Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread beginning 10/22/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread beginning 10/22/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread beginning 10/22/12

Old 10-23-2012, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

My Goals
Originally Posted by cjohnson728
checking in and posting every day.
Originally Posted by Mern
Tell us at least one good thing you'll work on.
My daughter doesn't know her way around a kitchen, poor thing. Withe her being 700+ miles away now, I texted her a bunch of pics and made a video for her on how to make red beans and rice. I called her and guided her through it and she actually made a "REAL MEAL", some red beans and rice and said it was awesome!

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
Drop and do 10 push-ups every time you use a swear word.
Originally Posted by canary52
Water. (100oz)
Originally Posted by cjohnson728
walking five miles.

Originally Posted by Mern
set a good goal for yourself for daily veggies. (2 veggies)
Old 10-23-2012, 09:01 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone. Thank you for the kind words.

Dr appointment went well. BP was good 130/80 which is considered normal for people with diabetes. Weight was up a little bit more than I thought but I'm sure some of that is water retention from salty food on the weekend. Plus they take it with shoes on. My A1C is 7.3 (as a percent). Number should be less than 7. My fasting glucose was up but because it was TTOM he wasn't too concerned.

Wish I could figure out a way to get some of the weight down.

Goals for the week will be
Rake leaves and drink more water.

Jenn
Old 10-23-2012, 09:11 AM
FitDay Member

Judi – So glad you are back!!! I am sorry that you are having such a difficult time right now. No need to be embarrassed about anything… just join in when you can! So glad to hear about your folks doing great. And running, YAY!!! With… hmmm we need an acronym for your “friend.” How about we call him “KMHWOR?”

Mern, Cassie and Hope – Glad you are up to the Challenge! Listing my food plan every morning is going much easier for me than logging, for the time being.

Jenn – Best of luck at your appointment!... just read your post... Great that your appt went well!!!

Hadena – Zero can be a hero for sure! Great job on avoiding the temptations!

Dmartz – Heavy springs for one hour? Wow, impressive!

Ron - Great job on your cals and workout so far this week!
Old 10-23-2012, 10:20 AM
FitDay Member

Awright Jenn, posting goals!!! So glad your doctor's appointment went well. I believe you will get back into the swing of things and the weight will come off. And the numbers will go down even further. My bp goes down when I lose some weight - another good incentive!!!

Mike did you know that Louis Armstrong sometimes signed his letters "red beans and ricely yours"? Good job on getting DD to eat well!!!
Old 10-23-2012, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Ama's challenge...now that I know dinner. Going for Italian, so I will have salad, grilled shrimp, and side of spicy pasta.

Today so far has been almonds, a banana, and an apple. And about 10 cough drops . Once I get it all logged, I'll see how the pie chart looks and what would be a good snack choice.

Ama, thanks again. I'm really liking this. Posting what I'm going to eat is great for accountability! I suppose I should also post any deviations .

MIKE: See? You ARE always there for her!

Hope to catch up with the rest of you later...hungry family ready to leave!
Old 10-23-2012, 11:28 AM

i was invited to come over here and jump in. for 6 months i was doing awesome...got my A1C into the normal range, got my blood pressure normal, lowered my cholesterol to almost normal and lost 50 lbs. then i feel completely off track and in the past 2 months i've gained 11 lbs back. need help with motivation. i have been having a very hard time remembering to take my prescription meds for bipolar disorder, so i've fallen into a depression from being on a long manic high. it's hard to not emotionally eat when depressed. so my goals are:
1. take prescribed meds on schedule twice a day
2. get back into the habit of logging my food every day
3. stop eating cheez-its and bagels!
~lisa
Old 10-23-2012, 11:50 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Lisa, glad you're here!!! And you got right on it, too. So I can see you're determined. You'll see what a cool group this is.

It was smart of Ron to mention this.

Keep posting; see how it works for you.

I know you must be going through such a difficult time but hold on; you got some great goals.

Last edited by canary52; 10-23-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:20 PM
FitDay Member

Being forced to check in......

1) Log everything--no, nope
2) .5% weight loss--we'll see
3) 48 oz water--close but no, not even close
Old 10-23-2012, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

Forced??? You thought that was being forced?
Old 10-23-2012, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

Will catch up tomorrow...I've been fighting a bad connection. I'm here, didn't go off the rails, a tad over, but I really enjoyed my dinner! Will post update in the morning; have a good night, all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.