Notices

50 pound club

Old 01-07-2010, 02:48 AM
FitDay Member

Default 50 pound club

I love watching The Biggest Loser, and getting motivation from the show, but I feel that the majority of the overweight people in the United States are 35-50 lbs overweight.

I have been visiting the Fitday website since 2007! I have not lost any weight.

Today I did something different. Instead of putting in my ideal goal weight, I put in a realistic 3 week goal! Perhaps I will be able to stick to the diet and not be so overwhelmed if I am not thinking in huge numbers!

I have to do this day by day.

I would like to lose 50 lbs. That is my goal.

Anybody else?
Old 01-07-2010, 03:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sharonlee0827
I love watching The Biggest Loser, and getting motivation from the show, but I feel that the majority of the overweight people in the United States are 35-50 lbs overweight.

I have been visiting the Fitday website since 2007! I have not lost any weight.

Today I did something different. Instead of putting in my ideal goal weight, I put in a realistic 3 week goal! Perhaps I will be able to stick to the diet and not be so overwhelmed if I am not thinking in huge numbers!

I have to do this day by day.

I would like to lose 50 lbs. That is my goal.

Anybody else?
When I began my weight loss journey I knew I had over 150 lbs to loose. It seemed overwhelming and impossible. Ofter over the years I would say what's the use I'll never get there. My stinkin-thinkin was focusing on the "there". It changed for me when I started looking at what healthy choices could I make for today, just today. Today is manageable, today is a small enough goal that I don't get overwhelmed and when I string together all my today's they equal health and wellness. Its been over 3 years and I've lost 155lbs with 24 more to go, and today looks pretty good!
Old 01-07-2010, 05:57 PM
FitDay Member

Default 50 pounds plus

Hello, ladies! I actually started out with the burden of 100 pounds, managed to take off half of it, over the course of a couple years. Joined fitday about a year ago, and with a great deal of walking, dropped some 20 pounds. Then backslid about 6 months ago, to the tune of 15 regained pounds. Pretty disgusted with myself right now, but determined to get back on the horse, so to speak. It's very hard for me to acknowledge that I managed to keep off 35 pounds, when all I can see is the surplus that I still have hanging around. Breaking it down into more manageable "bites" (no pun intended) makes better sense, and is more realistic.

This is my seventh straight day of working out, and that alone is noteworthy for someone like me, who'd rather not be bothered. I don't hit it hard every day, I do alternate with lighter workouts, so it doesn't all get too monotonous. Just need to keep focused on one day at a time, and not allow myself to get too crazy with it all. Hoping to find the support I need to keep me going. Thanks for listening and sharing your thoughts!
Old 01-13-2010, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

Hello Ladies,

I am right here with you, i started a lifestyle change last week and so far Ive been doing ok, I haven't weighed my self yet, but I feel like its all about changing my life. I need to lose 50lbs, but I've given myself a year to do so, i do have smaller goals throught the year I would love to be able to go to the beach and the pool and not be so self concious of how I look in the bathing suit this summer.
This year will be a year of changes!

Good luck to all of you, and lets keep each other posted on successes!
Old 01-14-2010, 07:16 AM
FitDay Member

Hi I need to lose 80#'s and like you I sometimes feel like it will never happen. So I'm also starting with a smaller goal of 20# and continuing on from there. Just stick with it - keep journaling and blogging it's a great way to network with others who feel the same way and it keeps our hands busy ha-ha! Be kind to yourself!
Old 01-14-2010, 11:52 AM
FitDay Member

Evening Ladies,

I just found this forum a little bit ago after joining Fid Day back in July. I want to loose 50 pounds. Lost 10 is all so far. I believe I have done pretty well staying on the wagon. Trying to keep in the 1200 calorie range. Need to do something different as 10 pounds in almost 6 months seems so slow. I am getting discourgaed. I have no real desire to eat more and sometimes I have to force myself to eat more to get up to the 1200 calories. Trying to keep the fat and carbs down. Need to work on offing the carbs more.

Not exercising much lately due to a medical issue but should be better soon. I am still walking daily.

Thanks for being here and I hope we can help each other along if nothing else then with encouragement.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:22 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies
I discovered FitDay today and knew this would be the way to get me motivated.
I have about 45 lbs to lose, the same 45 lbs I've been procrastinating over the last couple of years.
I moved to Canada from England a few years back weighing 130 lbs (I'm 5'4"). But, naturally the North American diet has caused me to shoot up to 165 lbs. I'm looking to get down to 120 (which would be fantastic) but I have so much trouble staying motivated and committing myself.

Going to North Carolina in the summer, so I need to feel comfortable in a new bikini by then

Watch this space ...
Good luck to everyone!
Old 01-20-2010, 04:14 AM
FitDay Member

Hello ladies:

I too would love to lose 50 lbs. I'm currently at 187. almost all my wieght is in my mommy tummy. I have been doing crunches so hopefully my tummy will start to shrink. Today I'm really not feeling like doing my cardio but you never know, I might feel like it later.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default New kid on the block!

Hi everyone,

First day on the Fit Day! I also need to lose the mommy belly, I would love to lose 45 pounds. I need alot of support I do real well for a week then the chocolate takes over. I am cigarette free for 114 days now it's time to focus on the weight!
Old 01-20-2010, 12:53 PM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone,

I started using fitday because of a class and I love it just haven't done well with committing. its hard looking at what you ate and why you are the sum total of it! I am so tired of being over weight so I am willing to suck it up! I am currently 229.5 pounds and I want to loose about 55 pounds. I like the one day at a time thing that is the only way to do it cause it is very overwhelming when I think about how big I have gotten. I just had a baby 6 months ago and my goal is to be down 30 pounds by her birthday in July. Not sure if it is realistic but I am trying!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.