FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   5-15 Pounders Weekly Check In for 4/27/10 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/950-5-15-pounders-weekly-check-4-27-10-a.html)

cjohnson728 04-26-2010 03:00 PM

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check In for 4/27/10

Happy Tuesday, everyone! I'm sure glad there is a day between the weekend and our check-in day! What's going on with everyone this week?

mambogirl81 04-26-2010 10:42 PM

Good Morning! Boy, I would like to be sleeping in today! This past week has been crazy to the point of my not logging in any of my food on Fitday, so I was a bit worried to weigh in this morning, but I am down 1 pound, so yeah! Had an event this weekend where I hadn't seen some people I knew for awhile and got comments that I looked like I lost weight, so that was nice.:)

Hope everyone else had a good week, and I look forward to having the time to read all this past weeks posts and caught up on how you all are.

Jan 1 - 143
April 27 - 134

agarner3706 04-26-2010 11:18 PM

Way to go mambo! Don't you love it when people notice the hard work:)

I am down 2 pounds this week. Trying to get back on track for my goal. I'm a little above the curve, but I'm hoping I can catch up within the next few weeks.

Built 04-27-2010 12:50 AM

Mambo, Even though WE know we're doing the work, it is so nice when we get positive feedback from others. Enjoy!

Andrea, sounds like you watched your nutrition even if you didn't log it. Congrats on the 2#!

As for me, I am making slow but steady progress. I've stayed consistent with exercise and am mixing up my weights from moderate to hard days. Hopefully that will help me add more strength. The scale finally read 119 this morning, so breaking that 120 barrier was a pleasant surprise. I know it will rise as the day goes on, but I enjoyed seeing it again! Tummy measured 27" and thigh measured 19", so I'm heading in the right direction. Weekends are usually my most challenging times, nutritionally speaking. So that will be my next goal.

Looking forward to reading more from everyone!

blackrhino2 04-27-2010 01:03 AM

Great job guys! You are all doing so well!!! I'm clapping for you now :)

cjohnson728 04-27-2010 01:10 AM

Great job, Andrea, Beth, and Mambo! And also to Julia on your loss last Thursday at WW weigh-in. It's great to see your posts; they are so motivating :).

Steady week here...the biggest thing was having to be flexible...meals not as planned, last minute changes, exercise plans rained out, etc. I tried to roll with it and I think I did ok after the initial "clutch."

Yesterday I ordered my bathing suits online. Got one regular and one bikini (the first one in my life). We'll see how it fits when it comes. Just having enough confidence to order it was a big step.

quinnesec 04-27-2010 01:41 AM

Andrea and Mambo* Congrats on getting that stubborn scale to move! No small task!

Beth* Only 1 lb. to goal!!! You're almost there! All of your hard work has paid off. I'm sure you look wonderful!

Cassie* You go girl with that bikini! ;) I have one, but I usually just wear it in places where I need a passport! lol

As for me, and as for all of us it sounds, busy end of the year school schedules, among other things, have made it difficult to continue logging and planning ahead. But, the good news is that it seems that we're all determined to find solutions to the bumps in the road. I'm convinced that without this means of support, many of us would have slipped back into old habits by now. So, again, thank you for your support and encouragement as I now add my 10 week mark. :)

quinn

toolarge 04-27-2010 02:08 AM

After three weeks of being scared to weigh in I finally did. 120.0. Granted, this is the same as when i started, but at least now I am finally holding myself accountable and fitday can help determine my baseline caloric needs. I promise to weigh in every week no matter what!

COLOR="Blue"]toolarge
starting: 120.0
current: 120.0
goal: 110.0[/COLOR][/COLOR]

mjones29 04-27-2010 02:52 AM

Hi Ladies, my first check-in and I am only only down 1lb! I'm in the middle of exams at the moment so haven't been focused enough. Got plenty of exercise in but unfortunately it's all about the calorie intake! Going to stick to 1,200 cals for the next week and hopefully I'll be reporting a bigger loss next week.

Starting Weight: 154 18 April 2010
Current Weight: 153
Goal Weight: 133
Height: 5.6

runawayspoon 04-27-2010 03:20 AM

Hi everyone! Weighed in at 132.4 today-- yeah!
Start date:Feb 2: 142
Stats: 35/26.5/35.5 Thighs 18.....
Goal: 125 (or 34/25/34) whichever comes first!

I changed my date for reaching my goal to June 15....just being realistic as I am losing about 1 lb every ten days. That would be 6 weeks.

I just keep telling myself, why am I so scared to be a little hungry now and then? That's my hang-up! Has to do with something that happened when I was very little, I'm sure.....

You are all doing great! I am so impressed with how many balls you all have in the air at once! As an empty nesting retiree, I find being a full time student satisfies me!

