Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread 12/3/2012  Let's make this our best week this year. >

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/3/2012 Let's make this our best week this year.

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/3/2012 Let's make this our best week this year.

Old 12-06-2012, 02:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Quinn, I hate that you're struggling, too, but maybe having you on here being accountable will kick my tuckus back into gear. I have been wracking my brain as well to figure out what the problem is .
Agreed... We can't let 2 years of work go to waste. I have made myself a promise that I will weigh in every single day, right through the holidays, for self-awareness. And, I will be checking in here, my form of Food AA... lol. Looking forward to getting to know all of the new faces!

Yesterday, I was much more aware of my poor food choices and mindless snacking here and there. Baby steps. One thing that has been a HUGE problem for me is planning evening meals for 2 since my daughter left for school. I was much more conscience of putting on a nutritious meal when I still had a child at home. Now, we seem to eat out a lot or just grab whatever is easy... not a great plan for health.

I have several routine medical appointments in January and I refuse to have tests done in the current shape that I'm in. It will be tough to be strict over Christmas, but I brought this on myself with too many indulgences.

Going to go back over recent posts and see what's been going on with everyone...

Mern, I see that you're doing some kitchen remodeling... What kind of things are you doing? A kitchen is always a tough remodel, but always well worth it in the end.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, I found the recipe for the mocha flaxmeal muffins. Is it ok to make them without the protein powder? My Mom dropped me off to get groceries this morning while she went to another store and came back. Means I can throw in the healthy food that she wouldn't know about I also found spaghetti squash. Can someone remind me who posted the recipe--I think it was Augratin?

I love being able to get recipes online!
Jennifer
Old 12-06-2012, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

I did well yesterday right up until the birthday party I went to. Let's just say there was cake and ice cream and potato chips involved. I'm not even a cake person in general. I am definitely a potato chip person. I really can't have just one

Anywho, in for another day. My biggest goal this week is working on calories. It's amazing how difficult it is to convince myself I don't need to eat. It's totally emotional. Yeah, and when did eating crap really make me feel any better?
Old 12-06-2012, 08:10 AM
FitDay Member

I have to catch up with all of you later. Happy to report I'm down three pounds this week.

Quinn! Welcome home, girl! Two owners before us flipped houses and they did a shoddy job turning the garage into a larger kitchen. Our remodeling was a new drywall ceiling, new back wall, removing the wallcovering and painting the room. No new appliances or countertops or anything like that.

I am so tickled. After we fired our kitchen contractor, one of his best workers quit to start his own business. Knowing we had fired his boss, he came to our house to see if we wanted him to finish the job for us. He has only about an hour's worth of trim work left and it'll be completely done. It's just a new ceiling, new back wall, and paint job, but it looks great.

Jenn, thanks so much for your empathy over my kitchen. I got all keyed up and then kept telling myself "It's only a room! I have so many blessings to count! " My heart went out to you over the loss of your twin and the following Christmas being ruined with your Mom recuperating from surgery, bro being sick, and Dad falling asleep in the chair. How old were you when your twin passed away? My older sister passed away in 2005 and it still doesn't seem like she should be gone--I had just always expected we would get old together. But I believe she's happy in Heaven and can hear me when I talk to her. I take a lot of comfort in that. I don't know about leaving the protein powder out of the chocolate mocha muffin recipe as it is used for both body and sweetness. We have so many great cooks here. Maybe someone can think of a suitable substitute?

Ama, yeah I DID get all Tiger Mama on the kitchen contractor. Lucky I didn't have that whip I threaten Mike with. LOL

Cassie, thanks for the hug over my "kitchen distress." I need that and it helped.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:38 AM
FitDay Member

Guys, I just came soooo close to bingeing on chocolate-covered pretzels, and I totally stopped myself. It was visceral, though. Like, I was walking down the stairs to go to the store across the way, and I just stood at the top of the stairs forcing myself to think about how much I really wanted them, and if they would make me happy, and how much better I would feel if I didn't eat them. If anyone had walked by, they'd likely have though I was crazy, just standing there awkwardly for like 3 minutes. I decided I didn't need them and would feel crappy if I ate them, and settled on a basic coffee instead. I probably didn't need that either, but I'm okay with it.

Mern: glad your kitchen is turning out! And uber congrats on the 3 lbs - extra motivating!
Old 12-06-2012, 11:19 AM
FitDay Member

Just a quick check-in. Goals? Did I make goals this week? I wonder what page they are on...

I feel pretty crappy so far this week. And not because of food - doing pretty well in that department because I have not had much time to eat. Yesterday I had to drive 6 hrs round trip to sit in a 2 hour meeting. I only ate 1 bagel and a pack of raising until dinner time. Dinner was soup and rice. Today I had to sit in a training class all day, unless I was doing CPR on a dummy on the floor (required to get my CPR/AED certification). My butt hurts from the sitting. My wrists hurt from doing chest compressions (the instructor was determined that the dummy got good blood circulation!). My lower back is killing me (TOTM), and I have a sore throat.

