depending on hard you go, lots of people drop body fat quickly, but those with thyroid issues have to be bit more conscious of what they eat. I find keeping protein up to 60 - 90 grams p. day helps cut appetite.. anyone else doing yoga? I find it helpful, good for willpower and internal strength, and the bootie!
Old 10-04-2014, 03:16 PM
FitDay Member

I've often considered yoga for my asthma, arthritis and poor flexibility but figured I wouldn't be very good at it so I never started. I try to keep my protein at around 80 grams per day. My MD would like it to be a little higher with lower fats. I find it a struggle to keep protein and fiber up while keeping fats and other carbs on the down-low. Any tip you have would be appreciated! Vicki
Old 11-13-2014, 12:55 PM
FitDay Member

Yoga is a great way to work on your flexibility and strength.

The Health Benefits of Yoga:

1.Yoga for Flexibility
2.Strike a Pose for Strength
3.Better Posture From Yoga
4.Breathing Benefits
5.Less Stress, More Calm
6.Good for Your Heart
Old 11-16-2014, 02:49 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by fital
Hi Y'all

I am bikram yoga teacher...weight crept up when I got injured and turned 50. Go figure! So I am doing 30 day challenge, yoga everyday for a month, cutting back carbs, keeping track of calories (under 1200) and upping general activity, dog is getting a work out too. Bikram Yoga is pretty intense, depending on hard you go, lots of people drop body fat quickly, but those with thyroid issues have to be bit more conscious of what they eat. I find keeping protein up to 60 - 90 grams p. day helps cut appetite.. anyone else doing yoga? I find it helpful, good for willpower and internal strength, and the bootie!
Yoga is a simple yet very powerful technique to lose weight naturally. Yoga burn fewer calories compared to traditional exercise. However, with yoga and meditation, you can increase your mindfulness which can help you make the right choices especially when it comes to your diet.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:54 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Smile I am new here again.

Hi, I am just starting to post again here after quite a long time. I am 64 years old with about 70 pounds to lose. I would like to do yoga also. I so have a few dvd's here at home, but never seem to continue at anything I try. My goal is to be consistent at something. So today is the first day of the rest of my life, right? I am going to be consistent first of all with doing some sort of exercise everyday, some meditation, and logging my foods. Hopefully we can chat from time to time to encourage each other. Hope to talk with you soon.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:03 AM
FitDay Member

I mix yoga moves into my workouts. I keep saying I'll try a class (probably Bikram) but it's so intimidating.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:39 PM
FitDay Member

I myself do both Yoga and meditation. I think meditation just makes my mind and heart pure. And by Yoga i keep myself fit and healthy.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:45 PM
FitDay Member

yoga helps me before and also after my meditation practice…i don’t do a lot just around 10 mins each side of med…it helps to set up a …well for want of a better word…’ritual’ and seems to feed into the process very well
Old 01-05-2015, 08:27 AM
FitDay Member

I looooove Bikram Hot Yoga. It's A-MAZ-ING. Sadly I moved to a small town where there are no classes... and I'm really not much of a dvd person (somehow, I always feel silly when working out to an exercise DVD?)
Old 01-23-2015, 03:32 PM
FitDay Member

Yeah my dear, I am doing yoga from some time. Actually there were some health problems and my physician suggested me doing yoga. He recommended using online yoga classes for the proper instructions. I hope yoga will solve all my health problems!

Last edited by Kathy13118; 01-24-2015 at 03:37 AM. Reason: removed link

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.