FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread beginning 10/22/12 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/8444-7-day-motivational-thread-beginning-10-22-12-a.html)

judipurple 10-22-2012 01:29 PM

...knock, knock...can I come in?

Hi everybody...I dropped out of fitday entirely - not even logging...I think part of it was embarassment - I haven't been eating enough, what I have eaten hasn't been good choices (tooooo many carbs have crept back into the gaping maw), skipped my supplements, and have spent too many evenings just lying in bed...alone...

At this point I will be happy to get back on the logging bandwagon... and if I could join back in to the forum? Will you have me?

amalthea1892 10-22-2012 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 90859)
Ladies (and Ron), Tori said she won't let me take off. Do y'all want to help think of some goals? Doesn't have to be the same ole song and dance. I like the push-up that Ama has but I swear A LOT! I don't even think I notice it. Now does that include text or just speaking?

Both! :D

Ass - Probably not, but fits the category of a vulgar noun, perhaps - better give up 10 just to be sure! Hee hee

01gt4.6 10-22-2012 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by rpmcduff (Post 90847)

Maybe it is just the time of year with fall coming on but we seem to have lots of members struggling with their motivation and determination. Just remember you are worth the effort and the rewards of fitness, and health are long term. While I believe you must do this for yourself remember all the lives you will touch, improve and enrich as a secondary benefit of being healthy and fit.

Well said Ron. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Hadena (Post 90850)
Hi all! Happy start of the week. Was a bit bad and had a Halloween cupcake my friend brought in today...but still in a deficit, so that's not so terrible. Think I will just start off with 3 goals I can complete this week before adding some more in a few weeks. Got two social events coming up this weekend, so will be needing some motivation from here. Good luck with the week!

Calorie deficit 400-500: 165
Workout 3 days: Mon
>80g protein a day: 83.7

Welcome aboard. Nice goals you have going.

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 90854)
I like your 4W approach--whips, wagons, whatever works. :p

Mike, I echo Cassie. Don't give yourself a free pass for a whole week. It's not worth the temporary comfort. Tell us at least one good thing you'll work on.

Mern, it is so nice to have you back. I've missed you!

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 90861)
One Goal for Mike:

Water. (You decide the amount.)

It's not new; it's not sexy, but it's reasonable and I KNOW you can do it.

Plus you're making Tori do it.

(Hey at least I didn't try to make you wear something pink.)

BTW you swear a lot by text?

That's my new "mission" (hopefully not impossible): The One Goal For Mike Campaign. Who else is in?

I'll do 100 ounces of water. I swear a lot by text, almost as much as by voice... Tori can attest to that.:eek:

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 90865)
I told him earlier to post every day, but here's another: get out on the tennis court this week! If you can't find a partner, you may substitute walking five miles (which should be chump change) ;).

I didn't log anything today, so not much to post, but I'm here. :)

Originally Posted by judipurple (Post 90872)
Hi everybody...I dropped out of fitday entirely - not even logging...I think part of it was embarassment - I haven't been eating enough, what I have eaten hasn't been good choices (tooooo many carbs have crept back into the gaping maw), skipped my supplements, and have spent too many evenings just lying in bed...alone...

At this point I will be happy to get back on the logging bandwagon... and if I could join back in to the forum? Will you have me?

Awww what were you embarrassed about? Hopefully nothing one of us said or did. It's nice to have you back, now just stay your ass right here. It's "ass" an actual swear word?

canary52 10-22-2012 03:35 PM

Awwww, Judi, nothin to be embarrassed about. Glad to have you back! And also to have your back, as you have ours.

So, as for Mike, we got 100 oz of water, 10 pushups for each swear word (I'm with Ama: better do 10, just to cover your "ass.") Hmmm, this is starting to look like a goal list to me... So what's next? Food planning? RAK?

I made my food plan but I will post it tomorrow, tuckered out from watching the debate. I had friends over and snacks and I only ate two smallish pickles. So there. Who won? I'd say me!!! (you know, for not snacking... never mind. Good night.)

cjohnson728 10-22-2012 03:55 PM

Judi, so glad to see you...been thinking about you and hoping all was okay.

Today's report:

1. Calories below 1250. 1155, 75 of which was cough drops and Vitamin C tabs
2. Exercise 6 hours total. 30 min
3. Sleep 7 hours per night. 7
4. Force fluids. Yes
5. Log everything and post daily. Yes
6. Eat clean. Except for cough drops, I guess...

