Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-in for 4/13/10 >

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-in for 4/13/10

Community
Notices

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-in for 4/13/10

Old 04-13-2010, 11:52 AM
FitDay Member

congratulations to everyone for posting and persevering. i'm particularly inspired by quinn who finds it easier to maintain than in times past. that is such a wonderful thing to hear. some days i feel like that as well! i hope to make it last.

thank you everyone for being supportive, friendly, and motivating. can't wait to keep myself updated with all of your successes as well as your bumps in the road.

i don't weigh in till thursday's--so I'll update you all then.

-julia

p.s. cassie, you are a skinny lady! you should wear a bikini and feel good. i'm sure you look better than you think!
Old 04-13-2010, 01:19 PM
FitDay Member

Beth that is so weird! I would LOVE to weigh what you do! I have a very mesamorphic muscular body....that's the weight! The more I exercise, the less I loose. It's all soooo complicated!!!! Keep it goin'on! Sharon
Old 04-14-2010, 12:03 AM
FitDay Member

Runawayspoon, Im notice that problem too about exercise and weight loss. When I didn't workout, I lost 4lbs in a week, but when I weighed myself yesterday I only lost 2lbs and I did cardio 4 times last week. I thought cardio was good for weight and inches lost. I think its kinda weird. Could someone explain what happen? Thanx.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:48 AM
FitDay Member

hey there,
sometimes this happens to me and i believe there are three possibilities for why this may happen:
1) you don't always see results the same week that you feel you are being extra careful and on "plan". maybe next week you will see the weight loss from this week's hard workouts? this happens to me sometimes.
2) perhaps you weren't eating enough calories and put your body into starvation mode..
3) maybe you are building muscle, which is denser than fat.

please feel free to disagree with any of this!
Old 04-14-2010, 12:54 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies, can anyone join this group? I'm getting my weight and measurements taken this weekend so now is as good as time as any. I've been using Fitday for ages but only stumbled across the forum today, it's great!
Old 04-14-2010, 01:12 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, mjones! Feel free to post your successes and frustrations. You will find wonderful advice and a compassionate ear on this thread! This thread is our weekly check-in to post whatever floats your boat about what worked (or didn't work!) during the past week. You may also want to join our daily 5-15 pound thread for all of those daily things that come up.

We look forward to reading your posts!

quinn
Old 04-14-2010, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator

And another welcome to you, mjones! The more the merrier!

Lucky, another couple thoughts to add to the good ideas Julia had...was the 4 pound week when you started out? Sometimes a lot of the initial loss is water weight and the pounds drop more quickly. Secondly, if it's during "that time of the month," that could also be a culprit...it is for me, about 3 pounds worth.

I wish it were an exact science, but it's not .

Like Quinn said, we'll be jumping on over to the regular 5 - 15 pound thread; people often stop checking this one after Tuesday, which is our check in day. Look forward to chatting with you over there!

P.S. thanks Julia for being the first person ever to use the word "skinny" with respect to me. Tell that to my thunder thighs! Although I will freely admit to struggling with body perception and satisfaction...but hey! For the first time in my life I am happy with every part of my body except one
Old 04-14-2010, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

Scared to weigh in? Anyone else ever feel this way? I joined the 5-15 daily thread 2 weeks ago and havent weighed in since! I didnt do so well over easter so I was scared to weigh myself that week. This past week I did pretty well, but still not sure it was quite enough to make up for easter week. So I dont weigh myself because I dont want to see a gain after working very hard for the week. even though the gain may have been from the previous week. make sense? I know I should weigh in so I can track how I do for the coming week but I dont want to feel like crap for gaining weight. i'm in weight denial! I tend to only weigh myself when I "feel" skinny. I also refuse to take my measurements for the same reasons....

Starting weight: 120
Goal weight: 110
Current weight: ????
Old 04-14-2010, 05:47 AM
FitDay Member

toolarge* That's exactly what's nice about this thread... no weighing in required!
Use it to tell what went well (or not so well...) blow off some steam, whatever. We're all here to pull you back on track! lol

quinn
Old 04-17-2010, 05:28 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks quinnesec and cjohnson728. Well I got weighed today and nearly had heart failure as its the heaviest I've been in years. I'm usually between 140 and 147lbs and am now 154!!!!! The extra weight crept up over the space of about 6 weeks and I feel horrible. I live in Ireland and have signed up for this event in August Gaelforce Events 2010 which will require loads of training so I'm just going to get serious about training and diet now and will post my updates here weekly!! Looking forward to it

Current Weight: 154
Goal Weight: 133
Height: 5.6