Notices

HELP! The last sticky 20-30 pounds...

Old 04-01-2014, 05:55 AM
FitDay Member

Default HELP! The last sticky 20-30 pounds...

Hi all, I'm trying to lose those last 30 pounds. So far I've lost 2 lbs in 2 weeks. I can see a difference in my clothes, I feel alot skinnier but haven't seen a whole lot of movement on the scale.

I'm pretty much eating like a caveman, clean protein with every meal, salad or stir fry. I have had a glass of wine on Friday night and 2 scotch's on Sunday. Because I'm not seeing a bigger loss I'm going to cut out all alcohol.
My fitness routine is Mondays 1 hr vinyasa flow yoga, Tuesdays 1 hr kick box class, tonight (Tues) I'll go to the gym for an hour of cardio & 1/2 weights, Thursday 1 hr HIIT class, Friday gym (1 hr cardio, 1/2 hr weights, 1 hr yoga) Sunday gym cardio, weights but no yoga.

I thought it'd just be alot quicker to lose this weight since I've dumped the carbs and am exercising so much. Usually I see lots of movement on the scale in the first few weeks when I lose the carbs from shedding the water weight. Not this time!

I drink water and herbal tea all day and make a pot before bed.

A typical day: breaky 3/4 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 grapefruit, 1 coffee and a tea later on. Lunch 2 chicken drumsticks and 1 cup of kale/mushroom/onion/bell pepper stir fry, more tea Dinner: fish & asian salad. SF jello with protein if I'm still hungry closer to bed time and at least a pot of tea. (average day is 1000-1200 calories). Green tea after lunch, mint/cinnamon/ginger in the late afternoon and before bed.

Any suggestions people? Anything else you would think could help? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:12 AM
FitDay Member

Hi there! Sounds to me like you're doing everything right....exercise, lower carb, higher protein, keeping your calories in check. I don't see any real room for improvement and 2 pounds in 2 weeks is pretty good. I think you should keep doing what you're doing and try to be patient. Personally I thought the weight would come off faster than it has...it has taken much more work and persistance that I had ever imagined! But I think if you stick with what you're doing, you will see results over time. Hang in there! If you're looking for support and motivation, you're welcome to join us in the weekly motivational thread here on fitday.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
Hi there! Sounds to me like you're doing everything right....exercise, lower carb, higher protein, keeping your calories in check. I don't see any real room for improvement and 2 pounds in 2 weeks is pretty good. I think you should keep doing what you're doing and try to be patient. Personally I thought the weight would come off faster than it has...it has taken much more work and persistance that I had ever imagined! But I think if you stick with what you're doing, you will see results over time. Hang in there! If you're looking for support and motivation, you're welcome to join us in the weekly motivational thread here on fitday.
THanks so much for the positivity, I'll check the link out x