FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread 12/17/12 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/8761-7-day-motivational-thread-12-17-12-a.html)

canary52 12-19-2012 10:45 PM

Plan:
almond milk protein shake
grilled chicken
squash
fish
veg
Snacks
orange
nuts
goat cheese

dmartz 12-20-2012 12:54 AM

Well, I've got a report on the goal 'Do something this week I've never done before.' When I wrote this goal I thought it would help me be a little more creative. Although I didn't know what the 'something' was at the time, I envisioned something along the lines of paint a canvas, or cook a souffle'. As it turns out, the thing I've never done before was shred two tires on the left side of my car! Not what I had in mind for this week. Anyway, no one was hurt. I hit a chunk of concrete, pulled of the road without incident, and had the car towed home. Greatly recommend AAA for their discounts and great towing service, BTW. So, today I'll be doing something I haven't done since I was much younger - calling junk yards. I'm looking for a replacement OEM rim for my car. But at least I've been feeling more melancholy and/or ironically amused than grumpy. I can always try for a second round of this goal in the future!

As for the rest of the goals:
  • Cholesterol < 225: 163, 228, 162
  • Exercise > 40 mins 3x: 45, 50, 0
  • Calories: 1547, 1503, 1230
- Donna

dmartz 12-20-2012 01:31 AM

Ama: I hate treadmills, too! Like your jumping jack plan though. It you get bored with the jacks, you might consider adding the old ski exercise of jumping laterally across an imaginary line, w/ a little knee bend. (It's harder than it sounds.) I got bored with the gym, so now I do my workouts at home, which means I actually do them.

& Maybe 'something I've never done before' should be - Eat Kefir.
I adore baked acorn squash.

Krystal, salmon on steamed veggies looks yummy.

Hope, Sorry to hear about your yoga exasperation. I've read that yoga has been the leading cause of visits to orthopedists lately. There will likely be a new uptick in cases after the first of the year, so you are ahead of the curve!

Looking forward to this thread moving out of the "women's" corner - maybe the men will come back.

- Donna

canary52 12-20-2012 04:31 AM

Donna, so sorry to hear about your tire experience!!! I actually shredded two tires my first day of driving (I have skills lol.) Hopefully it will get resolved without too much more aggravation.

I gave up yoga years ago due to back stuff (so I was waaaaayyyyy ahead of the curve)but I thought if I was careful... maybe like you guys, gotta make up my own routine.

I miss the guys and others; the thread is quiet due to holidays I'm sure. Hopefully it will pick up as we all make our resolutions... which is just another way of saying motivational goals.

jjrudd 12-20-2012 09:04 AM

Can't believe tomorrow is Fri already!
Haven't done very well with goals this week. Been eating too many carbs but have been drinking more water. Had time to journal today--makes me feel less stressed. Even had a little time to exercise today too!

Jennifer

canary52 12-20-2012 03:32 PM

1) Plan meals -yes, yes, yes, yes
2) stick close to plan- no ate more DH surprised us with amazing dinner seafood so not bad but I did have a big slice of garlic bread yes actually might have eaten less than planned prettty close no, friends invited us over to dinner
3) under 1500 calories -1535 1318, 1338 1535
4) 6 glasses of water - 5?, 8,6 5?
5) stretch -yes, yes, yes, yes
6) write -yes finished and sent out now onward, YES no, DD and I edited a piece together; she's good!

It doesn't quite feel like the holidays this year, don't know if anyone else has noticed this. In some ways it is good because I didn't go overboard as I usually do. But sometimes I like going a little overboard.

My progress this week has been kind of back and forth but I think I'm doing OK.

canary52 12-20-2012 03:36 PM

Plan:
muesli and almond milk
eggs or tuna
chicken
orange
nuts
chips (poker night)

I must go shopping I have no veg and very little fruit so this might change if I do shop

jjrudd 12-21-2012 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 93258)
1) It doesn't quite feel like the holidays this year, don't know if anyone else has noticed this. In some ways it is good because I didn't go overboard as I usually do. But sometimes I like going a little overboard.

Hope, I have noticed this in myself. I'm definetely grumpier this year.
For me I'm finding it too commercialized...so much emphasis on how many presents one has under the tree. It seems everyone I know buys on credit so they can buy the perfect gift. Plus people aren't sending out as many cards anymore--a way to keep in touch.

Jenn

amalthea1892 12-21-2012 03:54 AM

Goals
Water: Y, can't remember for the rest of the week...
Tea: Y, Y, N, N
Vitamin: N, Y, N, Y
Gym 2x: Tue
Bump up the fruits/veggies: Y, N, Y, N
Scale back the carb-filled goodies: Y, N, N, N
Work 30hrs: 22.5 so far as of Thursday pm
Relax: Not really

amalthea1892 12-21-2012 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by dmartz (Post 93232)
Ama: I hate treadmills, too! Like your jumping jack plan though. It you get bored with the jacks, you might consider adding the old ski exercise of jumping laterally across an imaginary line, w/ a little knee bend. (It's harder than it sounds.) I got bored with the gym, so now I do my workouts at home, which means I actually do them.

Thanks for the idea! I am so sore from the first power jumping jack work-out that I have not done it again yet this week. Maybe this afternoon, and I'll definately work in the ski exercises!