Notices

Personal Mantra/Motivation?

Old 05-23-2010, 04:01 AM
FitDay Member

Default Personal Mantra/Motivation?

Hi All,
I started my weight loss journey a few weeks ago..I know I am just starting but it is so hard to not get down on myself. I was wondering if any of you had a mantra you say to yourself when things get tough..or certain things you think about when you need motivation.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:24 AM
FitDay Member

"I want a jawline!"

"I want to fit into smaller clothes!"

"I want to be hot again!"

"I want to be comfortable in my own body!"

etc.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:34 AM
FitDay Member

"Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!"
Old 05-23-2010, 05:57 AM
FitDay Member

When i started i would google "obesity and health" and after spending hours reading about how obesity is related to most diseases and the shortest life, my mantra is now 'i want to live and a long time at that'

The odds are against me if i am obese or overweight by 30 or more pounds.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:34 AM
Super Moderator

Mine is the one in my signature...it really turned things around for me. Previously if I messed up, I would figure the day was shot and spend the rest of it stuffing other bad food into my mouth.

I'm like you, gretzky. When my motivation flags, I Google topics or read books or articles to get me back on track. It really resets my mindset.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:54 AM
FitDay Member

oh i love that egg quote, its perfect!
Old 05-24-2010, 09:54 AM
FitDay Member

I took a picture of Jillian Michaels (little clothes as possible of course), and printed it off. I took a picture of my face and taped it over hers, and copied it like 6 time. I put it everywhere- My bathroom mirror, inside my fridge hanging from the first shelf, hanging from a shelf of my "snack cabinet", on my work computer, and I would take one to the gym with e and put it on that little shelf thing on the treadmill. That way I can see myself how I want to be. I also wrote my goal weight down and cut it out and taped it on the display of my scale, so every morning I would see that, and I would be that happy that I want to keep going. I also bought smaller clothes as incentives and think about swim suit shopping.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:33 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels

---- Kate Moss
Old 05-24-2010, 01:45 PM
FitDay Member

Fitness magazine has a cute little program on their website... you create an avatar of yourself then add or subtract 20, 30 or even 40 pounds. I was so motivated to see myself 20 pounds heavier... I do not want that to happen!!!
Old 05-24-2010, 02:01 PM
FitDay Member

Iamskinny,

I have one pix from the last time I got about halfway to my goal and this time I posted the total calories I am allowed each day in strategic places. For me going to the corner store or supermarket to get some munchies or something else I shouldn't have was a problem for me. So there is where one of my post-its went.

Jaynie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.