FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Weight Loss Tips (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/)
-   -   Newbie needs friends and support! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/1062-newbie-needs-friends-support.html)

Scarlett_Begonia 05-12-2010 08:51 AM

Newbie needs friends and support!

1 Attachment(s)
I just created an account and really, really need to make some online friends to share encouragement with. I am currently 170 lbs at thirty-eight years old. I was at 135 in December 2008, and I just hate it that my body is so gross! I've five children between the ages of three and sixteen, and have recently moved from Washington State to South Dakota. I haven't made any friends outside of church since we moved here the day after Thanksgiving, so I am reaching out to my virtual community on fitday. Friends?!

almeeker 05-12-2010 09:20 AM

I honey, welcome to the forum. I'm a little older than you, 42, and unfortunately for me a little heavier 172 pounds, but I can always use another friend. We only have 3 children of our own, but right now there are 6 in my house ages 11 months to 8 years old, and the 3 extra ones are here pretty regularly. I like your screen name by the way, begonias are some of my faves. This is a great spot for cheering each other on, and chatting.

So how much do you want to lose? Have you been through the "Weight Goal" tab, and what recommendations did it give you?

barkerks 05-12-2010 09:42 AM

I am a newbie too and also need some support. I am 44, the mother of two active boys, PTO president, run my own business, cook, clean, act as a kid taxi -- well you get the idea. I am sure this crazy schedule is not something new to most of you. I simply put myself last and never stick to my goals. Maybe a virtual friend will help.

Twinnermommy 05-12-2010 03:15 PM

I'm new too! I think these forums are great and would like to make some friends, too. I had twins a year ago, am 21, and have been putting myself last as well. I think our health is good for us and our kids, though, I want to be able to be active with them while they are growing up. I'm not overweight, but when I stopped breastfeeding I gained 5 pounds in 3 days :confused: and I have gained 15 more since I got pregnant. I just want to find a way to stop gaining and just be healthy.

So, Scarlett, tell us more about you! What do you like to do and what are your goals on here?

enamoredsoul 05-19-2010 06:24 AM

Hey everyone, I am not new to FitDay, but checking out/using these forums for the first time. I have actually been on yo-yo diets my entire life, since i've always been somewhat curvy. In all honesty, I used to enjoy it but lately I have really let myself go, and it has gotten out of control! According to FitDay, and gold standards, I am technically "severely obese" - and I cannot stand to look at myself some times!

All you ladies, I give you kudos. At least you beautiful and encouraging women have the excuse that pregnancy, children and a sedentary life style has made you arrive at this point. I am a 25 year old, graduate school student - and YET, here I am. I have come to realize that I am an emotional-eater, and that I eat when stressed...but sometimes I ask myself, is that really acceptable? Or merely an excuse?

What I am hoping to change this time, is not my weight, but my lifestyle...my habits...and the self-destructive cycle I've chosen to make myself a part of! And I really hope that I can make friends along the way who can keep pushing me towards this goal. I have a lot of good information on health, and welcome any questions/critiques/etc. Thank you so much everyone...and good luck!