Notices

91 Day Challenge

Old 01-20-2010, 08:07 AM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb 91 Day Challenge

Hey there!

Yesterday I decided to commit to 91 days of healthy behaviors and see what progress I can make toward a new me.

Why 91 days? Well, that's about 3 months: 13 weeks. That should be long enough to take the new desired behaviors and make them into habits.

It's long enough to be able to see some pretty clear results. It's short enough not to be overwhelming.

Here's how it's breaking down:
5 days of exercise/training days per week: 65 workouts total (with 39 of those to include weight training.) If I lose one pound per week, that's potentially 13 pounds I could lose.

Besides adding the exercise habit back to my life, I'll be phasing out my daily martini habit (5 oz. = 327 calories) - of which sometimes I have two - and giving up cigarettes (again), which I tend to have along with the cocktail. (Two birds, and all that) I know how unhealthy these both are! But more on this with future posts... Suffice it to say I'm looking forward to feeling better.

I don't have a target for the weight loss, because I want to focus more on the healthy behaviors and fitness than the numbers on my scale. I just want to see what happens. I'll take down my weight and measurements a few times throughout, but only for further evidence of progress - nothing more.

I'll be posting here with the day and workout number to goal.
Today is Day 2 of 91 and workout 2 of 65.
(89 days to go and 63 workouts.)

Woohooo!

Anyone want to come along?
Old 01-21-2010, 12:57 AM
FitDay Member

Default Day #3, Workout #3

Got on the scale this morning... ugh. No wonder I feel fat. It's cause I am!

Anywhooo, it's a weight training day today.

Here's what I'm currently doing:
  • Rear lunges
  • Squats
  • Plies
  • Bicep Curls
  • Lateral deltoid raises
  • Front delt. raises
  • Military presses
  • Upright barbell row
  • (reclining) Overhead triceps extensions
  • Chest presses
  • Dumbbell pectoral flies (flys?)
  • Bent-over dumbbell row

My cardio work is lower-body intensive, so I focus on upper-body with the weight work. I'll add some core/abs work later.

88 days and 62 workouts to go!
Old 01-22-2010, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default Welcome to Day 4 :)

So... Day 4, workout 4

Today is a non-weight-training day. Cardio work for today is step aerobics to one of Christi Taylor's DVDs for 45 to 60 minutes. (Going for higher intensity workout on the off-weight days.)

I'm the only person I know who still does step. Oh well - I can't go cross-country skiing with no snow - and I'm a little bored with the treadmill (at least until I'm fit enough to run intervals again.)

Skiing is my winter workout of choice. It burns the most calories and I can go for longer periods of time. Plus, it's never boring! I hope we get more snow again before the end of January. (Rain in the forecast this weekend... hmpf.)

(87 days and 61 workouts to go)
Old 01-22-2010, 11:55 PM
FitDay Member

Default Day 5

It's the 5th day of my little challenge. Today is again a weight-training day. I'm not nearly as sore as I've been the rest of the week, so it feels like progress already.

I know I'm pushing my body, but I've been very fit in the past - not the RECENT past, I grant you - so I know I can do it.

Tomorrow is my day off this week (for training), but I'm thinking at least an hour of walking on the treadmill will feel good. Besides, I've had too many off days these past few years. I'd like to keep the forward momentum.

Wrapping up week 1 of 13: I've quit smoking, quit the evening martini (switched to herbal tea), stuck to my workouts and the plan in general - who's a good girl???

12 weeks to go. 86 days. 60 (planned) workouts left.
Woohooo!
Old 01-23-2010, 03:09 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Wow Kimmy...no martinti??? You are a mad woman Good plan for stopping smoking!! I took up running as a substitute when I quit...I think you are set for success with your plan!
Old 01-23-2010, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

Kimmy, what an awesome start!! It takes great self discipline to make all those changes at one time, I am impressed! I will keep checking in on your thread to see if you can motivate ME to get moving! I am doing well with the healthy eating, but not with the exercising. Keep up the good work!
Old 01-23-2010, 01:29 PM
FitDay Member

Sounds like you are off to a great start Kimmy, Good for you. I am also trying a weight loss challenge. I am hoping to lose about 80lbs. I am more concentrating on the life style changes more so than the numbers right now. Best of luck
Old 01-23-2010, 04:23 PM
FitDay Member

where is Kimmy?? I miss her already ... tell me bout day 6!! Keep up the great work. Kimmy does rock. Feelin the need to get my butt in gear!
Old 01-23-2010, 11:55 PM
FitDay Member

Default Good MORning! It's Day 6!

Hey all! Tenk you... Tenk you... for the warm welcome and 'atta girl' type comments.

I like it!

Although it's my 'day off', I plan to walk/run some intervals on the treadmill today. Mostly, because I plan to be BAD with my food choices. I think dear daughter and I will be going out for buffalo chicken wings.

Yikes.... there's my fat intake for a week!

If I wanna play, I've gotta pay. Hence the intervals. I've gotta earn that treat, ya know?

I should still have a large deficit at the end of the day, so I'm not gonna worry.

To keep myself busy and my mind off the cigs, I've been de-cluttering some cabinets, drawers and ooooh... my desk looks all organized and pretty now! I even backed up my hard drive yesterday.

I'm feeling very good about the feng-shui-ness of it all.

Ooh... almost forgot: 85 days, 60 (planned) workouts to go!
Old 01-24-2010, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

Too bad there isn't a way to chat with each other. Do you have a facebook page? It is so helpful to be able to chat and encourage each other. I think you are doing great!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.