FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Hi I am new and need to lose weight. (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/8166-hi-i-am-new-need-lose-weight.html)

indark2 09-01-2012 03:11 PM

Hi I am new and need to lose weight.

Looking for people who want to talk occasionally about my and their weight problem. I feel alone and I don't have anyone to help me, motivate me or exercize with me. So I thought online frienships might help anyone interested e-mail me. :D

traceymc1985 09-01-2012 08:05 PM

Hi there- please dont feel alone and we are all here to help you through to feeling fanastic. Log on to the forums and post every step of the way anytime.
Ive been through the ups and downs countless times and here on fitday ive been helped and pulled through it.
Now we can help you do the same and come out of the dark and into the sunshine!

hellbe 09-01-2012 11:51 PM

Hi all.. just joined today...Ineed some motivation to get back on track..ive lost 2 and half stone over two years and need to lose another 12ilbs.I love exersice and go to a class twice a week, but need to do more to tone up..Any tips and advice on keeping at it is greatly appreciated:rolleyes:

kylz01 09-02-2012 01:52 AM

Hi. I just joined as well. I moved interstate for my hubby's work so do not have any family here. Now my hubby is travelling around the state for work so is often not home making me feel like a single mum to my three girls. The town we live in, most of the mums with kids the same age as my kids are 10+ years younger than me so I don't really have any close friends. Would be happy to chat with you about weight problems but this is my first time trying to lose weight so would probably just be a good listener rather than any actual help to you. I currently weigh 84 kg (185lb) and want to get down to 58kg (128lb) which is about the middle of my healthy weight range. Was hoping to lose 14kg (30lb) by the end of the year but think that might be a bit optimistic as I need to get my eating under control and start exercising before I can hope to see any real results. Tracking my calories has been a real eye-opener but think I may have to actually plan my meals beforehand and stick to them as I tend to eat and then check the calories for my food log and think "Wow, that's heaps higher than I thought". Am also thinking that I might have to get some reading glasses to read the nutritional information on my packaged foods!

tonysgdbg 09-09-2012 12:43 AM

Welcome! I joined FitDay about a week ago and have been in the site/forums trying to figure out what might work for me as well. You are definitely not alone in your weight loss goal. I'm here to talk about weight issues and regular life stuff if you need an e-friend to chat with; in return I may need some motivation on the days when I just don't feel like working out or eating healthy :)

rpmcduff 09-10-2012 03:28 AM

Indark2, Traceymc, hellbe, kylz01:
Come join us in the 'Did you exercise today' thread in the exercise forum. I great way to stay accountable and get motivation from others working toward similar goals!

tonysfdbg;
I've already seen you in the thread I mentioned above. Don't be a stranger!

Rubystars 09-10-2012 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by kylz01 (Post 88525)
Tracking my calories has been a real eye-opener but think I may have to actually plan my meals beforehand and stick to them as I tend to eat and then check the calories for my food log and think "Wow, that's heaps higher than I thought". Am also thinking that I might have to get some reading glasses to read the nutritional information on my packaged foods!

Don't forget drinks. I used to enjoy those Arizona drinks in the grape, watermelon, and other flavors and I found out they have as many calories as a full meal. I had no idea how many calories they had in them before I looked. I mean, I could read the number, but it was meaningless to me as I had no idea how much food the number corresponded to.

One of the benefits of tracking your foods and other caloric intake is that it lets you come to an understanding of how much food that "300 calories" for example should represent. You can begin to visualize for example 300 calories worth of vegetables versus 300 calories worth of sugar drink versus a 300 calorie frozen dinner, etc. and begin to make better choices that will be more filling.