Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 9/10/2012 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 9/10/2012

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 9/10/2012

Old 09-12-2012, 09:19 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Guys,

How is everyone??? Hi Mern! Hi Cassie! Hi all!

I haven't been around because of this nasty anti virus virus. Every time I logged on, I got it.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I have been trying to do some combo of Primal and Paleo - I call it Hope's Primeo.

Got my girl off to college and it went even better than I could have hoped for. Hope you all have been well.

Mike, you know you missed Tori. Sorry I haven't gotten to read any other posts. Tori hope you are OK.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:20 AM
FitDay Member

Oh Tori I have been there. Just think of it as putting one foot in front of the other.

Appointment went well. Dietician was impressed I am using food journal and that I know how many carbs are in different foods. Even the day dinner wasn't as healthy as I thought it could've been it wasn't as bad as I thought. Glucose numbers are good too. I even got a free pedometer since they had so many for prediabetes session and had some left over
Old 09-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Mike, you know you missed Tori. Sorry I haven't gotten to read any other posts. Tori hope you are OK.
nope, and if I did I wouldn't admit it.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

Hope, hi! I was wondering how things went...between you and Quinn, I am certainly heartened at what awaits me a few years from now .

Tori, good to see you; hang in there, baby!

Gotta run for now, making cookies for work tomorrow; they are almost as big as my head. This does not bode well.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:58 PM
FitDay Member

First, the numbers:

Calories: 1,202 Fats: 67.0 Carbs: 76.2 Proteins: 80.7

Better than it coulda been...thought I wouldn't see 500 cals...see below:

Had a bit of the day from hell...no. It was the day from hell. Got a call from my youngest sister that my mom's colonoscopy wasn't very routine...the doctor (tech?) punctured her colon. Which meant emergency surgery - where a (different) doctor had to remove the damaged portion of her colon. Now, my mom's a strong lady - but for crying out loud (and I did) - she's 80-effin' years old! And (naturally), I was in the middle of my route and couldn't do a damned thing. (being a bus driver and not a nurse or a doctor, I couldn't do anything anyway - but that's not the point )

Praise God, she came through it fine - but will be in the hospital for a while yet. I'll be going to see her this Saturday - damn, but I wish I could be there now. But my dad says she'll just be sleeping for a while, and my sisters will be tag-teaming the visits for Thursday and Friday.

Ok, Lord - this is two - what's gonna be the third?
Old 09-12-2012, 01:02 PM
FitDay Member

Judi I am so sorry about what happened to your Mom. I will say prayers for her.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:14 PM
FitDay Member

k-cano. Thanks for your reply on your treatment for bad back and hip bursitis. Wishing you a speedy recovery! Nice job on your goals. Some may disagree but a nurse who also writes a nutrition column in her local community newspaper told me that one can get many of the same vitamins from veggies that one can find in fruits. I love fruit, though, and try to get in some berries or melon (except for watermelon) daily--but I don't get very concerned if I can't fit it into my limit of 25g net carbs every single day.

Quinn, changing goals you know are about right would be dumb, so you're taking the smart route. Enjoy that fall cleaning--LOL on it possibly helping keep you out of the fridge. What are those grills for--to keep out bears or something? (Uhm--that's not a joke, but a serious question--we don't do window grills where I live.) Nice Monday and Tuesday reports! Wow--what a strange thing about whatever kind of allergic reaction you had. Could it have been some sort of airborn pollen type allergy or contact with some sort of plant after which you touched your face and/or eyes? Kudos on all the chores you got done! Very productive!

Hi, Mike. Best wishes on your goals this week and kudos on the loss, exercise, and patriotism. Thanks for your encouragment on shedding my regain. But get busy on those fruits and veggies, young man.

Tori, we're all rooting for you, too. Hang in there, kiddo. Things will get better--just takes time.

Hope, there was some kind of pop-up ad that my anti-virus program caught and blocked several times saying it was infected. I thought it was just an ad on my web browser since I didn't see mention of it in our group until you did. So sorry you caught that! Best wishes on Hope's Primeo. LOL I tried Paleo for a few days years ago and didn't have the courage to follow it. Kudos on getting DD off to college. Enjoy your added freedom.

