Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/27/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/27/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/27/12

Old 08-28-2012, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
I think you missed the GD at the beginning, but everything else looks about right

Sorry I've been MIA, didn't have a good weekend and it's spilled over into the week. Not to mention there is a certain DA who didn't listen to reason, and he's sending me videos of a little "wind storm". And now there's a nice sized hole in the floor at WHN's. There's been, what the landlord called, a "weak spot" near the washer. Well, the "weak spot" is now a lovely hole in the floor. We've (me and WHN's sister) have been trying to get ahold of the landlord for over a week, but he hasn't answered any phone calls. Well, tonight, WHN's niece was going to get her clothes out of the dryer and fell through the floor. She's all of 5'2", 85 lbs. She's a TINY little thing, and she fell through the floor. Tells me that the "weak spot" was basically tile over a hole And then as I was getting ready for bed, I heard a thump, and noticed the washer had sunk a little. We shimmied the washer out of it's home and then WHN's sister fell through the floor too. The landlord finally answered the phone tonight and is supposed to come out some time tomorrow. Looks like, on top of finding a job when he gets home, WHN and I are going to be house or apartment hunting too. When it rains, it pours......
Awww how sweet, I get my very own acronym!

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Well, I guess if he is sending you vids, he is not dead. I've been checking FD and FB and the morgue (ok, just kidding about that last one) to see if he's posted anything since landfall, but nada!
I've posted these since landfall.
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
We are starting to feel the effects of the hurricane.

We still have power, we have had pretty good winds and light rain.
Cassie, that sounds about right.

Judi, I can only think of something simple, but you may not like it. I was thinking S2BX for soon to be ex.
I had to make a promise not to die, so I guess I'll be around for a while.

Originally Posted by kayla.underhill
Hello ladies and Mike. I'm checking in, even though I don't want to. Today was a total wash. Absolutely ridiculous. Dairy Queen was involved, need I say more? I think not. Anyway, that just means I can't cheat Sunday. I'm totally broke anyway, so I can't afford unhealthy food. Oh well, it will be better tomorrow. I'm not gonna beat myself up over it.
Ummm was that a Blizzard that you had?!?!?!
Old 08-28-2012, 04:01 PM
FitDay Member

Well, I guess if he is sending you vids, he is not dead. I've been checking FD and FB and the morgue (ok, just kidding about that last one) to see if he's posted anything since landfall, but nada!

Sorry about your house problems! I hope nobody was hurt! But how fun will it be to go look for a place together ??
nope, he's not dead. I told him I might even be upset if he dies....maybe

new home hunting has been on the agenda, just not so soon. we had hoped to be able to stay here longer and save some $$ (rent here is dirt cheap, and it's on a well so water is included in the electric bill), but I just don't see that happening. between the spiders from hell, and the hole in the floor, I just don't see staying here very long. oh, and the Jassimonster isn't welcome here, that's a big "we need to find somewhere else to live" for me.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

Ah, I get it. Thought I was missing some hurricane videos. Like, real hurricane...not songs about hurricanes .

So, here was today:

1. Calorie limit 1300. 1282, 1264
2. Balance pie chart & follow fiber/fat guidelines. Yes, Yes
3. Drink 72 oz. fluid, at least. 72, 72
4. Sleep 7 hours. 5.5, 7
5. Exercise 6 hours total for the week. 60 min., 30 min.
6. Eat at least 4 fruits/veggies per day. 4, 3
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes
8. Eat clean. Fair, Good
9. Log everything and post goal progress daily. Yes, Yes

Tracey, I'm sorry you're in a slump. Feel free to vent whenever you need to. I'm sure each one of us can relate to at least one (or more) parts of your post.

Judi, glad you enjoyed the heck out of your dinner. Sounds like a peaceful evening for you.

Mern, glad today went more smoothly. Practice makes it easier .

Ama, nice willpower!

nobe, you didn't miss by much, girl!

Kayla, tomorrow is another day. Blank food log and all!

Very wise point, frenchhen, very wise.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 08-28-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

Ah, I get it. Thought I was missing some hurricane videos. Like, real hurricane...not songs about hurricanes .
Oh I see. I'll post some up in a day or two.

The wind is WHIPPING now. I can hear it howling outside my window. 15 minutes ago it wasn't so bad, which is good b/c I took Mytsie out so she could go potty. I still have power!!
Old 08-28-2012, 05:24 PM
FitDay Member

Mike Glad to hear all is well, stay safe.

Judi Nice picture hope your vacation is sooner than later.

Mern Thanks for the hug.

Frenchhen I had a salad (raspberry dressing)and a cup of vegetable beef soup I figured outside the sodium (which was probably insane) it was a pretty safe restaurant lunch. Oh my I get the taking care of yourself after everyone else, putting myself first is easier said than done most of the time.

Ama Way to go one avoiding the Chinese food!

Tori Collapsing floors sounds worrisome hope everyone is ok who fell through.

Cassie Nice blue day.

Busy day didn’t get home until a few minutes ago but I got my squats and abs in between work and my meeting and I logged my food and I am saying hi so outside of the poor English and run on sentence all in all stayed healthy lifestyle focused today. Night everyone

Goals:
Walk 15k: M=3.1k,T=0
Exercise 2 days: M=N, T=N
Squats 4 days: M=Y, M=Y
Ab work 4 days: M=Y, M=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1255, T=1249
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-756, T=-683
No sugar: M=N, T=Y
Old 08-28-2012, 11:30 PM
Super Moderator

Our power flickered at 6:11am and has been back on. it was enough to wake me up to send me out to set up the camera. The wind and rain for us isn't bad at all. Chloe' and Mytsie are handling it like champs. No barking whatsoever, they are just chilling. All I can say is for us, it looks much worse on tv.

The rain hasn't been bad, just steady. No flooding for me at all, not even street flooding! I do wish the rain would go away, because when I finally get around to being able to cut my grass, it will be a forest.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:54 PM
Super Moderator

Dammit! The power just went out.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:15 AM
Super Moderator

Dammit! The power just went out.

NOT an excuse to eat everything in the fridge/freezer!
Old 08-29-2012, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator

NOT an excuse to eat everything in the fridge/freezer!
Says who?
Old 08-29-2012, 12:49 AM
Super Moderator

Says who?
Someone trying to remid herself that frozen yogurt would not be an appropriate breakfast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.