Okay - I am done whining! Tomorrow is my day off! YAY! I have a few hours of catch-up work to do, but can do it at home on my laptop. As far as food goes... DH wants pizza and Nyquil for dinner tonight (we're both getting sick). So my plan is to at least limit the #of slices, drink plenty of water and go to bed early. And I plan to enjoy a nice sunny day outside tomorrow playing with my DS.

Ama
Old 12-06-2012, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Default and the dancing banana goes to......

Originally Posted by jjrudd
GOALS
1. Try to keep carbs and protein in check Mon--Carbs NO protein yes, Tues--same Wed--YES 140/60
2. Drink 6 glasses of water a day--at least Mon--Got too busy and forgot Tues--same Wed-went to play so no afternoon water
3. Exercise Mon I was cleaning so burned some calories, Tues NO Wed NO
4. Before going grocery shopping (which is Thurs) write out list and work out meal plan for week. oh better do that!!

Personal
1. Finish Christmas cards not yet--but wrapped 2 presents this morning
2. Empty fridge and clean not yet
3. Tidy downstairs YES and cleaned kitchen
4. Put up tree??

Jenn
Jenn it looks like you are having a tough week but I comment you for sticking in it and posting up. I need to take lessons from you.

Originally Posted by blkblueanimegrl
Hokay, sadly this has been a not-so-good week with keeping up with goals, but it's only halfway and I still have half a week to turn it around! Stayed home sick today though, so the exercise/eating thing just isn't like it should be, but trying my best to eat homemade stuff.

1) Drink more water, try for three bottles a day: M - 1.5, T - 2, W - only half so far, need to force it down though
2) Walk at least five days with my dog: M - Yes!, T - No, W - No; sick
3) Watch my carb intake and keep count on it: NO! But I have been focusing on my studies with a final due this weekend, so I am more interested in my financial numbers and not these ones (bad! I know!)
4) Eat less nuts - cut back to a couple times a week and not everyday: M - Had almond butter, T - None!, W - None!
5) Exercise - Zumba, yoga, weight training, cardio, anything!: This has been a bust so far this week
6) Stretch: Another bust so far this week
7) STAY POSITIVE!: M - Yes, T - Yes, W - ehhhhh, not really
8) Practice meditating before bed: M - No, T - No, W - I NEED to
That's the right attitude!
Originally Posted by quinnesec
Hey Everyone!

I'm apparently in the same boat as Cassie... No matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to get my healthful eating act together for a whole bunch of reasons, too numerous to go into here. A partial list includes celebratory eating, stress eating, eating caused by life changes, blah, blah, blah...

This week, after seeing a horrifying number on the scale (before all of the Christmas eating and partying even begins...) I have decided to get my act together in baby steps. Instead of starting off logging daily (and probably failing) I'm going to just settle for being proud of every single thing that I eat. That should eliminate many of the holiday goodies that I can't seem to stay away from this year.

Also, like Cassie, I am going to check in daily as a reminder of what I know that I need to do. Have to do some soul searching and figure out why I'm letting my hard work slip away...

Looking forward to catching up with everyone!
I feel your pain Quinniepoo! So how about a 10 pounds for $10 bet? No over or under and no spread, 1st to it wins!

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Quinn, I hate that you're struggling, too, but maybe having you on here being accountable will kick my tuckus back into gear. I have been wracking my brain as well to figure out what the problem is .

Quick check in; I'm totally ready to crash.

1. Check in and post daily. Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Log everything! Yes, Yes, Yes
3. No trigger foods! None, Whoops, None

Good on the food today. Still didn't find time to exercise.
What are your trigger foods?

Originally Posted by dmartz
  • Calories < 1600: 1497, 1645, 1338
  • Protein > 50g: 104, 101, 71
  • Fats < 30%: 38, 39, 36
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 281, 283, 186(!)
  • Exercise minutes: 65, 0, 15
  • I am Thankful For: Good Friends, My Health, Mental Acumen
Too Much Caffeine !!!
Great job! You're killing your calorie and protein goal. I know you missed it on fats, but some fats are good for you.

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Agreed... We can't let 2 years of work go to waste. I have made myself a promise that I will weigh in every single day, right through the holidays, for self-awareness. And, I will be checking in here, my form of Food AA... lol. Looking forward to getting to know all of the new faces!

Yesterday, I was much more aware of my poor food choices and mindless snacking here and there. Baby steps. One thing that has been a HUGE problem for me is planning evening meals for 2 since my daughter left for school. I was much more conscience of putting on a nutritious meal when I still had a child at home. Now, we seem to eat out a lot or just grab whatever is easy... not a great plan for health.

I have several routine medical appointments in January and I refuse to have tests done in the current shape that I'm in. It will be tough to be strict over Christmas, but I brought this on myself with too many indulgences.

