Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational 11/19-11/25: Thanksgiving Week; Gratitude, Not Just Food >

7 Day Motivational 11/19-11/25: Thanksgiving Week; Gratitude, Not Just Food

Notices

7 Day Motivational 11/19-11/25: Thanksgiving Week; Gratitude, Not Just Food

Old 11-20-2012, 12:20 AM

Hope, do well on the gym contest! You can lose those last few!

Donna, you've got a great list, and you're doing excellent.

I think everyone is really loving the "don't go stupid with the food" quote this week. lol

1. Target is 1600 cals or less/day.
1585!!!
2. Need to plan ahead.
Yes
3. Do my best to stick to it.
Mostly did.
4. Log everything.
Yes, right down to the last pretzel.
5. Exercise.
no
6. Remember to take meds 2x/day.
yes!
7. Get enough rest.
Yes, and it felt great!
8. Remember all the things I am thankful for.
I am.
9. Be kind to myself.
I took it easy on me.

I did super well with my planning and (mostly) sticking to it. Sara and I made a test sample of some chocolate pretzels we are making for Thursday, and I had 4 of them plus a few plain broken pretzels that were not on my original list. But, when I made my original plan I stayed well under my calories for just such a thing. And I still stayed under!!! woohoo!

Today I am grateful for the fact that my husband works for a union, and even though he's unemployed at the moment, they allow you to "bank" hours from all your overtime so that when you are between jobs your insurance won't lapse. With all his banked hours, we have insurance through the end of February, even if he doesn't get back to work (seriously hoping it's not that long til he gets working though!)

I made a rough plan for today, and hoping I can stick to it again. Dinner may change, but I've got a good starting point.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lcriswell0421
I think everyone is really loving the "don't go stupid with the food" quote this week. lol
I am 99% sure that can be credited to Tori!

Lisa, hope your husband gets back to work soon. Been there, done that, and I know what a huge concern insurance can be, especially when there are various conditions and medications.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lcriswell0421
Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I am 99% sure that can be credited to Tori!
yeah, I'm pretty sure that one is mine. It can sometimes be paraphrased as "don't go insane with food"

Just doing a quick check in to say that, yes I'm still alive. I'm not making any goals this week. I've sucked at goals for a while now and quite frankly, it's discouraging to fail time and time again. I'm trying to figure out how to get back on track and stay on track. It's taking some serious thinking

I will try to check in a few times this week. Wishing the best to all my FD pals
Old 11-20-2012, 01:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
yeah, I'm pretty sure that one is mine. It can sometimes be paraphrased as "don't go insane with food"

Just doing a quick check in to say that, yes I'm still alive. I'm not making any goals this week. I've sucked at goals for a while now and quite frankly, it's discouraging to fail time and time again. I'm trying to figure out how to get back on track and stay on track. It's taking some serious thinking

I will try to check in a few times this week. Wishing the best to all my FD pals
I just think Mike isn't enough lol; you need all of us here to help motivate you. And hey we even quote you. Does Mike do that?

And, Mike, where are the goals this week? We're not letting you slack either.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
Hi Hope - I'm an environmental consultant. I evaluate client project sites prior to construction then write environmental assessments, env. impact statements and such. For those who suffer from insomnia reading just one chapter would put most people down in a flash . But I love it none the less. Ama
zzzzz, huh?....LOL Too funny! But worthy work. Lotta really smart people on this site!
Old 11-20-2012, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Sounds like a worthy goal! We appreciate your input.

- Donna
Old 11-20-2012, 01:56 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) Except for Thursday, try going easier on the carbs -yes
2) exercise in any form 2x -yes took a class but suffered for it in a terrible flare last night; had to take more meds
3) water, 6 glasses min- 5 (I kept knocking over water; I spilled more than I drank)
4) cals, 1600 max (except Thursday)-1265
5) Plan meals -yup
6) Stick to plan- yup traded out an an orange for an apple and ate a few tiny cheese samples but if I don't go totally offtrack I'm calling it a win
7) Meditation - yes
8) remember to be grateful every day - grateful for gym and DD coming home!!!!!
9) stretch -yes

Last edited by canary52; 11-20-2012 at 02:07 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:58 AM
Super Moderator

Ok, guys, I just did the House of Schizophrenic Food pantry inventory (in white): Mom's food: Pretzels (3 kinds), cheese curls (3 bags), tortilla chips, potato chips, fudge, donuts (powdered sugar and chocolate frosted minis, plus one big one left over that I think is cinnamon), a leftover cinnamon bun, PopTarts (brown sugar cinnamon, strawberry, and cookies & cream, all with icing), Triscuits, Ritz, some sort of cheddar wafers, Flip Sides crackers (pretzel on one side and cracker on the other), marshmallows, ice cream (3 kinds), Milky Ways, Werthers candies (bulk bag), peppermints (bulk bag), Oreos, animal crackers, scones, beef sticks (I suspect that’s for Thanksgiving appetizers), graham crackers, Necco wafers, Fig Newtons (3 flavors), Goldfish, Ramen, Chex Mix, Special K popcorn chips, Peeps (????????), microwave popcorn, saltines, gingerbread, and 4 kinds of cheese.

Sister's food: Larabars, Fiber One bars, Greek yogurt, Wasa shortbread, Shredded Wheat, homemade breakfast bread that is probably pretty nutrition but not low calorie (lots of nuts), high fiber bread, assorted fruits and veggies, Go Lean cereal, Kashi Heart to Heart cereal, regular oatmeal, Cheerios, Life cereal, Fiber One cereal, Special K.

Last night my mom made ribs and fries for dinner. However, there was some leftover pork roast and potatoes, so a couple of us had that with broccoli and salad, so it could have been much worse. And then my mom apologized all over herself for not having dessert here (which to her is a pie or cake, apparently, and everything from the above list does not qualify)!

I love my family <3 !
Old 11-20-2012, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

Plan:
breakfast
egg whites and no nitrite ham
Lunch
organic ham on local sugar free peasant bread
Dinner
roast chicken
string beans
Snacks:
apple
orange
nuts
goat cheese and turkey breast (I know early) roll ups or leftover salmon and spinach

Last edited by canary52; 11-20-2012 at 03:42 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

Whoa Cassie and I thought my pantry was weird!!!!! (I will admit to buying some junk DD doesn't need but she will be having lots of friends over.) How many people live there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.