Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 9/10/2012

Old 09-15-2012, 06:41 AM
FitDay Member

Girls day out today. Had half of a really big waffle with fruit on top for breakfast. Walked around the mall. Bought present for niece's baptism and card (4.69 for a card is outrageous!!).
Lunch was half a turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread and apple. Not logging today but at least I had two servings of fruit so far!! And no Mike I haven't gotten my water in unless you count the water it takes to make coffee
Old 09-15-2012, 07:39 AM
FitDay Member

I need to exercise and don't feel like it--kinda sleepy today. Don't feel like going to the gym or doing my whole Walk Away the Pounds for Abs aerobic walking DVD, either. I think I'll just do a mixed bag today. First I'll see if I can find a step aerobics demo online to do without the step, then add just one mile of my DVD, some jumping jacks, and AbSlide machine reps to total 30 minutes of exercise. Now that I've said it, I guess I'll have to follow through so I can come back here and give myself a BIDIA award. For the newbies, that stands for ...But I Did It Anyway.

Jenn, nice to have a girls day out. Kudos on the fruit and on that low fat, nutritious lunch. I need to join you on working on the water--all I had today was coffee, also. Geez, I thought $3.49 for the Justin Bieber birthday card I couldn't resist for my soon-to-be 11 year old GD was expensive. For $4.69 I'd expect a key to the Pearly Gates in that baptismal card.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, awesome job on the cardio.

Judi, I guess S2BX stuck? Haha. I may have missed it but what's your plan on getting into the dating scene again? Are you going to try something like match.com, have friends or coworkers hook you up? I can imagine getting back in can be scary, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:35 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, thanks for your encouragement on my exercise.

I got my exercise done--did find a 10 minute beginner step aerobics demo online and used a shallow step in my sunken living room which worked well, especially considering my basement vision blind spots from glaucoma. I knew where the step was and that it wouldn't move, so I knew I wouldn't fall. But I was only able to complete the first 4 minutes because my hips got tired. Finished up the other 26 minutes with moves I know from my cardio class at the Y and from my aerobic walking DVD, some power walking in place, and some AbSlide reps.

Wishing everyone a great Sunday!
Old 09-16-2012, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

Well finally used a gift card to get a massage and my nails done yesterday afternoon. So that was a great way to spend the day. Too bad I came home to the house in a disaster but I guess that's the price you pay when you leave dad in charge for a few hours.

Going to push myself and do 5 miles today. Really want to try and make my next goal for another 10 pounds by the time my daughter's birthday comes around. I looked great in her birthday pics from her 1st birthday and would like to do the same this time...although I still won't be at that same weight as those pics...but at least closer than I am now!

Great work Mern on working out anyways. Anytime I don't feel like doing anything, I always feel great that I did at the end. And I'm sure you do too. Keep up the good work!
Old 09-16-2012, 02:41 AM
Super Moderator

Ladies, I know I'm a little late with this, but for those that are interested. YouTube - GoPro Time Lapse Floor Tile

Ann, you really are killing the miles. Congrats and the next 10 will be gone in no time with your dedication.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

Ann, what a nice gift card. Had to chuckle--I remember so well what it was like when I was younger, left DH in charge, and came home to find the house looking like I hadn't straightened or cleaned for days. I hope you get your five miles in. I'll bet you'll look great in DD's birthday pics. Thanks for your encouragement on my exercise. Today was my scheduled day off exercise, but in trying to come up with ideas for exercise to do at home, I wound up doing 25 minutes of strength training with resistance cords. I'll add another five minutes of something else and use that for my Saturday exercise at home for a while--hopefully that will prevent the dread I felt yesterday.

Mike, I watched your hurricane time lapse video when you posted it, but something is changed on my computer, I guess, and I can't bring up the tile video. I watched a couple other videos on YouTube this morning and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong now. I'll figure it out.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, try this one GoPro Time Lapse Floor Tile - YouTube