Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread 10/1/12: Happy October! >

7-Day Motivational Thread 10/1/12: Happy October!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 10/1/12: Happy October!

Old 10-02-2012, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

Lucky #13
Old 10-02-2012, 01:45 AM
Super Moderator

Ladies, I can't believe that I've had so much going on that I forgot about your "girls" yesterday! So... who's next? I'm counting on one of y'all this week to either do, or schedule your ma'am oh!

This year I won't be doing the walk for the cure, so I won't be hounding y'all for money. Last year, with y'all's help, we raised over $1000!!! Next year will be the year that we raise over $3k, I shave my legs and wear a pink tennis skirt, on YouTube for the whole world to see. Feel free to donate to someone else this year but be prepared to save up some of those greenbacks for me next year!

Everyone of you that read this need to do a self breast exam today. If you aren't sure how to do it, google it! Get it done. Early detection is key! Breast cancer may not only take away your girl(s), but it may take your life!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 10-02-2012 at 01:54 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:55 AM
FitDay Member

Mike,
Not sure I want to see either your shaved legs or you in pink skirt

That was just a nightmare mental image!!

But it is a great cause and take care of those 'Girls' for all us shallow members of the opposite sex and yourselves!!!
Old 10-02-2012, 05:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
Mike,
Not sure I want to see either your shaved legs or you in pink skirt

That was just a nightmare mental image!!

But it is a great cause and take care of those 'Girls' for all us shallow members of the opposite sex and yourselves!!!
haha, well I guess I should explain the story for those that weren't here last year. Last year a friend of mine asked if I wanted to do the Susan G Komen 5k. He didn't figure I would since I've never had any family members affected by breast cancer... but I figured what that hell, might as well. I did it just to try to raise some money. I think we had 10 people on our team and the team goal was $1000. We were all supposed to try to raise $100 each. As soon as I signed up, I made a donation, then I got my company to match it. So then I had this bright idea of trying to raise $1k myself. That's when I turned to the ladies here. I told them that if I reached $1k, I'd wear a pink shirt and make a YT video thanking them. It's amazing how many of them wanted to see me humiliate myself on YT! I decided to kick it up a notch and said that if I hit $3k I would shave my legs and wear a tennis skirt on YT. Towards the end I was getting close to the $1k mark so I offered to match pledges. I was taken up on that as well. I never got close enough to hitting my $3k (secondary) goal but there is always next year.

It was funny when we met up for the day of the race because I didn't know hardly anyone on the team. When I introduced myself, all the girls were like "So you're the guy on our team that was raiding all that money!". They asked how I did it and I told them that I had a really great group of friends that wanted to back me.

I will say that I don't wear pink. I'm not one of those guys that says "I'm comfortable enough with my sexuality to wear pink.", I'm one of those guys that says "I'm comfortable enough with my sexuality so that I don't have to wear pink in order to convince others!"

In all fairness, I did make the video as I said I would. I thanked my pledges, wearing pink. I missed Terri so I went back made a follow up video. I did not know that Cassie made a donation (because it could routed to another account) so I missed her.

I hounded the ladies relentlessly, not only to donate but to do self exams. It was during that time that one of our members discovered she had a lump, I don't remember it being anything major, but she thanked me for the wake up call, and that made it all worth it to me!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 10-02-2012 at 05:24 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator

Default Baltimore, Md

Anyone in Baltimore, Md? We have a 4 hour layover tomorrow and I'll have some time to kill. Let me know if you want to meet up for lunch.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator

Helloooooooo
Old 10-02-2012, 08:50 AM
FitDay Member

I'd meet you for lunch but I don't think I have enough time to get from Denver to Baltimore on my lunch hour. LOL

Kind of a morgue around here today. Did everyone fall off the wagon???
Old 10-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Anyone in Baltimore, Md? We have a 4 hour layover tomorrow and I'll have some time to kill. Let me know if you want to meet up for lunch.
No, but I did my Orioles pedicure on Sunday night

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
I'd meet you for lunch but I don't think I have enough time to get from Denver to Baltimore on my lunch hour. LOL
My brother's in Westcliffe...go have lunch with him instead

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Just got in...was a jail day. Looks like I didn't miss much! How's everybody doing?
Old 10-02-2012, 10:24 AM
FitDay Member

HELLO!! I haven't fallen off the wagon....yet NAH, no plans on falling off this week. Or next week. I would have loved to check in earlier, but I had my normal "Hell Day" of a Tuesday at work. Busy busy busy!!

Got supper almost done. Veggie soup **THANKS FOR THE RECIPE, BUBBA!!** has been in the crock pot all day and just about ready to pull the corn bread out of the oven.

Catch up with everyone a little later on
Old 10-02-2012, 10:42 AM
FitDay Member

GOALS
1. carb, protein 140/60 almost 138/65
2. drink the water!--at least 6 cupsNO
3. exercise 5x for at least 30 min YES
4. cut back lawn cut half--need to pick up sticks and walnuts before cutting the rest

Personal goals
1. keep kitchen tidy UGH-don't ask!!
2. organize writing
3. Don't beat myself up if I'm not as good as I should be on eating habits 7 days a week

Like Tori I'm going to try not to fall off the wagon. I would love to lose weight before going to Dr in a few weeks. Need to make sure I eat properly so glucose numbers are the same if not lower.

Jenn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.