Notices

Motivational for 12/24/12-12/30/12: Anybody?

Old 12-27-2012, 03:46 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, I think you're doing a GREAT job. Your "excuses" look like pretty valid "reasons" in my eyes, but you have to view them as accurately as you can. I applaud you for that--you have way more resolve than I do. Big hug to ya. Your food today looks really nutritious.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:49 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, you did great!!!

Jenn great job on the meal!!! Not so big as it could have been.

As for having photos taken, never liked it. I submit sometimes to make DH happy.

Robin, I agree with you about loving your body. It's taken me so long to do that and now I am struggling to do that with my DD. DD is home and has gained a lot of weight at college. I know it is common but she already had weight problems. Her diet is awful; her philosophy is she will cut out regular food so she can eat junk. I have told her this doesn't work and, in fact, backfires. I have filled the house with healthy food and gotten her a gym membership for the time she is here. I told her I hope she treats herself better. But she wants to do what she wants even tho she complains about her body, her lack of exercise, etc. She goes out and brings junk food into the house. I try not to judge (we have issues about this already) but it is hard to see her eat pancakes and cupcakes and food that I know with our genetic history (diabetes, heart attacks, stroke) could kill her. I feel if I "ban" this food she'll just sneak (or not stay home) and it will make it worse. We went shopping to one of her favorite stores and I sat in another dressing room. I usually stay in hers but I wanted to give her privacy; but then they needed the booth. When I came into hers, I will admit: it was sad to see a young woman, my girl, in such bad shape. I didn't say anything; she knew. And I know it only gets harder. And it limits her, sad to say, in finding boyfriends; for all I know, it will limit her in other ways. We all know this is not a fat loving or even self loving society. I pray for her that she will love herself enough to take care of herself. I am more than willing to help but it seems she is rebelling against me (she knows I have had issues, been on many diets etc.) I am trying to model good behavior and it is not hard because I know with the better I eat, the better I feel. I want my daughter to love herself and yet I want her to change.

I have a friend who had to put her son, who she just discovered is a heroin junky, in rehab before Xmas. I feel like my daughter is a different kind of addict and while I am not equating the two, I worry for her, just as I am sad for my friend, her son and the family.

Sorry to be a bummer!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by canary52; 12-27-2012 at 03:54 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:54 AM
FitDay Member

Today's menu:

Brunch: tuna salad and fresh spinach on a low carb tortilla, a couple strawberries
Dinner: low carb chicken and veggie pasta, tossed salad
Snacks: almonds, low carb protein shakes, flaxmeal muffin
Old 12-27-2012, 03:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Hope, I think you're doing a GREAT job. Your "excuses" look like pretty valid "reasons" in my eyes, but you have to view them as accurately as you can. I applaud you for that--you have way more resolve than I do. Big hug to ya. Your food today looks really nutritious.
Mern, I pulled my back out two weeks ago and have been in a lot of pain since. I had two acupuncture treatments (one usually works) and I might have a third. I joke that I am a "yoga victim" because I think that's what kicked this off. Thanks for your support. I am here because I want to be. I want to work through this.

And speaking of great meal plans, yours looks yummy AND nutritious!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 04:01 AM
FitDay Member

Aw, Hope. I'm so sorry for your pain with your daughter's food issues. I hope that the dressing room mirror gave testimony to DD about your concerns for her health. I know as a parent how hard it is to get through to kids who don't seem to understand--they just don't worry about the future as we do. Big cyberhug to ya.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:09 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, so sorry you pulled your back out again. I do know how painful that is. I've had it easy with the back pain the past several weeks. (Knock on wood!) I know you will do your best on your exercise, tapering it to your needs and abilities with the back injury. I hope your acupuncture will do the trick soon!
Old 12-27-2012, 04:28 AM
Super Moderator

Hi all, I'm back, hopefully for good.

This past month really socked it to me, work-wise, and then all the dominoes fell with respect to everything else. The week before Christmas I was sleeping about 4 hours a night and I did nothing but put out the biggest fire at the time, so posting and logging dropped off. Choices weren't great, but I'm turning them around as of today. My son just had his wisdom teeth out this AM, so for the past week or so we've been on a tour of his favorite foods, both out and homemade. But that is behind me now and I'm trying to regroup mentally and physically. I am so glad you all are here and I give you major kudos for keeping up with it over the holiday.

Hope, I want to give you a hug after that post about your DD. It is so hard to feel helpless as a mom, and we wish we could give them our knowledge without them having to learn the hard way, but it doesn't always work. I think you have done everything you could, though...you are there with knowledge and help if she needs it, but you can't do it for her and you can't push her, either, or it very well may have a worse outcome. Just as we all come to the decision to make changes on our own, so will she.

Going to run to the pharmacy to pick up the happy drugs for the boy; I'll catch up with the rest of you soon. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday, whichever one you celebrated!
Old 12-27-2012, 09:36 AM
FitDay Member

Aw, Hope. I'm so sorry for your pain with your daughter's food issues. I hope that the dressing room mirror gave testimony to DD about your concerns for her health. I know as a parent how hard it is to get through to kids who don't seem to understand--they just don't worry about the future as we do. Big cyberhug to ya.
Mern, there is hope. Last night she ate the steak and broccoli dinner with me (and who knows how many cupcakes throughout the day but...) Today she ate the egg white, lean bacon breakfast and less cupcakes. There was even some talk of the gym. So fingers crossed.

Last edited by canary52; 12-27-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:38 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, so sorry you pulled your back out again. I do know how painful that is. I've had it easy with the back pain the past several weeks. (Knock on wood!) I know you will do your best on your exercise, tapering it to your needs and abilities with the back injury. I hope your acupuncture will do the trick soon!
You know, Mern, I think it might be helping. Today I felt better than I have in a while, well enough to stretch and I am hoping to get back to the gym to do some VERY VERY MELLOW exercise. No more yoga just yet. Lol, no more stretchy mama stuff till I can walk!!!

Last edited by canary52; 12-27-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:42 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, good luck with your son. Those wisdom teeth are a bear. You're such a good Mom! And now you will take care of you and we will be here to help.

With DD, she knows how I feel. I have learned with this child, backing off a bit is better. I think she will come to me and I hope I can keep it short and sweet (I tend to go on) and that she can benefit from some of my hard learned lessons. But yeah she has to learn her own lessons her own way.

Sorry to complain, all!!! Like all of you, I am working on making things better as best I can and trying not to stress about the rest. What is that serenity prayer? Change what I can, accept what I can't and the wisdom to know the difference. Yeah.

So Mikey Mike, where are you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.