veg omelet wrap
Dinner:
salmon (had swordfish Thurs)
squash (had mushrooms Thurs)
Snacks
apple or cantaloupe
lox
nuts
will try to resist the potato pancakes at the temple service but will figure in 3

Other Plan:
stretch
yoga dance class or yoga
meditate
WRITE
Spanish
Chanukah light ceremony at temple (we bring in our menorahs and light the candles and turn out the temple lights - pretty)
Old 12-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

1. Check in daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Log everything. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Exercise when I can. That has not happened.
4. Get on the scale by the end of the week. Yes
5. Make smart, clean food choices (aka spend calories wisely). Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

The past two days I've gotten home at 7, hungry, aka Danger-Will-Robinson territory, but got through both evenings successfully and kept calories low, a big change for me. Tomorrow I'm working at home; it will be good to slow it down a bit and get caught up. My motto, as I've said before, "Working at home means you can take conference calls without pants."
Old 12-14-2012, 12:46 AM
FitDay Member

Ugh, that evil cold is trying to get at me again! Not going to let it ruin my mood or day. Lots of green tea to stay warm and keeping a slower pace at work. Probably going to work on some brochures...

Update!

1) Keep calories under 1900/day: Y, Y, N, Y
2) Walk with dog at least five days: N, Y, N, N
3) Work out at least three days: Y, N, N, N
4) Stretch: Y, Y, Y, Y
5) Meditate before bed: Y, Y, Y, N
6) Stay Positive!: Y, Y, Y, Y/N
7) Work on Christmas gifts: N, N, N, N
Old 12-14-2012, 01:57 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn - that's awesome that you're staying on track through the holidays so far. You can keep it up!

Cassie - that's great about not snacking/going crazy after getting home and night and being super hungry. That's the worst time of day for me.

I had another good day yesterday, for the most part. Did another walk, and kept my calories pretty decent. I went to a midnight showing of The Hobbit, and I did eat some popcorn, but my calories before midnight were about 900, so there was no way I was going to make it through a 3 hour movie without eating, and it was kind of a planned cheat anyway.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the welcome back from everyone.

Mike: Computer problems are the most frustrating. (I should know since I work in IT, lol). I really hate it when I am trying to get something done and the computer won't cooperate. At least it takes your mind off the ghosts.

Joanna: How was the movie? Way to go planning for the popcorn!

Cassie: My worst time is between getting home and sitting down to dinner. I could stuff every bad type of food (that I'm usually not tempted by) in my mouth during that time. I try to stave it off with a glass of water now.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:51 AM
FitDay Member

1) Join fitday. Y
2) Walk to the new gym that is opening in Jan. and sign up. walk, no. joined, yes!
3) Log log log. Food, exercise, mood, hydration. argh. a stuttering work in progress.
4) Go to a Lifering (sober living) meeting and keep away from the cosmopolitans. to-do.
5) Join an online group that will help keep me motivated and accountable.yesh!

I love what you all are saying about calories turning you off the pie, etc. Keeping a log is depressingly enlightening. I put in hash browns and egg on my log -- yay, calories no big deal. Then came the tblsp of canola oil. "Bad smeagle! Bad smeagle! poach that egg! use pam!" It's like 120 calories of whyyyyyy???
Old 12-14-2012, 10:40 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie I love line about the conference call without pants, made me laugh.

Joanna you did great. What is a movie without popcorn, I ask? Ron, I sometimes go for the popcorn too!!!!

I want you all to know I was soooooooo in the mood for pizza and I resisted. Just saying. (And I resisted cause I knew it might make me feel like crap physically so I ate something else, a little weird but lower carb and not full of stuff I'm allergic to. 2 small turkey breakfast sausages and the some good guacamole with baby carrots.) AND I went to yoga/dance. Bragging on me, yeah... Now if I can just get past the potato pancakes and donuts...
Old 12-14-2012, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

Hope, I've actually done it. Not planned, but there you have it.

1. Check in daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Log everything. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Exercise when I can. That has not happened.
4. Get on the scale by the end of the week. Yes
5. Make smart, clean food choices (aka spend calories wisely). Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Almost...snuck a few cookies . Calories okay, just could have made a healthier choice.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

Calories were okay yesterday - a little higher than I was aiming for, but that's because I got struck with a couple of low blood sugars, and one was late in the evening, which led to a little mini binge. I was still under 1500 for the day, but I was hoping for lower. It's okay though. I'm looking forward to relaxing a bit this weekend, after my busy week. I still have stuff to do before Monday, and I should probably clean the apartment a bit, but I'm not feeling the weight of it, if you all know what I mean. Anyway, hope everyone's weekend is off to a good start!
Old 12-15-2012, 03:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default M-F

Hope, Cassie, Joanne and everyone seems to be doing so well. Me I succumbed to the party spirit(s) big time. Time to get back on track!
  • Exercise > 30 mins: 45, 0, 45, 50, 0,
  • Cholesterol < 250 : 113, 164, 237, 316, 402
  • Calories: 1255, 1872, 1808, 2167, 1652
  • Protein g: 53, 39, 92, 134, 113
  • Fat % : 32, 48, 37, 29, 37
Still haven't got that cholesterol thing figured out.

- Donna

Last edited by dmartz; 12-15-2012 at 09:50 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.