Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread beginning 10/29/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread beginning 10/29/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread beginning 10/29/12

Old 11-02-2012, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator

I am jumping on to put out some goals. Work has kicked my butt this week and all sorts of home stuff is going on too...but at least we're on the mend physically.

I've just finished engaging in some primal scream therapy in my family room over the numerous frustrations of the day, so no need to vent here, but I hope to catch up with the posts later tonight.

Goals from now till Thanksgiving:

1. Calories 1200 or fewer.
2. Do some sort of exercise every day.
3. Eat clean.
4. Get enough fluids.
5. Get enough sleep.
6. Log and post.

I am planning to be a "weekend warrior." I just did my to-do list and it has 43 things on it . But exercise is on there! And so is FitDay! Going to get started and I will check in with you all later.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:15 AM
FitDay Member

April - I am so glad you are back! Thank you for telling us your story. I've also had the same problem over the years - meet a goal then relax for a little while... those little calories start to sneak their way back into our daily lives. I know you will do great getting back on track!

Tori - Ah... the famous love poundage, a familiar story... I remember putting on 10 fairly quickly after DH and I moved in together. Very nice that WHN likes to cook! Now to try and get him to tweak it a little so that the calories come down a bit. Sorry to hear work is tough right now. I hope things get better soon!

Hope - Nice meal planning! Good job with your stretching, writing and positive outlook! So glad you made it through the hurricane without
too much damage.

Mike - Yes, just a few fun-size candies - easily could have been much worse! Nice ban hammer pix - a bit scary also I must say !

Quinn - Great job on Halloween keeping it under control! Cider with brown sugar... mmmm!

Cassie - Primal scream therapy... now that sounds interesting. Glad it helped! Nice goals for the next 3 weeks!

Frenchhen - Honesty can sometimes be so haaarrrrdddd... But you are absolutely right, goals don't mean much at all unless they are honest

Lisa - Great job with the meal planning! This week isn't over yet, and yes, next week will be even better!!!

Ama
Old 11-02-2012, 10:12 AM
FitDay Member

UGH not a good day meeting my goals. Food wasn't too bad but didn't log. I'm sure I'm over on the carbs. Haven't had time to go grocery shopping yet amd had icecream for dessert since we ran out of fruit.
Did not drink my water today either.

I did do a little bit of exercise yesterday but my back was feeling it today. Hadn't done any for a while

One good thing--dining room table is cleared off from drywaller having to move it and kitchen is tidy--YAY!!
Jenn
Old 11-02-2012, 10:57 AM
FitDay Member

Grrrrr....What is it with the carbs? Do they put magnets in chocolate cookies and pita chips or what?

I HAD A PLAN!!!!
Old 11-02-2012, 03:24 PM
FitDay Member

Default Thurs.

• Work out 2 days > 40 min.s: 0, 20, 0, 0
  • Average < 1600 cals: 1084, 1242, 2050, 1744
  • Vegetables: Y, Y, Y, Y
  • Protein (g): 43, 44, 96, 101
(Walking: 7 hours)

- Donna
Old 11-02-2012, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks Hope.

1) Split firewood not yet (I've gathered the wood), I'll get to splittin' tomorrow
DONE 1a) Make a firewood rack yes
2) Gallon of water no, no
3) 3 servings of fruit/veggies yes, yes
Old 11-02-2012, 09:45 PM

Tori - Not killing anyone at work is a very good goal to have met! lol

Quinn - Good luck on showing up your relatives who were so negative to you. Sucks when people are like that.

April - Wanted to say "hi". I'm pretty talkative too, and I hope I don't irritate anyone Great job on all the workouts!

Cassie - Good luck on the 43 item to-do list!!! I'm exhausted just imagining that!
Old 11-02-2012, 10:05 PM

1. Goal is less than 1600 calories/day.
No...closer (1913), very close 1677! Waaaay out of control. I succeeded...1473! Above my goal, but ended up less than I planned on.
2. Continue logging all food no matter how ugly it gets.
did it! yep. yes. yes. yes.
3. Take meds 2x day on time.
yes! yes! did it. only took a.m. only took a.m. again.
4. Weigh & measure everything.
yes! did good. yes. yes. yes.

I must be burning more than Fitday is estimating for me, because I keep going over my limit but I'm still losing weight. I'm not going to fight it!

My plan for tomorrow does not look so good, but I'm planning on having some more delicious but high calorie funeral sandwiches again this weekend. Also, I ran out of oatmeal and raisins (my 12 y.o. son has decided he wants oatmeal last few days instead of waffles, so I've had to share.) That means my breakfast is not as usual, which I'm hoping won't throw me off too much.

Breakfast:
2 eggs, bagel thin, mayo

Lunch:
4 funeral sandwiches

Dinner:
2 oz pork roast, salad w/ dressing, broccoli

Snacks:
Popcorn, grapes

Very high fat, low fiber day I have planned. But those things fortunately for me aren't part of my goals this week

Also, I wanted to bring something up to you all and get your feedback. My daughter, 10, is very self conscious about her weight. She is in the 88th percentile for her age, and all her friends are very skinny so she has a poor self-image. She is a little bit over weight for her age, but she's definitely not fat. She has been complaining about it, so I just keep telling her to stop eating junk food (she's really a chocolate lover!). Then she complains about how hard that is. But yesterday she really decided she wants me to help her to start eating better and making better choices. I've looked online and all the sources say that for her age the minimum number of calories she should be eating is 1600/day; she is, after all, still growing and needs lots of energy and nutrients. Today we started a log for her, and I did not pack any candy or bad stuff in her lunch...tuna sandwich, orange slices, a few grapes, a juice and some popcorn (good on fiber, low on fat). For breakfast she asked for an orange. For dinner she had a healthy serving of taco salad. For snacks she indulged in 1 c of chocolate milk and 1 cup of skinny cow ice cream as well as some grapes. I thought she ate quite a lot, and she never complained about being hungry or craving anything and she only came in at 1322 calories. I'm going to talk to my nutritionist and see what she has to say about a good calorie range for her to get what she needs to grow, but also to watch her weight, because I don't want to make her eat just to get to the recommended 1600 calories. Anyways, just wondering if any of you are helping your kid with their weight and looking for any tips to make it a smoother ride. Oh, also, I'm really bad about exercising, and she's pretty sedentary except for being active at school, so I'm thinking that maybe she and I can start walking together or doing my aerobics video together each day. In the spring she'll get exercise playing on the baseball team, but she opted to not play soccer this fall. So I definitely need to get her moving.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 11-03-2012, 12:11 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa, I want to commend you in teaching your daughter good eating habits. Are you following a food guide ie the recommended fruits/veggies, grains etc for her age? Walking is a good activity because you can talk together as you walk.

Jenn
Old 11-03-2012, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Lisa, I want to commend you in teaching your daughter good eating habits. Are you following a food guide ie the recommended fruits/veggies, grains etc for her age? Walking is a good activity because you can talk together as you walk.

Jenn
Jenn, I will keep in mind the food plate recommendations. I looked up how many carbs she should be getting a day, and based on that and the calorie range I am looking to keep good ratios on fat/protein/carbs as well as getting enough fiber for her age, which is 31g. I'm going to make sure I am on the right track the next time I talk to my nutritionist. Also, wanting to give her a variety of foods for a well-rounded balance in nutrients. So yesterday we were a little too high in carbs and not high enough in fiber. But, like my own plan, it's a learning process, and I'm sure we'll learn a lot as we go along. I agree that walking is a good activity. I enjoy our time together, and it makes her feel special.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.