Notices

Polymennorrhea?

Old 04-09-2010, 05:50 PM
FitDay Member

Default Polymennorrhea?

I have it everytime I lose a lot of weight. Been needing "feminine supplies" for about a month solid now (incidently the amount of time I've been on this diet)... it's getting old. Anyone else working through the same?
Old 04-10-2010, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

No, that's never happened to me, and I've lost and gained numerous times. Have you been to your doctor about this? It might be a good idea to have that checked out.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:08 AM
FitDay Member

When you lose a significant amount of weight it can change your hormones which can effect your periods but not usually for the long term. I would ask your doctor. if your bleeding like that everytime it might be uterine fibroids or something like that. I was on my period for the entire month of february and then some because of fibroids. Id def get checked out by your doc.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:20 AM
FitDay Member

I have the opposite problem, my body needs carbs and lots of them to even think about making a baby. I'm going to second that fibroid business, my mom had issues with that forever. You also might want to make sure to get your hemoglobin checked, because all that bleeding can take a serious toll on your iron levels.

Last edited by almeeker; 04-13-2010 at 06:23 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:18 PM
FitDay Member

I have a docs appointment tomorrow - hoping to get some help. I *know* it's weight loss and not fibroids for a few reasons:
1. I just had a baby so I had professionals all up in my business regularly for nearly a year.
2. This ONLY happens to me when I lose a lot of weight or when I work out a lot - it has never happened to me any other time, yet it's the 4th or 5th time I've lost significantly and at least spotted throughout the day for over a month.

Thanks for the heads up about the iron, I was anemic with my pregnancy so I still have an Rx for iron, plus my iron fortified multivitamin.

Thanks you guys!
Old 04-15-2010, 06:49 AM
FitDay Member

Let us know what happens! Female problems suck whether its a serious condition or just something inconvienent. Good luck with your appt!
Old 04-15-2010, 12:59 PM
FitDay Member

So... doc says it's pretty common, esp with my amount of weight loss. He said it should clear up in a few more weeks, maybe I didn't notice before because I didn't ever stick with a diet long enough! LOL.

He did say that he wanted to keep a close eye on it, send me for some labs and if it doesn't improve within 4 weeks he was referring me to my gyn.

Blech - I hate gyn's. All business and they don't even buy you dinner.