FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Hey Ladies, a new week is here! You know what time it is! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/8254-hey-ladies-new-week-here-you-know-what-time.html)

01gt4.6 09-16-2012 04:18 PM

Hey Ladies, a new week is here! You know what time it is!

Hey ladies, it's time to climb aboard the wagon. There is plenty of room. All my sexy ladies, please form a single file line and no pushing please. Lets load this wagon down. No rocking the wagon... until we get it packed out! :) If we rock it too (two, to, to-to for Tori) hard and you fall off, feel free to climb back on... or you can run, walk or crawl behind. ;)

I plan on being here for all 7, so I will be a weekend warrior.

I will post goals tomorrow, I'll probably steal them from YOUR goals*, so you better make some big pimpin' goals! Lets see if I can beat you lovely ladies at your own goal...

I'm not sure if my sista from another mista will be in, so I'll only make goals for myself.

Who is in?

1. Eat 4 servings fruit/vegetables (Jenn)
2. Log everything. Everything (Cassie)
3. Take ALL vitamins and supplements; even the big, nasty ones. (Quinniepoo)
4. Dietary fiber 25g (Mern)
5. keep (start) journalling (Judi)
6. reign in the excitement of only 28 MORE DAYS TILL WHN COMES HOME!!!! (Tori)
7. Drink my water (belinda)

*I obviously won't be able to take a goal from everyone but I will take them from the first 5 or 6 so if you wanna put me in my place, get in early!

jjrudd 09-17-2012 01:27 AM

Goals for the week...here goes...
1. Log everything
2. Eat 4 servings fruit/vegetables
3. Keep carb/protein within limit 120carb/60g protein
4. Drink at least 6 glasses of water a day
5. Exercise(same goal)--didn't get enough last week so here's hoping for this week

Personal goals
1. WRITE. There is workshop at local library in 2 weeks and I want to have some stuff done
2. Finish cleaning out spare room (I can at least see the top of the bed again :D )
3. Pull out weeds in driveway and front lawn...a job I hate :(

Jenn

cjohnson728 09-17-2012 02:52 AM

Morning, Mike & Jenn, and everyone out there in FitDay Land!

Mike, you won't get any good goals from me; I'm paring it down this week because it's crazy busy. Just the basics:

1. Calorie limit 1200.
2. Exercise 6 hours total.
3. Sleep at least 7 hours a night.
4. Log everything. Everything.
5. Say one good thing that happened each day.

Other than that, I'll try to be as good as I can with the water, the vitamins, the pie chart, etc.

I think, since Friday morning, I spent a grand total of 6 waking hours at home, so I am totally in catch-up mode today. I got chewed alive by mosquitos at my son's tourney Friday night. I have been grinding oatmeal and soaking in it but I am still pretty miserable and at last count I had 34 bites on my legs alone. So if anyone has any magic home remedies, please let me know! Besides oatmeal baths, I'm working with hydrocortisone cream and aloe but I'm always open to new ideas!

Hope you all enjoy a great week! Mike, thanks for your motivating introduction to Monday :). Jenn, go get those weeds done; you'll be so glad you did!

quinnesec 09-17-2012 03:09 AM

I'm in! Not changing my goals, but I am going to really crack down this week and make it happen. No more, "I worked so hard today that I deserve a (fill in the blank with something fattening) or "I'm too tired to make a decent meal; I'll just pick up a pizza, fast food, etc." Time to get these last few pounds off before I go on vacation.

Did burn a ton of calories this weekend painting a bedroom. Still have odds and ends left to do tonight. BUT, I ate a ton, too. So it's time to be honest with myself and break the old bad habits that I've fallen into when my schedule got crazy.

1. LOG EVERYTHING, no matter how small.
2. Calories under 1100.
3. Strictly limit breads and cheese; no deep-fried ANYTHING!!!
4. Take ALL vitamins and supplements; even the big, nasty ones.
5. 3-4 fruits and veggies a day.
6. Be grateful, humble and patient with everyone... no matter how hard.

Mern 09-17-2012 03:20 AM

I'm in. Same goals as last week. I'm up three pounds --did have one day last week when I cheated badly, but geez, not three pounds worth. I'm hoping it's just from my muscles still retaining water from bumping up my exercise--I am STILL bumping it up. I'll just keep telling myself the scale will reverse directions if I stick with my goals.

