FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 9/10/2012 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/8201-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-9-10-2012-a.html)

cjohnson728 09-10-2012 01:26 PM

Public Service Announcement:

I originally just vented to Mern via PM, but she reminded me that she and I have recommended this to others, so I'm posting it here.

For anyone who's enjoyed the Ole Extreme Wellness High-Fiber, Low-Carb tortillas, either they have changed their formula or the package labeling has changed to reflect what would have been incorrect nutritional information listed previously. The calories have gone up (by 40!), the fiber has gone down, the protein has gone down, and the fat has gone up.

Not cool.

So, if you are a fan of these, double check and adjust your custom food.

Thanks, Mern, for the reminder that made me realize we did recommend these here on the boards ;).

quinnesec 09-10-2012 02:15 PM

Quick check-in, then off to bed. I have 10 grills (for windows) to paint in the morning... ugh.

1. LOG EVERYTHING, no matter how small. Yes
2. Calories under 1100. 1210
3. NO breads, cheese or deep-fried ANYTHING!!! A little mozzarella
4. Take ALL vitamins and supplements; even the big, nasty ones. Yes
5. 3-4 fruits and veggies a day. 3
6. Be grateful, humble and patient with everyone... no matter how hard. lol Yes

Judi, Well, I'm afraid my halo of "grateful, humble and patient" was probably tarnished when my beloved Packers took a nosedive on Sunday. LOL (...and Mike's Saints :() If I could only learn to be patient with the NFL, but that will never happen! ;)

cjohnson728 09-10-2012 03:37 PM

Check-in:

1. Calorie limit 1200. 806
2. Balance pie chart & follow fiber/fat guidelines. Yes
3. Drink 72 oz. fluid, at least. 89
4. Sleep 7 hours. 7
5. Exercise 6 hours total for the week. 2 hours
6. Eat at least 4 fruits/veggies per day. 5
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes
8. Eat clean. Yes
9. Log everything and post goal progress daily. Yes

Heading for bed myself...got out long enough for a hike up the mountain today and the weather was gorgeous :). And then my postdocs hit me with 6 reports this evening, beginning at about 5. Fun's over for now :(.

I hope all of you had a lovely Monday!

Mern 09-11-2012 02:02 AM

UGH! I was dismayed to get on the scale today to find I regained 3.5 lbs. Hopefully my new goals (ditching the TLC diet) and new exercise will help me start losing again.

Monday Report:

Calorie average 1300-1400 1394
Dietary cholesterol average 250mg or less 266mg
Saturated fat average 10% or less of total calories 11%
Net carbs after deducting fiber 25g 20g even
Fiber minimum 25g 32g
Protein average 120g or more 149g
Exercise 5 days YES
Water 64 oz. YES
Morning and evening supplements YES
Nutritious snack that won't take me off target
Monday: celery with peanut butter and a flaxmeal muffin

jjrudd 09-11-2012 02:05 AM

1. Log everything--yes
2. Drink 7 glasses of water--no
3. Stay within carb limit--trying for 120 and was 140
4. Exercise at least 30 mins 5x--20min
5. Be gentle with myself. Know it's going to be an emotional week and just go with the flow. And as an aside not to take it out on other people!!--keeping busy :)
6. Be grateful for what I have (wonderful friends, a family that loves me and the most adorable niece)
7. Tidy bedroom!!!--working on it

Mern 09-11-2012 02:23 AM

Cassie, I have thought of the names of five relatives and friends not on the board to whom I recommended the Xtreme Wellness Hi-Fiber Low Carb Tortillas because of diets they follow. So I will be making phone calls or sending emails to those people. I will also be checking my nutrition tracker to compare Xtreme Wellness to the nutrition facts for LaBanderita low carb tortillas I used to eat.

Headed for the gym. Will be back later to try to catch up.

01gt4.6 09-11-2012 02:38 AM

I'm setting the goals for Tori and myself

Mike
1) Post starting weight- 185.6 pounds
2) Lose 1.5% (2.8 pounds)- -.4
3) No eating past bedtime- I ate
4) Gym x 3- off
5) Gallon of water a day- yes
DONE6) Tuesday 9/11 (give blood, hang an American flag, do something to remember the day that we were attacked on our own soil)- yes, I hung a flag (and may buy a stars and stripe helmet)
7) 4 fruits/veggies a day- no

Tori
1) Post starting weight-
2) Lose 1 pound-
3) Walk 1/4 mile for every cigarette-
4) 80 oz water-
5) Tuesday 9/11 (remember)-
6) 2 fruits/veggies a day-

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...Picture019.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...cture018-1.jpg

k-cano 09-11-2012 06:05 AM

New to the group. Struggling big time with eating sweets.
This last weekend we flew kite on the beach and when for a bike ride. A lot more active than usual. Of course it flared up hip bursitis and low back pain.
This week I want to focus on:
Logging daily
8 glasses water
2 fruits 2 veggies
journal

cjohnson728 09-11-2012 06:09 AM

Welcome, k-cano! Glad to have you along!

Your goals sound good :). Looking forward to chatting with you.

Mern 09-11-2012 07:38 AM

Hi, k-cano. Welcome. :) I agree your goals look nice. What do you do for your hip bursitis? I've had it in my shoulder and did physical therapy for it using stretch bands, but I don't know about hips. Building up my walking stamina a little at a time--adding just 1/10 mile at a time--tremendously helped with my lower back pain. There was a time I couldn't even stand for more than five minutes--now I can walk 45 minutes with no pain at all. :) What is your plan for easing the bursitis and back pain?