Hmm, for Ama's challenge tomorrow. It's my work day on the other side of town and we're going out to eat, but the restaurant won't be determined till we see what time we all get home and how much homework the boy has. If early enough and not much HW, we'll do his belated b-day celebration at an Italian place; if we're in a hurry, it'll be a quick trip to the local Mexican place or Panera. So my plan is to proceed with caution for breakfast and lunch and see what happens after that :p.

canary52 10-22-2012 10:42 PM

Goals:
1) plan meals -yup
2) 1600 cals max -1265
3) stretch -yup
4) yoga, walk, something, 2 x this week (starting slow)- walk wih DH, looked at the autumn colors
5) write (I am now on a deadline)- yup
6) drink more water -trying, at least 48 oz
7) send out positive vibrations yeah - yeah

Cassie, you included your cough drops and Vit C. You're good.

canary52 10-22-2012 10:51 PM

Plan:
Breakfast:
1 egg, 1 egg white (local eggs)
2 slices nitrite free turkey bacon
Ezkiel English muffin
small apple (local)
Lunch:
half a tuna sandwich on local rye
1 c Campbell's Healthy Harvest Italian wedding soup
little bit leftover broccoli rabe
orange
Dinner:
homemade Asian chicken and broccoli
Snacks:
100 cal cocoa almonds
1 oz. smoked salmon (weird, I know)

in the 1300+ range, may be adjusted

Mern 10-23-2012 12:03 AM

Goals Monday and Tuesday (Will set new ones Wednesday)

REVISED MONDAY'S NUMBERS DUE TO NOT EATING A PRE-LOGGED LOW CARB ICE CREAM BAR. :)

Low cal: 1189
Low sat fat: 9%
Low net carbs: (total carbs less fiber) 21g
Low cholesterol: 163mg
High protein 108g
High fibe:r 32g
Exercise: YES
Water: about 64 oz.

Today's planned and pre-logged menu with a little wiggle room left over:

Breakfast: egg white, mushroom, and turkey sausage omelet

Lunch: generous amount of turkey and fresh spinach on half a low carb, high fiber tortilla.

Dinner: veggie burger, half serving of low carb pasta with marinara, broccoli

Snacks: almonds and 2 protein shakes

Mern 10-23-2012 12:46 AM

Judi, welcome back! Everyone is always welcome back after taking a detour from our group. If you had the chance to read any of the posts late last week and yesterday, you will see SEVERAL of us are returning after a long absence and going far astray from healthful eating. If you need to take baby steps to get back into the full swing of accountability to yourself, that's fine. Big hug to ya!

Ama, I love the idea of posting our planned menus. Thanks. :)

Cassie, your meals yesterday were loaded with nutrition and fluids to help you get well soon. Wishing you a fun and delicious belated bd celebration for DS. Just try to make it a controlled cheat if you can't eat totally on plan. :)

Mike, thanks--it's great to be back. I feel better about myself already even though I gained a lot of weight in my absence. Doesn't take much to make me full of myself. LOL I challenge you to set a good goal for yourself for daily veggies.

Hope, a good water goal nets smooth, well-hydrated skin and twinkly eyes--THAT'S SEXY. :) Congrats on just pickles for your snack last night! I really wanted to watch the last debate, but got too comfortable in my PJs on the recliner chair and fell asleep after the first half hour. I'll have to see if I can catch a rerun of it or find it on the Internet. I had to fight to not cheat for a snack last night. Wound up with healthful almonds, low fat cheese, and a protein shake for my evening snack. I love Ezekiel bread--such body and flavor! Asian chicken with broccoli has my mouth watering. I think smoked salmon sounds like a delicious snack. I eat all kinds of odd things for snacks--including cold, leftover baked fish like cod or flounder or cold, leftover cooked veggies.

jjrudd 10-23-2012 01:01 AM

Mern, nice to see you back!! Maybe your dietician's plan will help me too. I have been exercising but no weight loss.

So really tired after busy weekend. Ate Filipino food for dinner Sun night and leftovers last night--really salty. We also had hamburgers for lunch Sun so all in all not a good day meal wise. No exercise either.

Feeling really down. Looking at pictures of my double chin and big stomach and what should be beautiful pictures of my family are visible reminders. Plus it doesn't help that my sister-in-law's family are all tiny (5'2" and under) and size 4's. I'm 5'8" and size 22.

Have Dr appointment this afternoon--diabetes follow-up. Wish me luck.

Sorry just not feeling it for goals yet.
Jenn