Have a super week--Sharon:)

blackrhino2 04-27-2010 03:24 AM

ahh i just wrote up a semi long post and then lost it. i'm interning for a govt agency this semester and I they have so much security on their comps that I think it makes this site extra clunky. ugh.

beth--congrats on the 1 lb! that is wonderful. you are such a great role model for being consistent with your new lifestyle. slow and steady wins the race.

cassie--i swear bikinis are more flattering than once piece suits, atleast for my body type. congrats on the purchase, i just know you will look great in it!

mjones--1lb is great for hte first week!! wonderful job!

quinn--10 weeks of maintenance! you are certainly an inspiration to me. it's fantastic that you have kept the weight off. :D i hope to be there one day. maybe in a month.

toobeautiful, maybe you did lose weight but you don't know it because you aren't sure where you started from! great work on keeping up with fitday and posting to our forum:) i love keeping with everyone!

blackrhino2 04-27-2010 03:27 AM

sharon, i just saw your post! I just wanted to congratulate you as well on your loss. you are making real progress! i recently changed my goal date as well...i don't want to be unrealistic either!

Browneyez31 04-27-2010 03:36 AM

Ok so its not that much but at least is a loss, I lost 1/2 lb, i have mixed emotions but normally i do my weigh in at the end of the week, so maybe by friday I'll see a bit more ;-)

Starting weight: 180lbs
Current weight: 174lbs
Goal weight: 125lbs

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...hDm/weight.png

mandab1 04-27-2010 04:12 AM

This week I lost the 1 lb that I gained last week..... I can't remember the last time I logged my foods so I'm rather surprised that I lost the lb.

Congrats on all of your wonderful results ladies!

Built 04-27-2010 07:32 AM

Just wanted to post that I am so proud to be associated with this group of ladies! You are all doing a great job and I am inspired each time I check in on Tuesdays. Whether we're looking to decrease body fat, build strength or maintaining, I know we are leaps and bounds ahead of where we were a few short months ago. There is real power in this collective body of women!

PS: I like bikini's too, and only wear mine at the beach. People stare at the local pool and I feel too self conscious.

cjohnson728 04-27-2010 07:42 AM

Right on, Beth! I know I could not do it and keep doing it without all of you! I put that in my gratitude post today :)

Yes, the bikini is for the beach...in another state...where I don't know anyone...and will never see them again...and definitely NOT for the neighborhood pool :eek:!

(If I actually keep it!)

Great job this week on getting over hurdles (both time, scale, physical and mental), ladies!

agarner3706 04-27-2010 12:12 PM

Congrats to all of you girls! You all have made this journey so much easier to do. I don't know what I would do without our weekly check ups and our group. Cassie, I have a bikini for the summer too. A little scared to wear it though, especially around my friends that are tiny. We do a lake trip every summer and they told me last summer that I was wearing an old lady suit, so I caved to the peer pressure and bought a bikini. We'll see if it makes it out this summer:)

Keep up all of the great work everyone. Even if you only see a little loss, it's a step in the right direction.

runawayspoon 04-27-2010 02:59 PM

I have a bikini I bought in Kauai a year ago...it was just way too hot there! I wear it in the back yard .... I even take the top off...no one can see me....I have to be ok with my body and my self from time to time....we are one, after all (our bodies, our selves). I'm certain that without your clothes, and your cultural expectations, including mine, we are all, beautiful!

MollySue2 04-27-2010 10:04 PM

Can I join?

Hi ya all,

I'm a newby to this site and to the forum and am still trying to work it all out. :) I'm intending to lose 15-20 lbs, some of which I've been carrying around throughout my college years and some which I mainly gained while writing my thesis.

So, this is my first check-in and I haven't lost any weight yet. Mind you, I only started counting calories and incorporating exercises into my daily routine yesterday, so I'm hopeful I'll be reporting some kind of weight loss next week.

Best wishes!

Starting Weight: 130 (27 April 2010)
Current Weight: 130
Goal Weight: 115
Height: 5.5

blackrhino2 04-29-2010 06:04 AM

Hi Ladies,
I went to WW today and I lost 0.4lbs. Wowwwww! haha. yes. i'll mark that as a success since I'd be really upset if that was a gain, so I should be just as happy that it's a loss! right??

On Wed. nites I have a class where we meet to talk about our internships and the supposed perk is that they give us pizza and chocolate. For some reason this pizza always tastes like the best pizza ever invented. I try to only have 2 but last night I had 4. The toppings were really fantastic, lots of veggies and interesting ideas for making my own at home (that's the positive spin). Likely if I hadn't downed 4 slices I would have a more substantial loss.

But in all honesty I'm very happy with a loss of any kind and that I can share it with you guys! It's sometimes hard for me to contribute at WW meetings because most members are very overweight and so I feel guilty or something about my weight. So thank you ladies for being there to read my contributions :)

Molly Sue-- Of course you can join! Tuesdays are the day that everyone else weighs in.

Built 04-29-2010 07:57 AM

Molly Sue, Glad to have you join us. You might also want to check in on the regular 5-15 # Club thread as there's usually more daily activity there.

Julia, Congrats on the loss! I definitely celebrate any losses, especially if I've enjoyed something high in calories. That's a real bonus:D

cjohnson728 04-29-2010 08:28 AM

Welcome, Molly Sue! Hope you enjoy it here as much as we do :).

Julia, congrats! I love your positive energy! I was thinking about it being your WW day today and thought about posting a good luck this morning, then I realized that luck has nothing to do with it...it's your hard work. Glad it paid off this week!