Calories 1300-1400
Dietary Cholesterol average 250mg or less
Sat fat average 10% of total calories or less
Net carbs after deducting fiber 35g
Dietary fiber 25g
Protein average minimum of 120g or more
Exercise 5 days
Water 64 oz.
Evening snack that won't take me off target

Headed to the Y for my cardio class.

01gt4.6 09-17-2012 04:25 AM

Okay my lovelies, the front seats have been taken. There is plenty of room left. Come one, come all!

Mern 09-17-2012 05:03 AM

Mike, thanks. I WAS able to watch the time lapse video of your tiling work with the link you posted later. It looks beautiful! :)

mrsrainh2o, what are your goals this week?

Had a great cardio class--it feels so invigorating.

Busy day today--double duty school transportation for grandkids since DH is golfing--again. :rolleyes:

judipurple 09-17-2012 05:22 AM

Tuck me into the corner in the back, Mike - I'll be the one throwing spitballs at the driver's head!

With all that's happening with me, if I can get through without a major meltdown, it'll be a good thing.

The goals will be similar to previous weeks - I will adjust it to be more diligent to keep my calories above 1200. It has been too easy to just skip eating lately, and I know it'll come around the bite me on the ass eventually. I can feel my resistance flagging, and need to keep healthy.

So, posting the numbers du jour, keep moving, keep journalling, keep on a steady forward motion - with only the occasional brief side trip into despair or self-pity, when needed.

01gt4.6 09-17-2012 06:02 AM

Mern, thanks. I think the camera shot something like 5000 pics to make that.

Judi, at least I don't have to worry about them getting stuck in my hair.

cjohnson728 09-17-2012 07:55 AM

Goals look good, everybody! Welcome back to the Monday wagon.

Mike, thanks for reposting the link. I love the canine helper that intermittently comes in to supervise, lol.

A week or so ago I posted about a change in the nutrition information of my fave hi-fiber tortillas (Ole Extreme Wellness)...it changed drastically. Today I received a response from the company; fyi, for anyone interested:

Thank you for taking the time to write.

The changes made are due to the fact we were receiving a lot of complaints regarding the products pliability. We decided to move forward with a formulation change that would improve the pliability by replacing a percentage of the fiber source with wheat. This change improved the pliability but adversely affected the nutritionals. Now we are receiving a lot of feedback concerning the new nutritionals. Due to this we are now working on one more formulation change that will still improve the pliability but keep the calories below 100 and the fiber at 10+g. We are expecting to launch this formula within the next 90 days. We hope you can be patient with us during this transition.

01gt4.6 09-17-2012 08:33 AM

So is this it? Just 6 of us?:eek:

quinnesec 09-17-2012 08:35 AM

I've never seen the tortillas that you mentioned, but I have a new favorite. I used to buy Joseph's Lavash, but lately I've replaced it with Joseph's Flatbread. My new favorite is toasted sesame seed, but they offer several others. They are soft and moist, made with flax and oat bran and they are pretty big so you could almost just use half. Here's the info: Low Fat Pita Bread - Flax Omega 3 Pita Bread - Square Lavash - Pancakes

I made a huge wrap today with tuna and tons of veggies and it was really delicious! :)

I buy them at Walmart near the deli. Nutritional info:

Calories: 100
Total fat: 3 g
Sat Fat: 0
Trans Fat: 0
Cholesterol: 0
Sodium: 260
Dietary Fiber: 3g
Sugars: 1 g
Protein: 8 g

quinnesec 09-17-2012 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 89208)
So is this it? Just 6 of us?:eek:

It sure is quiet! I'm stuck at my laptop today because it's been just pouring all day. I'd love to get outside and do some hiking but it looks like it's going to be like this all week. :mad:

Hey! What happened to Brees??? I lost 12 points on that game! Between that and the Vikings game, I lost my shirt! lol

jjrudd 09-17-2012 10:01 AM

Wow Quinn 3g of fiber, that's awesome. I live in Canada but next time I'm near walmart I will check it out.

