Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread 12/3/2012  Let's make this our best week this year. >

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/3/2012 Let's make this our best week this year.

Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/3/2012 Let's make this our best week this year.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:35 PM
FitDay Member

GOALS
1. Try to keep carbs and protein in check Carbs NOprotein yes
2. Drink 6 glasses of water a day--at least Got too busy and forgot
3. Exercise was cleaning so burned some calories
4. Before going grocery shopping (which is Thurs) write out list and work out meal plan for week.

Personal
1. Finish Christmas cards not yet
2. Empty fridge and clean not yet
3. Tidy downstairs YES and cleaned kitchen
4. Put up tree??
Old 12-04-2012, 12:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
[...]
There aren't many places that do king cakes year round [ rightly so!] so when you find a king cake... you get it while you can. [...]
If it makes you feel any better, it wasn't that great.
It likely wasn't that good because it was un-seasonal. Sort of like walking into a Christmas store when it's 100 degrees outside. King cake season starts in January.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default Mon

• Calories < 1600: 1497
  • Protein > 50g: 104
  • Fats < 30%: 38,
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 281
  • Exercise minutes: 65 + 1 hr. raking leaves
  • I am Thankful For: Good Friends
Was full of energy on Monday!
Old 12-04-2012, 01:44 AM
FitDay Member

I won't be online today. I fired our contractor today, I'm all keyed up, and the kitchen is still all torn up. I am not in a good mood.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:45 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dmartz
It likely wasn't that good because it was un-seasonal. Sort of like walking into a Christmas store when it's 100 degrees outside. King cake season starts in January.
I'm guessing you are playing around, so I'll play along.

Is that what it is? I was think it was because they didn't have the filling that I wanted. So is the season based in date or weather. I thought it was Christmas season but it's been warm and getting worse. This weekend it's supposed to be up to 76*. Recently we had it in the 80's for Christmas.

So I guess the "Christmas" part was okay, the "king cake" part was not. So how about this... I had a Christmas cinnamon roll... nope, I got it, it was a Christmas cinnamon ring!

So I shouldn't call it a king cake because it's not king cake season? Crawfish "season" doesn't start until the Spring, but if I boil up a sack of them in February am I not having a crawfish boil? Down here, deer season (for guns) starts Nov. 10, if somebody shoots something that looks like Bambi on Nov 1st, did they not shoot a deer?

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-04-2012 at 02:10 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:49 AM
FitDay Member

Default Rrrr

Originally Posted by Mern
I won't be online today. I fired our contractor today, I'm all keyed up, and the kitchen is still all torn up. I am not in a good mood.
Sorry to hear this Mern, not nice 3 weeks before Christmas.
I think the season is stressful enough without adding more. I remember the Christmas after my twin died, my Mom came home from having surgery on Dec. 23, my brother was sick and my Dad fell asleep in the chair. Yep, good times.

Jenn
Old 12-04-2012, 07:32 AM
FitDay Member

Another missing member checking in. Life has been hectic with work, Thanksgiving and my Firearms business. Haven't logged my food or been to the gym in over a week. Hit a record low for weight the day before Thanksgiving, 218 pounds!! Bounced back up a couple pounds from Thanksgiving which I had expected. Had a gun show this weekend and was on my feet for 8 hours both Saturday and Sunday. Weighed again this morning, after eating a small amount of cake and ice cream for my grandaughter's 3rd birthday, and hit another low of 217.4 pounds!!!

My only goal for the week is to eat sensibly.

I have no illusions of getting to the gym with my schedule. Hope everyone else is resisting the Holiday foods that are always so plentiful this time of year.

Mike;
Hope you're not eating that Christmas Cake (or whatever you decided to call it) by yourself?
Old 12-04-2012, 08:15 AM
FitDay Member

My Goals
Take Vitamin: Y
Log food: Mostly, So far Y
Some form of exercise every day: Stretching, Gym
Be mindful of portion sizes: Y, Trying hard!
Get 75% done with Christmas shopping: N
Finish and mail family Christmas cards: N

Mike and Donna - You both have good points about the cake thing... but... if it had cream cheese filling I would enjoy every bit of it, any time any day! LOL

Mern - Way to go gettin all Tiger Mama on that guy! Nobody messes with you and your home and gets away with it! But seriously... so sorry it did not work out the way you had hoped.

Ama
5’6”, 40 yo

Week of December 3rd: 5lbs to Goal, 4.4 to Goal
Old 12-04-2012, 09:10 AM
FitDay Member

I'm here! Yesterday was pretty good. Today is going well so far. My family checked in for our first week weigh-in. Everyone lost about 4 lbs (probably a lot of extra water weight and whatnot from Thanksgiving) except me, who lost 0.4 lbs, but it's more than I deserved, after last week. I'm hoping for a good week this week.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:55 AM
FitDay Member

GOALS
1. Try to keep carbs and protein in check Mon--Carbs NO protein yes, Tues--same
2. Drink 6 glasses of water a day--at least Mon--Got too busy and forgot Tues--same
3. Exercise Mon I was cleaning so burned some calories, Tues NO
4. Before going grocery shopping (which is Thurs) write out list and work out meal plan for week.

Personal
1. Finish Christmas cards not yet
2. Empty fridge and clean not yet
3. Tidy downstairs YES and cleaned kitchen
4. Put up tree??

Jenn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.