Tracey, it's wonderful that you've continued to do weigh ins and exercise even while not being totally on track foodwise for the past two weeks. I'm right there with you with having gained a bit in the past few weeks. We'll get it off again soon--I know we can do it.

Judi, I certainly will keep your Mom in my prayers. What a horrible accident to be injured so during her colonoscopy! Great that you had some time to yourself while the kids played video games at a friend's house--at least you got a bit of reprieve before the other shoe dropped! LOL on comparing yourself to a barnacle--and being a barnacle is a GOOD THING, as Martha Stewart would say. Glad you had fun doing the salsa. Yeah, I had regained a little weight, too. Hey, raw corn is YUMMY! Kudos on those calories and carbs Monday. Best wishes on getting more of your preferred balance when your routine gets more regular. Thanks for your encouragement.

Cassie, did ya get enough to eat Monday on 806 calories? Kudos on your reports both days. I still find it hard to work my way up to 1300 calories on lower sat fat than I'm used to. Congrats on those 7 hours sleep in your Monday AND Tuesday reports. Way to go on enjoying some of your beautiful weather before tackling those reports. I hope you had fun baking the cookies. DH wants me to make him some more summer squash bread tomorrow. I think I'll make it into muffins for him and put half in the freezer. And for myself I think I'll try to make some almond cookies--a bit lower carb.

Jenn, congrats on a job well done under not so fun circumstances. And kudos for being grateful for your supportive friends and family. I'm glad your dietitian appointment went well. I'm looking forward to mine October 4. I know how to do my carbs-but I need more help on how to get up to my calorie range with reduced fat. I know I can do it.

Ann, how many carbs and calories are in "crap?" LOL Kudos on all your progress so far. You've come a long way since your son was born.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:22 PM
FitDay Member

Too many to count Mern!! I am sure the scale will be affected so not weighting myself until the end of the week. Did another 4 mile run tonight and felt good. Going to see if I can do 5 by the end of the week but we'll see.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

Egad, I'm tired. Hope to be more chatty soon. Good to see you all, and especially welcome back to those who have been on a break. Missed you!

1. Calorie limit 1200. 806, 1197 (whew!), 1269
2. Balance pie chart & follow fiber/fat guidelines. Yes, Yes, Not awesome
3. Drink 72 oz. fluid, at least. 89, 69 (counting it), 76
4. Sleep 7 hours. 7, 7, 5
5. Exercise 6 hours total for the week. 2 hours, 30 min, 90 min
6. Eat at least 4 fruits/veggies per day. 5, 4, 3
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes
8. Eat clean. Yes, Pretty good, Not exactly
9. Log everything and post goal progress daily. Yes, Yes, Yes

Okay, so today's report is not so great, actually. However, since I made deluxe cookies and only ate 2 (regular-sized, and some cookie dough from the beaters...which is listed in my log!) and kept to 1269 calories, I'm calling a win. I blew the pie chart proportions, didn't get my RDA of fiber, and can't say I ate "clean," but I pushed it during my workout so I hope it balanced out. I think the biggest success was mental, though...I didn't eat the cookies and think, "screw it, it's time for pantry buffet." Finally.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:41 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Report:

Down 2 lbs. Must have been mostly water because I awoke to "drain" several times last night.

Calorie average 1300-1400 1394, 1311, 1366
Dietary cholesterol average 250mg or less 266mg, 256mg, 175mg.--average now a green 230mg.
Saturated fat average 10% or less of total calories 11%, 7%, 4%
Net carbs after deducting fiber 25g 20g, 21g, 25g
Fiber minimum 25g 32g, 39g, 51g
Protein average 120g or more 149g, 167g, 176g
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, scheduled day off
Water 64 oz. YES, YES, YES
Morning and evening supplements YES, YES, YES
Nutritious snack that won't take me off target
Monday: celery with peanut butter and a flaxmeal muffin
Tuesday: flaxmeal muffin and protein shake
Wednesday: tuna salad and small protein shake

Last edited by Mern; 09-13-2012 at 03:19 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.