01gt4.6 09-17-2012 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 89210)
Hey! What happened to Brees??? I lost 12 points on that game! Between that and the Vikings game, I lost my shirt! lol

I didn't even watch the game. I went for a bike ride. I'm guessing my 7-9 is looking better and better. Why wasn't I invited to come watch... the game?:eek:

cjohnson728 09-17-2012 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 89209)
I've never seen the tortillas that you mentioned, but I have a new favorite. I used to buy Joseph's Lavash, but lately I've replaced it with Joseph's Flatbread. My new favorite is toasted sesame seed, but they offer several others. They are soft and moist, made with flax and oat bran and they are pretty big so you could almost just use half. Here's the info: Low Fat Pita Bread - Flax Omega 3 Pita Bread - Square Lavash - Pancakes

I made a huge wrap today with tuna and tons of veggies and it was really delicious! :)

I buy them at Walmart near the deli. Nutritional info:

Calories: 100
Total fat: 3 g
Sat Fat: 0
Trans Fat: 0
Cholesterol: 0
Sodium: 260
Dietary Fiber: 3g
Sugars: 1 g
Protein: 8 g

Thanks. I may look for these for variety's sake.

I loved those tortillas. They used to have 71 calories, 8 g protein, and a whopping 12 g fiber, which I loved. Now they are 110 cals and 9 g fiber. And they were perfectly pliable the way they were...in fact, the best one out there, IMO. Oh well, we'll see what the new incarnation brings.

Plus also, the Ravens' result was embarrassing.

But my O's are still fighting for it :)! And on the west coast, which will make that sleep goal a challenge this week :mad:.

ToriD1012 09-17-2012 01:25 PM

Seein' as how my brotha from another motha didn't make me any goals, I guess I'll have to do it for myself.

Let's see....goals......

1: drink more water--no actual ounces, just more
2: no mindless eating
3: reign in the excitement of only 28 MORE DAYS TILL WHN COMES HOME!!!!

That's about it.....I think I can handle those. In fact, these may be my goals for the next month.

Mike, which goal you stealing from me? I'd say #3.....it's a good goal :cool:

belindasr 09-17-2012 03:28 PM

First time on the wagon

Hi Ladies!

My goals for this week are:
5 days of exercise
See a nutritionist
Eat clean
Say something affirming each day
Drink my water - gosh how can this be so difficult :eek:
Plan and cook my food in advance

01gt4.6 09-17-2012 03:43 PM

1. Eat 4 servings fruit/vegetables (Jenn) yes
2. Log everything. Everything (Cassie) yes
3. Take ALL vitamins and supplements; even the big, nasty ones. (Quinniepoo) yes
4. Dietary fiber 25g (Mern)25.6
5. keep (start) journalling (Judi) yes
6. reign in the excitement of only 28 MORE DAYS TILL WHN COMES HOME!!!! (Tori) yes (even though she called me a db):mad:
7. Drink my water (belinda) yes

Hunny24 09-17-2012 09:29 PM

I'm here Mikey! Ran 5 miles last night and ran home through the pouring rain through the last two. Sticking with my main goal of working out 4 days a week at least and have been 95% sticking to my eating healthy, low carb diet...except for the two glasses of wine and pretzels I had on Sunday night. Overall the weight is slowly coming off and I am feeling great. Started back at work today and got nothing but compliments on how I looked since I just had the baby 10 weeks ago. So that felt good for the ol' ego, even though I still have about 25 pounds to lose. :) Happy Monday...or Tuesday now everyone!

ToriD1012 09-18-2012 12:29 AM

1: drink more water--no actual ounces, just more--could have done better
2: no mindless eating--not horribly
3: reign in the excitement of only 28 MORE DAYS TILL WHN COMES HOME!!!!--YES!

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 89223)
reign in the excitement of only 28 MORE DAYS TILL WHN COMES HOME!!!! (Tori) yes (even though she called me a db):mad:

Ladies, trust me on this one, it was completely justified. He's just mad that I called it like I saw it and that I was right. That's how it goes wif family, doesn't matter how mad (or hurt, upset, or feeling left out) we may get, everything is said out of love. Even calling someone a giant DB....cause technically I called him a Giant DB. :D

cjohnson728 09-18-2012 01:01 AM

Hey, as long as the string of initials doesn't reach ten letters, I think it's nothing to take offense at, coming from Tori ;).

And speaking of initials, congrats on Who's Hot Now almost being Who's Home Now!!!!

Ann, nice job! I'm glad yesterday went well; I was thinking about you.

