FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Who's Got 10-15 lbs to lose- New Post April 2013 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/9377-whos-got-10-15-lbs-lose-new-post-april-2013-a.html)

awesomeliza 06-22-2013 03:23 PM

I'm in!!! :)

Originally Posted by beccafries (Post 97488)
Hi,
I decided to start a new post since we have lots of newbies and some
ppl have seem to VANISH- please come back!!! :)

Let's get this post going AGAIN, it really helped me to stay on track and
when I did fall off track the ppl here motivated me....we motivated
each other.....

So, let's start OVER.... :D

Who's with me ?????

I'm with you!:D

NYLilac93 06-25-2013 11:16 PM

Hi, I'm returning!

Hi! About 4 years ago I lost some major weight- went from 205 to 142. So there is hope out there! I kept it off for 4 years with just having to tweak a bit here and there, but in the last year I have seen a gradual increase and now I am up to 163, which I promised myself I would never get above 150 again.
I would like to get down to 140 this time so that I have just a bit of wiggle room

amrn1965 06-26-2013 11:05 PM

I need this thread. I have around 12 pounds to lose and it is very hard to get those last pounds off without extreme dieting. Patience!!

Kwest85blue 06-27-2013 12:32 PM

Its official, 130.5 lbs today . Only 2.5lbs to go by August 20th... yay!!!

beccafries 06-30-2013 02:36 PM

Great Job everybody
Welcome to the newbies :)

Im still the same wt..148.8 I will take it :D

jonjaxmom 07-09-2013 07:29 AM

Look i came back!

Man, life sure has gotten in the way of ME in the last 3 months.
Baseball, soccer and my husband had a bit of a health scare, the last thing
I made time for was jumping around the health blogs and forums.

I've missed you all, but I haven't forgotten any of you. FitDay is the one thing that was constant and helped me during my weight loss journey. Just wanted you guys to know that I am here again, and to tell you some good news that I hope helps keep you guys motivated too.

While I stepped away from this forum, I switched to a maintenance type of diet. I didn't log or track my food and exercise, but from doing this for so long, I've gotten a pretty good idea of proper portion sizes and what to avoid. Tried not to obsess about things, if I ate a poor lunch I made up for it with a healthy dinner, etc.

I weighed in today and after 3 months of this, I am the same weight. I maintained. I cant believe it!

Listen, I still have issues with my self image when it comes to weight. I am sure this will stay with me forever. But what a pleasant surprise that I can lead a normal life for 3 months and despite all the stresses and daily struggles, I can keep my weight where it is.

This must count for something, right? ;)

Hang in there ladies, one step at a time, just keep swimming! And talk to you soon...

Kwest85blue 07-11-2013 02:47 PM

:)

Congrats JonJaxMom!! Your are right, it is a great accomplishment to maintain your weight for that long, especially with all the stressers. Hope your husband is doing well. Are you a type 1 diabetic? I am 28 and have been a type 1 diabetic since 1991. Its definitely harder to lose weight when you have to eat because of blood sugar lows, etc... So congrats again for maintaining!!

Kellie W.
28 yrs old - 5'8"

highest weight (2005) - 205lbs

May 2013 - 138lbs
July 1st 2013- 128lbs - GOAL ATTAINED!! yay :D

beccafries 07-12-2013 02:31 AM

Hey Chris glad to see you post again.....maintaining is an AWESOME thing....once u get the hang of whats right for ur body...yes u know...u know what to do and how to do it.... hope ur hubby is okay now...

I'm 147.2 today:D

jonjaxmom 07-19-2013 01:28 AM

Kellie -thanks for the support! I am what they now consider a Type 1-1/2. Doctor said I now have Type 1 diabetes but it did not manifest itself until later in life and not as a juvenile. At first I was lumped in with Type 2s because my pancreas does produce some insulin, but it is poor quality at that. Even if I were to lose 100 pounds, I would still have bad numbers because my diabetes is not due to being overweight.

Becca, hubby is doing better. He is 45 and had a heart attack about 3-4 weeks ago. Was very scary time, he's pretty young for something like that! But family history was major factor for him. Artery is now clear again, he's feeling better now than he has for awhile . He's riding his bike again for exercise and we are both trying a more heart healthy diet. Glass of wine with dinner is encouraged! LOL Let's see how things go as our family figures out what our new "normal" is!

beccafries 07-20-2013 04:33 AM

Chris- that's good he is much better!

146.4 :)