Notices

Three Phase Program

Old 04-15-2010, 05:05 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Three Phase Program

Phase I- Stop smoking
Okay so I have spent the last 100 days or so getting in touch with my inner self. A couple things I have realized during my journey:
1) Friends for life actually means- friends until you’re a nicotine starved lunatic
2) Bosses do not like being called stupid in staff meetings
3) Some husbands don't understand that it is okay to yell for no reason and make a big deal out of nothing
4) just because your child is bigger then you doesn't mean you can't scare them.
5) My inner self is fat.

So moving on to Phase II- Getting in shape
I weighed myself (after realizing I was down to one pair of jeans and they were questionable)
I cried, and ranted, and called the scale evil names, and consoled myself with mashed potatoes and gravy. at 6:30 in the morning.
After calming down and eating some left over fried chicken, I realized I had traded one issue for another. Sure it is great to be able to breath after running, but whats the point if the only place I am running is to the fridge, and the grocery store?
So ten days ago I started a low cal diet. 1300 or less a day. (the equivalent of mashed potatoes and gravy)
I joined an on line tracking system, I bought 8 different kinds of lettuce, by the way they all taste like lettuce.
I found a friend interested in being my diet "buddy" and in 10 days I lost about 6 pounds.
I would recommend starting a diet while having your period, you lose a few pounds water weight and it boost your ego
But yesterday I did something I have not done in at least 15 years....
I did cardio. I maintained my target heart rate for 5 minutes. I burned enough calories to eat one Albertsons chocolate chip cookie. I survived. I was surprised I survived. Halfway through I was wondering why in the world I was doing it, but I finished. So now I plan on going to the gym at lunch 3-4 times a week. With my diet "buddy" and the gym lady Chantelle.

I will let you know when I get to Phase III-Shopping for the smaller butt
Old 04-15-2010, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

OMG your post was hilarious!!!!!!

Good luck on your next phase!

I believe that my inner self is actually THIN.....my body just needs to adjust accordingly now!!! lol I feel a lot skinnier than I am...i,e, whoa where did that extra 50 pounds come from????
Old 04-15-2010, 05:36 AM
FitDay Member

Default Well

I have never really had to worry about weight, I had the whole drama thing keeping me nervous
4 years ago I met my soul mate (boy was my husband upset). Long story short- I left a 20 year bad marraige, and within 3 weeks moved my 28 year old "boy friend" in with me and my 3 kids. So it sounds like a selfish mid-life crises but honestly it wasn't. Everyone is much happier now. And now that I am happy, and content, and " safe ". I am gaining weight. It is strange how now I am bigger then I have ever been but my confidence is at a lifetime high
Old 04-15-2010, 07:33 AM
FitDay Member

I was at my skinniest during my college years....I never had a car and was thus forced to walk at least a few miles a day to get to and from class. Those were the good old days!

Fast forward 5 years after college and I live a pretty sedentary lifestyle up until last month. It doesn't help much that my live in boyfriend of three years (and no RING yet!!!!!! ughhhh) is overweight at 6'3'' 360+ pounds. He is trying to encourage me, but then he goes out and brings home Cold Stone ice cream the other day!!!!! Ughhhh I was sooo jealous!

I would love for him to work out with me but he's been having back problems that make it painful for him and he just doesn't care enough to take the next step like I am now.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:28 AM
FitDay Member

Just stay tough My MIL is very overweight and seems to just sit around and wait for something to happen on it's own. No matter how much I try to motivate her (gently) she always has an excuse. I finally just quit after watching her eat a huge piece of fudge after checking her blood sugar and it was high. Don't his behavior drag you down !!!
Old 04-18-2010, 04:29 PM
FitDay Member

I totally get what you're saying about the only pair of jeans. I didn't realize until I began to take control of myself that I stopped wearing my "cute" jeans.

Congrats on trying to move to phase 3.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:33 AM
FitDay Member

Default heartbreak

Just found out that my home scale is five lbs different then the one at the gym... I know my weight lose is stiil the same but this makes my goal five more pounds away.
I am goign through my closet tonight though... Keeping the 8's but tossing the 6's cause WHEN I make it to a 6.... I will deserve NEW Clothes. !!!!!!!!