Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Hey Ladies, a new week is here! You know what time it is! >

Hey Ladies, a new week is here! You know what time it is!

Community
Notices

Hey Ladies, a new week is here! You know what time it is!

Old 09-18-2012, 05:00 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, Ron! We're always glad to have new members. I'm sure Mike will love getting only half the wrath to which he is accustomed. LOL Best wishes on your goals.

Cassie, I got the same reply from Edgar Moreno and replied back that I'll stick with them while they're working on the new formula, but until they are able to make the Extreme Wellness Tortillas more healthful again, I'll be able to enjoy only half a tortilla per day because the current formula does not fit into my daily food targets to manage my health without medications. He shot me a note back that he hoped it would be very soon that I could enjoy a full burrito.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:40 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Looking forward to seeing more of you!
They said that to me once.... only once. Too bad the staple covered up my "prize" on my centerfold layout.

Originally Posted by Mern
Welcome, Ron! We're always glad to have new members. I'm sure Mike will love getting only half the wrath to which he is accustomed. LOL Best wishes on your goals.
pfft, I can handle all y'all can dish out. That's why I'm trying to fill this wagon up!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 09-18-2012 at 05:45 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:22 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Ron!

Ugh I could kick myself for stopping at coffee shop this morning. Why do I think I can somehow absorb the amount of carbs in the day by eating well for other meals? Too many calories too. AND to add insult...my Mom has to bring snack for her woman's group at church so she bought 3 boxes of squares. Ok rant time...why is it we don't seem to bring veggies and dip or fruit to social functions. If we go to a games night in the evening we have chips and pop. Oh well I think I can avoid having any if the squares are in the freezer.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
They said that to me once.... only once. Too bad the staple covered up my "prize" on my centerfold layout.
You are SO BAD! Go stand in the corner, young man!
Old 09-18-2012, 09:17 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for all the tips. My goal for what is left of this forum's week, Tuesday-Sunday, is to minimize carbohydrates.

Last edited by mrsrainh2o; 09-23-2012 at 03:48 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

Hello mrsrainh2o!

Jenn, squares? What squares?

Mike, surely you don't mean to imply that what you've got can be covered by a staple, do you???
Old 09-18-2012, 09:39 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, surely you don't mean to imply that what you've got can be covered by a staple, do you???
LOL!!!

Thanks, everyone for the welcomes!
Old 09-18-2012, 09:44 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Mike - musta been one of those industrial strength staples, eh?

Ron - proceed at your own risk! But, welcome to the madhouse! I think we can fit you in over near Mike on this wagon - sorry if you get beaned by a spitball - it was intended for Mike!

Today's numbers were MUCH better! I kept those carbs fairly low, and got the overall calorie count up.

Calories: 1,609 Fats: 105.0 Carbs: 53.9 Proteins: 120.4

Still have to journal for today - but actually have little to write, it being a rather uneventful day (thank goodness). S2BX came to bring #2 son to his GED class, and only pleasantries were exchanged. It's been rainy and very windy, and I keep waiting for the power to go out!

Mom is home now, and I'll be going there tomorrow with some soup for her and my dad, and will also bring #2 son to help with any heavy work (dad's back is out). Grateful that they arranged to have a visiting nurse come by to set up some help. She sounds more like herself (complaining about Dad), and that is a relief!

Ok, peoples, let's keep this week moving!
Old 09-18-2012, 09:54 AM
FitDay Member

Msrain, so glad you joined us. There are several lowcarbers here, so you'll have a lot of diet AND low carb support.

Judi--so glad your Mom is home now.

I just realized I didn't post my Monday report yet. I guess I'll do it with my Tuesday report.

Might not seems like much of an accomplishment to you younger folks, but this is a major accomplishment for me. I had a personal best today on the elliptical at the gym that shut down several months ago when I exceeded my target heart rate by too much after only .12 miles. Doc told me to keep trying and when I can't do any more to hop on a stationary bike to finish out at least 30 minutes total. She doesn't want me doing any certain exercise more than twice per week, so I do the elliptical, bike, and ab machine on Tuesdays and Thursdays. A couple weeks ago I had to stop 6 or 7 times to get up to half a mile. Today I stopped only 3 times for 5-10 seconds each but probably didn't need the third stop. When I get up to half a mile with no stops, I'll start adding 1/10 mile at a time until I get up to a whole mile, then will decide if I want to add more distance or increase the intensity/resistance. Also added 5 lbs. to my ab machine resistance today--now doing 20 reps at 45 lbs. which I'm told is pretty good for a 218 lbs. 66 year old, 5 foot tall woman just starting out. I do a 45 minute cardio class on Monday and Friday. And Saturday I can do either 2 miles of aerobic walking or a nice strength training/resistance band, AbSlide, and jumping jacks workout. I take off exercise Wednesday and Sunday.

Last edited by Mern; 09-18-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:08 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn, squares? What squares?

Ha Cassie, I was thinking that but couldn't bring myself to write it

Squares...one is called Lemonlicious and I think she got Tiger Brownies. Not sure...it's white and dark chocolate icing on top. I walked out of the kitchen when she was cutting them. Progress since I used to cut them and "even it off"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.