Notices

First DAY

Old 03-05-2013, 09:10 PM
FitDay Member

Default First DAY

Hi All, My first day of my diet. Feel scared but hopefull. Needless to say but this is not my first try at a diet, but this has to be my last. I cannot carry on like this, my life seems to be passing me by. Anyone out there with some success stories that will help me?
Old 03-06-2013, 12:09 AM
Super Moderator

Check out the threads...particularly the section "success stories." There are lots of inspiring stories.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:14 AM
FitDay Member

I am not what you might call a success story, but I will encourage you. Try and try again. Take each moment in its full golden wonderfulness. I wanted to lose 50 pounds to go to my high school reunion and look "great" I motivated myself by buying expensive non-refundable tickets to the events. By two weeks until the reunion I had lost 3 and felt awful trying to find a dress in the 2X or 3X rack. I didn't want to go. I did and people looked at me and laughed and made comments.BUT I DIDN'T DIE. It made me stronger and strengthened my resolve to do this for myself. I deserve to be fit. You deserve to be fit. Take it slow. Concentrate on being healthy instead of losing weight. FitDay says being FIT is the most important thing, it isn't called "SkinnyDay". These great resources will help you become fit. You will have a fit back, fit knees, fit waistline, fit blood vessels. You are a precious human being in the world and you will be fit soon. Remember the turtle wins the race. You will get there and you are important. Treat yourself like you would treat the most important person in the world, you are that person.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:24 AM
FitDay Member

Hi there
I can hand on heart say that 1 of the ways to succeed is to have a positive mindset and people to talk to on the good/bad days. When I started Fitday I was so overwhelmed at how everyone understood what my battle was because many of us have felt and been n the same place. That for me was key- there's been nothing worse for me than trying to explain my battles with food, self esteem, binging with people who think I'm over reacting. At fitday people read my mind and just know the full story. I've made friends with people who as strange as it seems live so far away but connect with me much more through the things that really matter.

Share how you're feeling, don't be ashamed about anything and we will all help you through your journey.

I used to be 16st 10lb, with healthy diet and exercise I lost 6 stone and only in the last year I have gained a stone back, now I'm back I have no doubt that I will lose it again. I'm 3 stone away from goal!!

Good luck, jump on the forums as often as you like and we will do this together!!
Old 08-07-2013, 05:17 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations on your first day of your lifestyle change! I have yo-yo dieted my entire life with some success but then I would gain all my weight back and more. I finally decided to make a lifestyle change for my entire family and we are all benefiting from healthier foods, more exercise and tons of water :-) Good luck and keep up the good work!