Notices

So what, do I just starve or eat doughnuts?

Old 04-19-2010, 09:48 PM
FitDay Member

I think almeeker has a great suggestion. Just keep your chin up and keep trying. I will tell you, it is much easier at 16 to get a job even with little experience than an adult who knows their worker's rights. at least, that's how corporations feel. I totally understand the economy right now. I used to live in VT. there are absolutely no jobs their either. I relocated to Boston for the job I have now after a month of unemployment (which I know isn't an option at 16, i'm just commiserating with your difficulties), and was two months unemployed before I received the temp job before that. And I have a bachelors from a top school. Just keep plugging away. I wonder if there are any community gardens or farmers markets you could work/volunteer at in exchange for some fruits and veggies? Is that a weird suggestion?
Old 04-20-2010, 01:51 AM
FitDay Member

Everyone has great ideas here, and starting good habits (cleaning, eating, excersizing) now will pay off later. I moved out when I was 19 because of a bad relationship with my mom, and I was in 1st year university. I had good habits when I lived at home, but I also felt I was too busy to do any of it and my apartment suffered when I moved out. But, we ate well and I walked/biked everywhere so keeping up good health habits was easy. Can you walk/bike to school? It's a good way to stay in shape. I just biked to work and it took me less time that taking the train and I feel fantastic!!

I also want to offer my kudos to trying to stay on track. It's hard when everyone is trying to sabotage your efforts.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by NessaSonic
I wonder if there are any community gardens or farmers markets you could work/volunteer at in exchange for some fruits and veggies? Is that a weird suggestion?
I don't think that's a weird suggestion at all, in fact I think it's great. If she lived closer I would offer her veggies if she would come out and weed my garden or play with my kids while I weed it.