Notices

1st day journey to a healther life

Old 04-11-2013, 07:18 AM
FitDay Member

Red face 1st day journey to a healther life

I have got to do this! I have a lot to lose....both weight wise and life wise if I don't make the changes... I have just recently gone to a doctor for a well woman check and I have found in fact that I am NOT well So here I am! Ready to make changes and I need them to be quick...have started to take medicine and check gluclose levels and really don't want to do this because it's expensive and I don't like taking meds....would rather spend my $$ on other "fun" things. I googled "free" online weight loss tools and found this one so will try it out. Not sure I understand everything about it but willing to be patient. Well gonna get off and try to clean a little before kids get home....that's moving right???
Old 04-22-2013, 09:28 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Good luck on your journey - you have made the most important step of getting started! Get as active as you can, and log every calorie you eat and all the activities you do throughout the day - you are right even house work is beneficial! There is lots of great info on this website, but long story short, you need to burn more calories than you eat! Fitday will do the calculations for you based on your weight goal/time frame and tell you how many calories you should be burning and eating. You need to eat 1000 calories less than you burn everyday to loose two pounds a week, or that is the rough general calculation.

Stick with it - once you get through those first couple of weeks and see those first pounds falling off you won't look back!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:29 AM
FitDay Member

Good luck to you! Fitday has plenty of information you need, and the community here is very helpful.