Belinda, welcome; glad to have you along!

cjohnson728 09-18-2012 01:11 AM

Mixed day yesterday:

1. Calorie limit 1200. 1193
2. Exercise 6 hours total.
3. Sleep at least 7 hours a night. 7.5
4. Log everything. Everything. Yes
5. Say one good thing that happened each day. Son got an invitation to NHS & application is being turned in today

judipurple 09-18-2012 02:05 AM

Numbers: Calories: 1,066 (oh well) Fats: 62.2 Carbs: 90.5 Proteins: 44.3

Cantaloupe and ice cream cake put me over the top for carbs, but failed to keep the total over 1200...

Journaled, moved more furniture in the living room, packed more of S2BX's stuff, kept the drama to a minimum (even when he was here:p), and actually slept through the night ! (Over the weekend, got all of 6 hours in a 48 hour period:()

Want to try to bring more attitude of gratitude in my daily dealings with people. For instance, this group right here - thank you all for being a solid presence, every day, bringing me to a better place just by signing in. You all provide support on this path we share, and a good chuckle daily (Mike? Tori? ;) ).

Well, got more tomatoes to cook and can (got a pot of barbeque sauce on the stove, waiting to be put into jars), so lemme get back at it. Catcha later!

01gt4.6 09-18-2012 02:50 AM

Save by the PB&J sammich. I ate one before bed and it brought my fiber up above 25g.

Ann, hey girl! Are you going to be doing the race with Tori, mh, Pam and myself?

jjrudd 09-18-2012 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by jjrudd (Post 89192)
Goals for the week...here goes...
1. Log everythingyes
2. Eat 4 servings fruit/vegetables4.5
3. Keep carb/protein within limit 120carb/60g protein140/55
4. Drink at least 6 glasses of water a daybarely but yes
5. Exercise(same goal)--didn't get enough last week so here's hoping for this week

Personal goals
1. WRITE. There is workshop at local library in 2 weeks and I want to have some stuff donedoes it count if it's still in my head?
2. Finish cleaning out spare room (I can at least see the top of the bed again :D )
3. Pull out weeds in driveway and front lawn...a job I hate :(
raining but I plan to cut front lawn and pull weeds tomorrow.Mike you can kick my butt if I don't
Jenn

Had to take books back to library and got Jillian Michaels book on metabolism. There is a thread where someone mentioned it. I also got another cookbook for Diabetics.

Mern 09-18-2012 03:07 AM

I'm here--crazy busy day already. Headed to the gym for elliptical and stationary bike, maybe some ab and back reps in the weight room.

Hunny24 09-18-2012 04:09 AM

Hey Mike. I would love to do the race but not sure I can get down there at that time since we might be having our huge sales conference around then. I'll let you know when it gets closer since I can just jump on a flight then and meet you guys there. Can you give me the dates again so I put it on the calendar?

rpmcduff 09-18-2012 04:14 AM

I have been lurking here for several weeks and last week I promised myself I would join in and post my own goals. This way Mike won't be the only one getting all the ladies attention or their wrath, lol. Work was crazy yesterday so I didn't even log into Fitday until today so I am already a day behind but here I go.
GOALS:
Join the 7 Day thread: Done
Calories < 1700: Monday 2235!,
Workout 3 days: NO,

cjohnson728 09-18-2012 04:48 AM

Welcome, Ron! High time we had some more testosterone around this place ;). Looking forward to seeing more of you!

Mern 09-18-2012 05:00 AM

Welcome, Ron! We're always glad to have new members. I'm sure Mike will love getting only half the wrath to which he is accustomed. LOL Best wishes on your goals.

Cassie, I got the same reply from Edgar Moreno and replied back that I'll stick with them while they're working on the new formula, but until they are able to make the Extreme Wellness Tortillas more healthful again, I'll be able to enjoy only half a tortilla per day because the current formula does not fit into my daily food targets to manage my health without medications. He shot me a note back that he hoped it would be very soon that I could enjoy a full burrito. :p

01gt4.6 09-18-2012 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 89254)
Looking forward to seeing more of you!

They said that to me once.... only once.:D:eek: Too bad the staple covered up my "prize" on my centerfold layout. :(

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 89257)
Welcome, Ron! We're always glad to have new members. I'm sure Mike will love getting only half the wrath to which he is accustomed. LOL Best wishes on your goals.

pfft, I can handle all y'all can dish out. That's why I'm trying to fill this wagon up!:)

jjrudd 09-18-2012 06:22 AM

Welcome Ron!

