FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Wedding dress fears . . . . (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/8853-wedding-dress-fears.html)

LoserLaurie 01-03-2013 03:28 AM

Wedding dress fears . . . .

I am getting married in March and I was planning on going at the end of January to look for my dress. I just heard the shop is having a sale and it ends January 14th. SO . . . I guess I bump up buying the dress by a couple of weeks.

I have lost about half of what I want to lose before the wedding. And I am excited about finding a dress ...... BUT I am SO afraid of all those MIRRORS! YIKES what I nightmare to have to undress and dress in from of a total stanger and have to look in all those mirrors!!

I'm afraid I won't find what I am looking for and that I will not look like what I have pictured in my mind to look like in my dress.

Does any of this make any sense???

cjohnson728 01-04-2013 01:08 AM

Congrats, Laurie :)

I think you may be pleasantly surprised. More than any clothing, wedding dresses are cut to be quite flattering, and if you have a good salesperson, they will know what to pull for your shape. Many women I know have been caught off-guard by how nice their wedding dress makes their body look. Also, I don't really recall from my shopping days, but I find it hard to believe that many bridal shops have harsh fluorescent lighting like a department store dressing room would, so that's a plus right there.

Maybe you could go in some shapewear; that could help with the undressing anxiety to a degree and also with the fit of the dress. You're not far off goal, so I think you'll look great. These salespeople have seen so many folks in various shapes and sizes; I would think nothing would surprise them anymore.

Just keep an open mind. You might not look like what you pictured; you might find something totally different that makes you look stunning!

Best wishes for many happy years together!

LoserLaurie 01-16-2013 02:17 AM

Found my dress :)

I went Saturday and found my dress :)

It wasn't as bad as I thought. First of all, my dressing room didn't have mirrors so that was great! And my sales associate was very sweet and I felt comfortable changing in front of her.

My dress fit perfectly! I just need to have a friend hemmed the bottom. It's a little long. But I am really happy with it, it fits nice but it will be comfortable too, I won't have to walk around all day sucking in my stomach! lol

When I told my sales associate that I was marrying my high school sweetheart that I was engaged to and supposed to marry 33 years ago, she almost started to cry! When I showed her my engagement ring that was mine when I was 16 she really did start to cry :)

Only six weeks away and I'm really starting to get excited!

ahappieru 01-16-2013 03:19 AM

Happy for you that everything went well. Wow that is a beautiful story, one would have to believe you were meant to be together. Congrats and good luck <3

LoserLaurie 01-16-2013 08:16 AM

Thanks Renee . . . .

I would have to agree, we both feel this was meant to be :) Very happy.

wrightmary 03-27-2013 09:57 PM

No need to fear in such normal things.