FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Weight Loss Tips (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/)
-   -   yoga and meditation (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/11437-yoga-meditation.html)

fital 10-03-2014 03:15 PM

yoga and meditation

Hi Y'all

I am bikram yoga teacher...weight crept up when I got injured and turned 50. Go figure! So I am doing 30 day challenge, yoga everyday for a month, cutting back carbs, keeping track of calories (under 1200) and upping general activity, dog is getting a work out too. Bikram Yoga is pretty intense, depending on hard you go, lots of people drop body fat quickly, but those with thyroid issues have to be bit more conscious of what they eat. I find keeping protein up to 60 - 90 grams p. day helps cut appetite.. anyone else doing yoga? I find it helpful, good for willpower and internal strength, and the bootie!:D:D

rosabella2012 10-04-2014 03:16 PM

I've often considered yoga for my asthma, arthritis and poor flexibility but figured I wouldn't be very good at it so I never started. I try to keep my protein at around 80 grams per day. My MD would like it to be a little higher with lower fats. I find it a struggle to keep protein and fiber up while keeping fats and other carbs on the down-low. Any tip you have would be appreciated! Vicki

PaulinHildreth 11-13-2014 12:55 PM

Yoga is a great way to work on your flexibility and strength.

The Health Benefits of Yoga:

1.Yoga for Flexibility
2.Strike a Pose for Strength
3.Better Posture From Yoga
4.Breathing Benefits
5.Less Stress, More Calm
6.Good for Your Heart

AprilMcClintock 11-16-2014 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by fital (Post 111524)
Hi Y'all

I am bikram yoga teacher...weight crept up when I got injured and turned 50. Go figure! So I am doing 30 day challenge, yoga everyday for a month, cutting back carbs, keeping track of calories (under 1200) and upping general activity, dog is getting a work out too. Bikram Yoga is pretty intense, depending on hard you go, lots of people drop body fat quickly, but those with thyroid issues have to be bit more conscious of what they eat. I find keeping protein up to 60 - 90 grams p. day helps cut appetite.. anyone else doing yoga? I find it helpful, good for willpower and internal strength, and the bootie!:D:D

Yoga is a simple yet very powerful technique to lose weight naturally. Yoga burn fewer calories compared to traditional exercise. However, with yoga and meditation, you can increase your mindfulness which can help you make the right choices especially when it comes to your diet.

Lainey622 12-03-2014 12:54 PM

I am new here again.

Hi, I am just starting to post again here after quite a long time. I am 64 years old with about 70 pounds to lose. I would like to do yoga also. I so have a few dvd's here at home, but never seem to continue at anything I try. My goal is to be consistent at something. So today is the first day of the rest of my life, right? I am going to be consistent first of all with doing some sort of exercise everyday, some meditation, and logging my foods. Hopefully we can chat from time to time to encourage each other. Hope to talk with you soon.

prime357 12-16-2014 01:03 AM

I mix yoga moves into my workouts. I keep saying I'll try a class (probably Bikram) but it's so intimidating.

Anne3091 12-30-2014 08:39 PM

I myself do both Yoga and meditation. I think meditation just makes my mind and heart pure. And by Yoga i keep myself fit and healthy.

zapata99 01-04-2015 10:45 PM

yoga helps me before and also after my meditation practice…i don’t do a lot just around 10 mins each side of med…it helps to set up a …well for want of a better word…’ritual’ and seems to feed into the process very well

paisleyjane 01-05-2015 08:27 AM

I looooove Bikram Hot Yoga. It's A-MAZ-ING. Sadly I moved to a small town where there are no classes... and I'm really not much of a dvd person (somehow, I always feel silly when working out to an exercise DVD?)

Scott455 01-23-2015 03:32 PM

Yeah my dear, I am doing yoga from some time. Actually there were some health problems and my physician suggested me doing yoga. He recommended using online yoga classes for the proper instructions. I hope yoga will solve all my health problems!

johnpeteryoga 07-19-2021 06:12 PM

These are two practices that can be very beneficial to your health. By combining yoga and meditation with regular exercise, you may improve your flexibility, strength, balance, and overall well-being. Whether you've never tried the practice before or just want to spice things up with a little extra motivation, try adding these habits into your daily routine. You'll feel better than ever!? yoga provides an opportunity for us to slow down and be present in the moment--a refreshing contrast to our hectic daily lives. Many find it reduces stress, eases tension, improves blood flow, and improves posture.

Maxxx17 07-21-2021 10:08 PM

I like meditation. But I think that it is not an option for losing weight. It helps me the most with sports to keep myself in shape.

Eunice2021 07-27-2021 02:34 PM

If that makes you feel great