Notices

Feeling Depressed...:-(

Old 04-28-2010, 02:44 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy Feeling Depressed...:-(

I dont know if it has to do with the diet, or trying to avoid snacks (chips and salty things, which are my downfall) but I feel so depressed today.

I just dont wanna do anything or be around anyone... which is hard because I'm at work. The only problem is that when I get like this I dont even feel like eating or doing anything remotely active...

does anyone else go through these mood swings or is it just me?
Old 04-28-2010, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

All the time sweetie! I have been dealing with depression and being overweight for as long as I can remember...and I'm only 30! It's a hard balance! I know sometimes I feel like I'm punishing myself when I can't have crappy food. Then I have to think "no Diana you are rewarding yourself - you are going to be skinny someday"!

I hope you start feeling better soon! I don't know if the sunshine is out where you are at - but I know that always makes me feel a little better - even if I'm just sitting in it!

Take Care!
Old 04-28-2010, 04:25 AM
FitDay Member

i let myself get depressed once in awhile but only for one day then i tell myself get over it. i go over the charts to track my weight and try to celebrate little things like an inch or even half an inch i've lost from somewhere. i hope you feel better tomorrow.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:31 AM
FitDay Member

I'm sorry that you're feeling down. I think women in general tend to go through swings in mood more often than men, just due to our hormone cycle.

Even if it's just escaping from the office for 20 minutes or so, go for a brief walk to get some fresh air. Try not to look at it as exercise, so much as just a break from everyone and get a fresh perspective.

Hope you get "up" again soon!
Old 04-28-2010, 04:53 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you guys! just seeing your responses brighten up my day even for a little bit, but YES! i hope i get out of these blues soon!
Old 04-28-2010, 05:07 AM
FitDay Member

hope you feel better soon, i also go through the mood changes often, and as diana suggested, taking a little break, or going for a short walk might help. don't worry darling, tomorrow will be a better day!