Community
Notices

Has this ever happened to anyone?

Old 04-20-2010, 11:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default Has this ever happened to anyone?

I first measured myself on 4/17/10. I measured myself tonight for the first time since. I am sooo upset!!! My waist is 1 inch BIGGER than it was before! Everything else lost, EXCEPT my waist and hips. I feel so...I don't know how to describe it. I think defeated is the best word. I stick to my diet, low fat, low carb, low cal. I do exercise, but I know I could do it more. My scale says I am down 29.6 lbs. I guess I just thought I would see a decrease in my waist. Which is really where I need to lose the most. Do I need to just buck up and not worry about it? Or what am I doing wrong?

So...has this happened to anyone???
Old 04-20-2010, 11:54 AM
FitDay Member

Like a lunatic, I measure my waist every morning. Why I don't know, but there it is. I can tell you that it's a lot unpredictable, because the stomach has so much going on. I had a stretch where it was bigger and bigger everyday because I was constipated. I have similar issues when it's that time of the month, then other times when it's just gas. So yes, I've had that happen. Just focus on the total drop, not the individual parts.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:15 PM
FitDay Member

Yes, especially if you're measuring that often. A lot changes due to menstrual cycle or just general bloating. Don't worry about it, you're still on the right track. You're still eating healthy and living a better life... how can you feel defeated about that? Especially after dropping 29.6 pounds, that's really great!
Old 04-20-2010, 03:23 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I had a mini-freak-out. BUT..I made it through it ok. I am noticing changes, BIG changes, and my pants DO feel smaller. Sooo..I guess a number is just a number and I can't base my motivation entirely on that. Although, I have to say, it is WAY easier to be motivated when you see big numbers. When I first found out that I was an inch bigger, I though "Screw it..no point in trying. I'm going to eat chocolate. LOTS of chocolate!" But, I didn't give into that idea. I have worked pretty hard and am very happy with my lifestyle changes to throw it away over an inch. So, if this was a test, I think I got a B+.

Thanks for letting me freak. Thanks for reassuring me. I appreciate it!
Old 04-20-2010, 04:35 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by amylee32
Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I had a mini-freak-out. BUT..I made it through it ok. I am noticing changes, BIG changes, and my pants DO feel smaller. Sooo..I guess a number is just a number and I can't base my motivation entirely on that. Although, I have to say, it is WAY easier to be motivated when you see big numbers. When I first found out that I was an inch bigger, I though "Screw it..no point in trying. I'm going to eat chocolate. LOTS of chocolate!" But, I didn't give into that idea. I have worked pretty hard and am very happy with my lifestyle changes to throw it away over an inch. So, if this was a test, I think I got a B+.

Thanks for letting me freak. Thanks for reassuring me. I appreciate it!
Amy, your pants aren't feeling bigger? Huh... my first thought was actually just human error. With me, my tummy is pretty large so I know I could never reliably re-measure without a lot of "ifs." So, I rely on the scale and how my clothes fit... still can't rely on how different I look... my mirror is broken and it just keeps showing me this familiar fat chick.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:28 AM
FitDay Member

Oops, I meant my pants feel BIGGER. Sorry. All my clothes are feeling bigger now. In fact, right now I am wearing a shirt that last summer felt too tight, but today it is so baggy I don't know that I can wear it to work anymore after this. I am thinking maybe it's human error too. I will try again tonight and see what it says. My scale this am said I am officially down 30.6 pounds. SOoo glad I didn't eat a load of chocolate last night

Erin, you crack me up! I think my mirror has the same defect...maybe there will be a recall on them and we can get ones that show the skinny people.

Have a good day!