Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Reasonable goal vs. unreasonable goal, how to know the difference. >

Reasonable goal vs. unreasonable goal, how to know the difference.

Notices

Reasonable goal vs. unreasonable goal, how to know the difference.

Old 11-10-2013, 06:12 AM
FitDay Member

Default Reasonable goal vs. unreasonable goal, how to know the difference.

How many times do we do this. We set a handful of goals for ourselves for a week and only meet a few of those goals one or two days out of 7? If this is you, maybe you need to re-think your strategy. You are your own cheerleader in this life. But you also are the player. You know what you are capable of. Be honest with the goals you set, and you will achieve them.

What are your honest goals?
Old 11-10-2013, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

Very simple goal: when I lose a pound, not to regain it.

If I can do that, I'm golden.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:31 AM
FitDay Member

Kathy! That was/is one of mine too! I weigh daily so I can grab that little pound and shake it if I need to! Much easier to go after a half a pound than to discover 10!
Old 11-11-2013, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

My goals are exercise and nutrition based. The way I see it, I have control over what I do rather than what the scale will do. If I focus on nutrition and exercise and stay honest with myself, the scale will follow. I try my very best to exercise 6 times per week and stick to a healthy diet of around 1200 calories per day.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:29 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, that is perfect! Goals you can control and honesty. If you can't be honest with yourself then the whole thing is pointless, right? I can pretend I didn't eat a basket of chips and queso, but my stomach knew I did it, and it counted those calories whether I choose to log them or not!
Old 11-12-2013, 06:15 AM
FitDay Member

I'm not giving up! Trying the Ketogenic diet, doing weight training once a week and circuit training 3 times a week...starting a hot yoga class tomorrow. Lost 3 pounds on day 2. Three weeks later no change. Still staying off the carbs sweets and fruits but a bit discouraging; maybe it's my age - 58. Hoping FitDay will help.
Height 5' 3"
Weight 130. Goal weight 118
Old 11-12-2013, 12:50 PM
FitDay Member

Lucie, Don't give up! 3 pounds in 4 weeks is an amazingly good rate and a reasonable loss and a reasonable goal. That 118 is doable. Don't let a sluggish scale reading beat you down. 3 pounds is a lot of weight when you are so close to "ideal weight" and your ultimate goal is just a few pounds away. Pace yourself, enjoy life & the ride.