Notices

Protien Shake Diet .....

Old 01-31-2014, 10:45 AM
FitDay Member

Default Protien Shake Diet .....

Hello Everyone, I am new to this, I am female about 5'6, 155lbs ..... I am searching for a way to drop pounds fast, and I am willing to do just about anything just as long as its healthy. I was thinking about trying a protein shake diet, with Advantedge Carb Control shakes. I want to try just these shakes and water for 7 days, just to see how many pounds I can shed off. Any advice ..... or anyone that has tried these before and is willing to shed some light into what I am getting myself into ........ or does anyone recommend a different shake ...... any advice would be appreciated!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2014, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

I'd get your doctor's opinion about it. Do you know if it is safe?
Old 02-01-2014, 02:29 AM
FitDay Member

Yes its safe, these shakes are meal replacements ...... I would never do a diet if it was going to jeopardize my health in anyway ........ I have did lots of diets in the past, I use to be closer to 200lbs August of 2011 but I lost all of it weighing 135lbs in May of 2012 but I put on a few pounds after moving away from home ....... So now I am looking a something new and not the same boring diet I went on the last time ...... I was just kind of hoping someone on these forums would have did this before and could give a little advice to someone new to the protein shake/meal replacement world .......
Old 02-01-2014, 03:35 AM
Super Moderator

Perhaps they are meal replacements, so that sounds safe, but aren't those usually just for maybe two meals (at the most) a day? That's why I asked about your doctor's opinion.

I do know someone who lost a lot of weight with meal replacements, but it was two meals a day using the replacement beverage and then one modest meal. She also had to exercise on a treadmill (she could have walked or done something else, too) every day. She did lose a lot of weight. She put it all back on, too.... that's another story.