Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/10/12

Old 12-10-2012, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Welcome, 4Jim!

Glad that you'll be joining us! Ah, yes... Karma is my friend. I'm a non-confrontational, quiet, nurturer who has enlisted the help of Karma to do my "dirty work" for years and she has never let me down. Glad to hear that your life is in a great place right now. Mind, body, soul, healthy eating, healthy mind... it's all so intertwined, isn't it? There are several of us here who have been at this for several years, but take a "leave of absence" every so often (as I have recently). But, luckily, we make our way back to our friends who share our love/hate relationship with food. Lately, I've been loving it a bit too much. lol

Speaking of friends, where's Mr. Sonic?? lol Sure! He drags me back from my face stuffing only to disappear! Hey, Mister... If my butt has to climb back on the wagon, I'm dragging yours with!!
quinniepoo, I'm here. Mondays are usually rough because I have pool league after work. Today was playoffs so I was home for maybe 30 minutes after work, then I was gone again until almost 11 pm. Don't fret, I'm here right by your side hun.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:19 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) plan meals -yes
2) stick close to plan - ate much less
3) 1600 cal max -860
4) drink 6 glasses water minimum - 5 or 6
5) stretch every day -no
6) get back into exercise reasonably- no
7) don't overdo -yes
8) let go of anger - no
9) meditate -no
10) write -yes
11) don't be a self (or any other kind of) hater -no
12) don't answer phone or spend too much time online till I get work done - no but this will be one I will try and follow

Not a great start. I lost a couple more pounds but I get the feeling it won't stick cause it is hard for me to maintain such low calories. I just get too hungry!!!

Welcome back, Mike. I knew Quinn could get ya. I find your stories very interesting; wondering who you are chanelling there. I didn't know that about your mom. Powerful energy in that house, I think.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:22 AM
FitDay Member

Please excuse me if my food lists are boring but they do help.

Meal plans:
Breakfast
egg white, ham and mushrooms
Lunch
salad with ham, cheese and veggies and no cal sf balsamic dressing
Dinner
fish (salmon?)
broccoli
Snacks:
chicken (yeah I know)
nuts
apple or other fruit
Old 12-11-2012, 01:13 AM
FitDay Member

Oh Hope, I don't like the no's beside letting go of anger and self-hate. I hope today you can have a yes beside both of those!!

Jenn
Old 12-11-2012, 01:44 AM
Super Moderator

Hope, yeah she died back in '98. For the longest time, my GF and I kept what was going on from the kids because we didn't want to spook them. Then it spooked us when THEY started talking about it one day. I guess deep down we were trying not to believe what was going on and didn't want to corrupt their thinking. Nothing crazy has happened (like you see in movies, like the house shaking, etc), but there is definitely something not normal going on.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:45 AM
FitDay Member

Goals
Lots of water: Y
1 cup tea/day (green or earl grey): Y
Limit processed foods: Y
Be mindful of portion sizes: Y
Multi-Vitamin/day: N, Y
Exercise at gym x2/week: N
Exercise at home x2/week: N

I am at my kitchen counter (working on my laptop) and there is a box of peanut butter cookies staring at me... DH bought them for a fishing trip today, but just took a handful with him so the remainder are here! 170 cals for just 1! I think I'll pass But can't say it is easy...

Ama
5’6”
40yo
5lbs to new goal:
Old 12-11-2012, 02:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Thanks for noticing (me being gone.) I wish I could maintain a pescetarian (love that word) or vegetarian lifetstyle but for health reasons, low carb works best for me and I get bored easily. And am frankly lazy about vegetables. Yeah I said it. I am lazy about veggies, cutting them up, cooking em, etc, even peeling a cuke. I like veggies I do but I am alas an omnivore and a recovering carboholic (and if sugar isn't a drug, I don't know what is. I recently saw a bumper sticker that said Sugar: The Gateway Drug.)
Well how could I not?? Even in the few short weeks I've been here, you have been such a positive and wonderfully kind person! I am loving getting to know everyone here

As for cutting up veggies? Omgosh, I can't stand it! My Christmas gift this year was given to me early - it's a food processor! This makes my life soo much easier, and I find cooking a lot more fun now with less prep work to not worry about!
Old 12-11-2012, 04:07 AM
FitDay Member

I know what you mean Ama. Mom bought an apple pie (a while ago) and it was 300 calories for 1/8 of the pie--and it wasn't that big to begin with. That turned me right off having a piece!

TREE IS UP!! It's not decorated but it's no fun doing that alone and my Mom has gone to church dinner.
Jenn
Old 12-11-2012, 04:16 AM
Super Moderator

congrats Jenn on getting your tree up!
Old 12-11-2012, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
quinniepoo, I'm here. Mondays are usually rough because I have pool league after work. Today was playoffs so I was home for maybe 30 minutes after work, then I was gone again until almost 11 pm. Don't fret, I'm here right by your side hun.
Ok... you get a pass. Now, lose the Pop Tarts and chew on an apple or something! (Oh, an apple smeared with peanut butter... now that sounds pretty good! ) One of my favorite snacks lately has been a Granny Smith apple dipped in caramel Greek yogurt.

I shouldn't tease you because I made 8 dozen cookies in the past 2 days and MAY have tried a couple, for quality control, of course.

Will probably do 3-4 more dozen this afternoon... We had 5" of snow on Monday, so it was nice to stay home and mess around in the kitchen, my favorite place to be.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.