Ugh I could kick myself for stopping at coffee shop this morning. Why do I think I can somehow absorb the amount of carbs in the day by eating well for other meals? Too many calories too. AND to add insult...my Mom has to bring snack for her woman's group at church so she bought 3 boxes of squares. Ok rant time...why is it we don't seem to bring veggies and dip or fruit to social functions. If we go to a games night in the evening we have chips and pop. Oh well I think I can avoid having any if the squares are in the freezer.

Mern 09-18-2012 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 89259)
They said that to me once.... only once.:D:eek: Too bad the staple covered up my "prize" on my centerfold layout. :(

You are SO BAD! Go stand in the corner, young man! ;)

mrsrainh2o 09-18-2012 09:17 AM

Thanks for all the tips. My goal for what is left of this forum's week, Tuesday-Sunday, is to minimize carbohydrates.

cjohnson728 09-18-2012 09:22 AM

Hello mrsrainh2o!

Jenn, squares? What squares?

Mike, surely you don't mean to imply that what you've got can be covered by a staple, do you??? :eek:

rpmcduff 09-18-2012 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 89268)
Mike, surely you don't mean to imply that what you've got can be covered by a staple, do you??? :eek:

LOL!!!

Thanks, everyone for the welcomes!

judipurple 09-18-2012 09:44 AM

Hey Mike - musta been one of those industrial strength staples, eh? :D

Ron - proceed at your own risk! But, welcome to the madhouse! I think we can fit you in over near Mike on this wagon - sorry if you get beaned by a spitball - it was intended for Mike!:o

Today's numbers were MUCH better! I kept those carbs fairly low, and got the overall calorie count up.

Calories: 1,609 Fats: 105.0 Carbs: 53.9 Proteins: 120.4

Still have to journal for today - but actually have little to write, it being a rather uneventful day (thank goodness). S2BX came to bring #2 son to his GED class, and only pleasantries were exchanged. It's been rainy and very windy, and I keep waiting for the power to go out!

Mom is home now, and I'll be going there tomorrow with some soup for her and my dad, and will also bring #2 son to help with any heavy work (dad's back is out). Grateful that they arranged to have a visiting nurse come by to set up some help. She sounds more like herself (complaining about Dad;)), and that is a relief!

Ok, peoples, let's keep this week moving!

Mern 09-18-2012 09:54 AM

Msrain, so glad you joined us. There are several lowcarbers here, so you'll have a lot of diet AND low carb support.

Judi--so glad your Mom is home now.

I just realized I didn't post my Monday report yet. I guess I'll do it with my Tuesday report.

Might not seems like much of an accomplishment to you younger folks, but this is a major accomplishment for me. :) I had a personal best today on the elliptical at the gym that shut down several months ago when I exceeded my target heart rate by too much after only .12 miles. Doc told me to keep trying and when I can't do any more to hop on a stationary bike to finish out at least 30 minutes total. She doesn't want me doing any certain exercise more than twice per week, so I do the elliptical, bike, and ab machine on Tuesdays and Thursdays. A couple weeks ago I had to stop 6 or 7 times to get up to half a mile. Today I stopped only 3 times for 5-10 seconds each but probably didn't need the third stop. When I get up to half a mile with no stops, I'll start adding 1/10 mile at a time until I get up to a whole mile, then will decide if I want to add more distance or increase the intensity/resistance. Also added 5 lbs. to my ab machine resistance today--now doing 20 reps at 45 lbs. which I'm told is pretty good for a 218 lbs. 66 year old, 5 foot tall woman just starting out. I do a 45 minute cardio class on Monday and Friday. And Saturday I can do either 2 miles of aerobic walking or a nice strength training/resistance band, AbSlide, and jumping jacks workout. I take off exercise Wednesday and Sunday.

jjrudd 09-18-2012 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 89268)

Jenn, squares? What squares?

Ha Cassie, I was thinking that but couldn't bring myself to write it:p

Squares...one is called Lemonlicious and I think she got Tiger Brownies. Not sure...it's white and dark chocolate icing on top. I walked out of the kitchen when she was cutting them. Progress since I used to cut them and "even it off"