Going to go back over recent posts and see what's been going on with everyone...
Quinniepoo, haven't you learned by now to not blame it on your daughter for moving out? Blame it on Tori!!!! Somewhere down the line, the blame falls solely in her lap!

Originally Posted by bojibridge
I did well yesterday right up until the birthday party I went to. Let's just say there was cake and ice cream and potato chips involved. I'm not even a cake person in general. I am definitely a potato chip person. I really can't have just one

Anywho, in for another day. My biggest goal this week is working on calories. It's amazing how difficult it is to convince myself I don't need to eat. It's totally emotional. Yeah, and when did eating crap really make me feel any better?
Amen sister, amen!

Originally Posted by Mern
I have to catch up with all of you later. Happy to report I'm down three pounds this week.

Originally Posted by Mern
I am so tickled. After we fired our kitchen contractor, one of his best workers quit to start his own business. Knowing we had fired his boss, he came to our house to see if we wanted him to finish the job for us. He has only about an hour's worth of trim work left and it'll be completely done. It's just a new ceiling, new back wall, and paint job, but it looks great.
Awesome news!
Old 12-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

I will hopefully catch up on everyone's happenings this weekend. It has been a busy work week and I haven't been on as much as I would like, but I am checking in daily as I promised myself. I am falling asleep as I type...zzzz. Again no time for exercise, but it will come, and my calories were spot on today despite getting home at 7 and cheating with delivery pizza for dinner.

1. Check in and post daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Log everything! Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. No trigger foods! None, Whoops, None, None
Old 12-07-2012, 12:56 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I'm doing well with eating less and not having as much nuts. I'm keeping track of my unsaturated fat intake and am still making sure I have waaay more for those than saturated. I still need to get more protein into my diet to make it more rounded. Thankfully I have been staying under 1900 calories (except yesterday was a little over 2000)! So, even though the week isn't turning out the way I had hoped, there is still good happening (I'm trying to stay positive!!)

1) Drink more water, try for three bottles a day: M - 1.5, T - 2, W - 0.5, Th - 2 (including tea), F - 2.5, so far all tea
2) Walk at least five days with my dog: M - Yes!, T - No, W - No; sick, Th - Yes, just slower because I'm still under the weather, F - hopefully
3) Watch my carb intake and keep count on it: NO! But I have been focusing on my studies with a final due this weekend, so I am more interested in my financial numbers and not these ones (bad! I know!)
4) Eat less nuts - cut back to a couple times a week and not everyday: M - Had almond butter, T - None!, W - None!, Th - Had pumpkin seeds, F - none so far
5) Exercise - Zumba, yoga, weight training, cardio, anything!: Still a no, but at least I am walking
6) Stretch: Not really...but I do small stretches throughout the day
7) STAY POSITIVE!: M - Yes, T - Yes, W - ehhhhh, not really, Th - Somewhat, F - Somewhat
8) Practice meditating before bed: M - No, T - No, W - No, Th - No, F - ???
Old 12-07-2012, 01:17 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning, All!

Quinn, reporting for duty... or accountability... or something...

Did great again yesterday. I'm really determined to stick with it through the holidays, which is something that I HAVEN'T done in 2 years. It would be awesome to go into the new year without having to repair any of the previous year's damage.

Lots and lots to do today, grocery shopping, errands, holiday stuff. So, today's goal is to stuff my purse with small, healthy stuff so that when I skip lunch (...which I will) I'll be prepared and not get over hungry for dinner out tonight (broiled fish, already planned).

Mern, Thanks for the welcome back! I'm envious of your kitchen remodel. I've been playing with the idea of a new refrigerator and counter tops, but I'll have to see what this semesters tuition bill and income tax refund (fingers crossed) brings.

Cassie, Your life is as busy as ever, I see! Don't forget that your own health, both mental and physical, come first and then others. What's the old flight attendant saying... "Apply your own oxygen mask before assisting others". lol I wish that I taken that advice more.

And my little Cupcake,... or should I start calling you "King Cake"?? LOL But, it's so easy to blame everyone else but myself! Truthfully, the reason that my weight is up is because I physically crashed this fall and became entirely self-indulgent and lazy. Probably necessary, but now that I'm feeling pretty rested, it's time to get back on the horse. It's weird being an empty nester... I miss her like crazy but then dread the wet towels and worrying about her out at night when she's home. Thanksgiving went well, but an entire month over Christmas will be the true test. We both have begun to prize our independence from each other, which is as it should be.

As far as the bet, I'm probably the least competitive person you'll ever meet. lol I'll leave the competitions up to you and Tori. But I will make you this promise... I WILL be back to my preferred weight by December 24th... guaranteed! I may not be competitive, but I'm headstrong and stubborn!! (Not to mention mad at myself!)

Off to Wallyworld... have a great day, all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.