Community
Notices

Want to lose 25 lbs., Need Support

Old 05-07-2010, 10:47 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Tracey!

Well, we all have things we don't really need sometimes, but you're right, definitely don't hold it against yourself. I say good for you for throwing the rest of it out!!

I went to a wine and jazz festival with friends last night and had 4 glasses of wine - I drink pretty rarely - and oh my goodness! I had no idea there were so many calories in wine! Not quite the way to reach your weight loss goal. But the same goes for me ...I'm not going to kick myself over it, I'll just be a bit more careful today.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Old 05-08-2010, 12:08 AM
FitDay Member

Hi margaret your encouragement has made me feel much better and im also trying my best today to stick to the diet. I always find it much more difficult not to snack so much on weekends. I think its because the kids are staying at their dads til sunday and im not busy. I know i should exercise or something but i just like ton chill out and enjoy the rest until its back to all systems go through the week. I dont drink much either but if i do i try and stick to a spirit and diet cola but it easy to get carried away when out. I always think its best to enjoy yourself. If i know im going to have alcohol i limit my cals through the day so im not going too over my allowance.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:13 PM
FitDay Member

i hit a PR tonight while running! 4.1 miles! that's 1 mile further than I've run in the past - i've only been able to get to 3 miles lately. i think it was the combination of finding the perfect song to run to, that fit my mood, and my new running shoes. (my old running shoes had run their course, so to speak.)

now i just have to resist the urge to 'reward myself' with a treat.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:46 AM
FitDay Member

wow, that is awesome! 4.1 miles i want to get back into shape to do that again...

2nd job week, trying to control my tired eating when i get home at night. I was right, the weight spike was my period and I'm back down to 202. Haven't lost any yet. Went shopping and got all fresh veggies and fruits, some plain yogurt. I've been looking more at sugar now than fat to try and stop those cravings. I biked a lot last week but was more lazy than i wanted to be this weekend. I had to babysit my nephews because my sisters dog was sick and needed to go to the vet. Her husband is overseas so she doesn't have a lot of people to fall back on for emergencies. Did some gardening though, in the rain, lots of digging.
I've hit a wall with stress though and i can already feel it creeping up on me. My future husband has been laid off for a year and has been trying to find work. We just found out that he only has 7 weeks of unemployment left because the government is stopping the extension program. My landlord is trying to raise rent outside the terms of our lease. Might have a way out though with financial hardship, my parents are moving to a larger place and they said we could take the top floor and move in with them until things get settled. My father has been out of work also so my mom is afraid of his extensions ending and they will need help with rent too. At least the weather has been nice...except for tomorrow...but this has been one of the nicest springs since college. Trying to use the outdoors and exercise as a stress reliever to keep from eating, so far so good.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:08 AM
FitDay Member

well, it's weigh in day for me. i only lost 1.2 lbs since last week. it's hard not to be disappointed by such a small number. i know that it's better than not losing any weight at all - and definitely better than gaining a lb - but it's still hard not to feel a little disappointed.

c'est la vie - i'll just focus on upping my cardio this week and see if that makes a difference at next week's weigh in.

how is everyone else doing?
Old 05-13-2010, 05:28 AM
FitDay Member

I was doing great and now I just had a huge size of cake at my work.. ahh so unfair.. I have really hard time staying away from sweets so when i see cake starting at me it's soo difficult!
Old 05-15-2010, 09:21 AM
FitDay Member

I also find it hard to say no to food especially when its right in front of me. Its the same when the kids treats are in the cupboard and so i go upstairs on an evening so not to give into temptation. Ive also put all the biscuits and bars into a lidded tub. If i open the cupboard and there is an open packet of biscuits staring at me its just too easy to take one(or 3) when nobody is looking!
Cakes however is much more difficult and i only buy them once a week for my partner and ive got to use all my willpower to say no but i think its unfair for the rest of the family to miss out on goodies so i only get them in rarely and he eats them all in one day so its kinda ok!(he wants to gain weight) I tell you though if its got fresh cream i gotta allow myself just a little taste, mmm...mmm...mmmm!!!
Its really hard saying no to the foods we love! I have a little saying i think of whenever i want to eat the whole thing-A teaspon full tastes exactly as the rest so why eat it all when the flavour is all the same! This may not make much sense in words but it works for me most of the time. Usually just a tiny taste of something can satisfy my tastebuds enough not to have the whole thing.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

it's weigh-in day for me. i've lost 2 pounds since last week. that's a HUGE surprise to me - i was preparing myself for a plateu week because i ate like a pig Saturday night (went to a bbq at my husband's client's house) and gorged myself on homemade chocolate tarte and meringue.

when you're invited over to someone's house - does anyone have any tips for eating healthy, monitoring portions and making healthy choices when someone else is cooking/serving food?
Old 05-24-2010, 05:50 PM
FitDay Member

I hope this thread's not dead...
Hey I just joined fitday about a week ago and found this thread today. Haha I also put on 'love weight'- about 20-25 lbs. We go out to eat too much and drink too much beer. I think having a beer after work once a week turned into having a couple beers a few nights a week and that delicious nectar of the gods is a big diet buster.
Anyways, since joining I've lost about 4 lbs- I love this site! I think it'd really help to have other ladies who are serious about losing 20-25 lbs. My goal is about 1.5 lbs a week and I know it'll get harder to lose as I get closer to my goal.
Anyways- hope you all are still on track!

Edit: ok as of this morning I'm back up to 151.5 - so those 4 lbs came right back somehow. : (

Last edited by MetalPeaches; 05-25-2010 at 04:16 AM.