Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/27/12

Old 08-28-2012, 01:58 AM
FitDay Member

Frenchhen, thanks for your kind words, but I don't really know a whole lot about computers. I'm self taught and know just enough to get along. When I have a problem I spent a lot of time searching the Internet for solutions and follow suggestions that seem to be from reliable sources. It's hit and miss, trial and error, but so satisfying when I either find the solution or a way to work around it. LOL-I doubt that Mike is embarrassed about the high bust measurement. With my huge belly I don't take measurements because I find it too discouraging--maybe I will someday, but I have read that under 35 inches reduces one's risk of heart disease. Great Monday report. Good honesty point. I think a lot of women are geared that way--more nurturing to family and pets (which ARE also family) than to themselves.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

Mern: I HATED taking my first measurements. It was awful and made my eyes go buggy. (And a little "leaky".) But I am glad now that I did. I also, gasp, have pictures of me in my bathing suit from THE REAR!!! Each month I take another picture in that SAME SUIT, standing in the same spot of my house from the rear! So even on months that I don't see scale progress I see changes, and changes that I CANNOT see day to day. Something also is a bit comforting about the photos from the back, there is no judgement. I can't not like my hair, or can't think, ugh what a goofy expression, or anything. It is all truth back there. And it is a picture of me, turning my back from the "old me".
Old 08-28-2012, 02:11 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by frenchhen3
Mern: I HATED taking my first measurements. It was awful and made my eyes go buggy. (And a little "leaky".) But I am glad now that I did. I also, gasp, have pictures of me in my bathing suit from THE REAR!!! Each month I take another picture in that SAME SUIT, standing in the same spot of my house from the rear! So even on months that I don't see scale progress I see changes, and changes that I CANNOT see day to day. Something also is a bit comforting about the photos from the back, there is no judgement. I can't not like my hair, or can't think, ugh what a goofy expression, or anything. It is all truth back there. And it is a picture of me, turning my back from the "old me".
Good for you!!! I recommend that everyone do it, no matter how painful it may be!
Old 08-28-2012, 02:17 AM
Super Moderator

It just now started to rain. I have my camera setup so I can begin filming later. I have it pointed at two big pine trees. We have had a bunch of rain over the past week so the ground is really saturated. I'm sure that the rain will be to blame for trees coming down.

I'll try to stay focus and give some good updates, but I guess I can always blame is on my A.D.D.
BTW ^ is an awesome song!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 08-28-2012 at 02:23 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:11 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Tuesday everyone! Sorry if I missed anybody – quick trip through the posts this morning...

Mike – Ever thought of a second career as a storm chaser? The camera guys seem to have the most fun. Be careful!

Frenchhen – I have never done measurements, but back around 2000, I did the Body for Life program with a friend and took a picture in a bikini holding a newspaper up. Geez I wonder what ever happened to that!?! I like your pics from the back, never thought of doing that but it makes perfect sense!

Nobe – Great start to your week! Nice green!

Kayla – Lots of green! YAY!

Darlene – Lots of turquoise! YAY!

Judi – Sedona… I hear that is a magical place. I would love to go there someday as well!

Mern – Today you will rock those numbers and go green – you’re doing great, especially considering the shake-up you have had in your diet. Keep up the good work!

Ann – Happy Belated Birthday!!! Good job at the gym!
Old 08-28-2012, 05:16 AM
FitDay Member

Goals week of August 27th
1. Focus on whole foods. Mostly
2. Water (70oz min). Yes
3. Gym 2x this week. Not yet.
4. Core exercises at home on non-gym days. No
5. Start another item on my long-standing to-do list. Joined NAEP (a good career move).
6. Positive thinking! Yes

Yesterday I walked through the conference room around 1pm and there were 5 trays of left-over Chinese food and a big container of sweet n’ sour sauce available to anyone for the taking. GAHHH… Fortunately I had already had a “healthy” lunch and was not the least bit hungry or tempted! I did not do sooo great at dinner though. DS wanted Mac and Cheese. At least it was a gluten free, and had no preservatives (Annie’s Brand), which was good. I made a healthy fresh corn salad to go with it. A few chocolate squares for dessert and overall I did pretty good yesterday!

Ama
5’6” 39yo
Maintaining with a Vengeance (within a 3lb range)
Old 08-28-2012, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by amalthea1892

Mike – Ever thought of a second career as a storm chaser? The camera guys seem to have the most fun. Be careful!
That would be awesome!

It is clear and breezy now. The storm was recently upgraded to a Cat 1 Hurricane.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:51 AM
FitDay Member

I truly appreciate the suggestions on measurements and on the picture taking--great for those who want it, but it's not for me. I've seen myself in a mirror stark naked including the backside--that image is ingrained in my head and do have pics of myself clothed at my highest weight. I don't want any more humilitiation, and I don't want any reminders when I reach goal weight.

Ama, thanks so much for your encouragement. It really means a lot to me. Your report was really nice yesterday. Kudos on avoiding the food. I must admit I'd have given in to the leftover Chinese food even if I wasn't hungry at all.

Mike, stay safe while getting that footage!

Last edited by Mern; 08-28-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:34 AM
FitDay Member

Default Slowly and steady

Hi everyone-thanks so much fo the encouragement
I will definately try the food telling off!! I should do that when im in the supermarket too so it stops me putting it in the trolley!!

I started this journey July 2009 but ive always been aware of how big i was, just didnt try hard enough. Nothing stuck to make me really want to do it. I knew i was upset everyday with my size but i just wanted to eat everything in sight. It was the same greed thats yet again come back. Id be embarrassed to say what i remember eating in one day but it still didnt stop me. I mean id have a whole casserlole dish of pasta bake just for me and eat so much more before and after that. Id eat like 6 pork chops to myself at 11pm.

It took for my dad to suffer a heart attack. He is still with us but he was only 49 when it happened and it scared me- i didnt want it to happen to me and what if i wasnt lucky to survive. With my serious stress levels i put myself at higher risk and i wanted to change. As each dress size i went down i got more confident and i seen food as my enemy. I still had a bad relationship with food just in a different manner.

I stayed at 12 stone for a year or so going up and down a few pounds or so but still looked and still do look at myself in a really negative way. Surrounded by slim family and friends i always feel like the FAT one and can never relax. Its not their fault- im not made to feel like that on purpose, my boyfriend is such a support and constantly tells me he loves me and loves my body commenting on how far ive come. I know putting it in reality ive come a long way but its just so hard to TRULY feel like that rather than just say it because it makes sense.

I know that when im doing great i feel great- like nothing can stop me then this happens and i go back to all the negative. I dont have a happy medium.

Im bridesmaid to my sisters wedding in March next year and i want to enjoy the day feeling happy. I hate my body so much now i want surgery. The size is better but its all the loose skin on my arms, belly and my legs are bigger and out of proportion. I lost 3 and a half stone in 5 months in the beginning. No exercise and its taken its toll. More regret- i wish i knew how important exercise is!

I will treat myself to a little something when i get to a point i feel better about myself- me and my friend are going to go to a day spa just to relax so maybe i can book that when i feel happy again.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, not saying this is you... But for me I was glad I took those pics. I saw myself everyday and knew I was big. When I took my before pics, it was a wakeup call, a little slap in the face to motivate me. Now, years later, I tend to forget and when I see the old pic, especially the side by side it makes me feel proud of how far I've come. Without those pics, I'd have a much better pic in my head, which would the. Mask the amount of progress. Maybe I need to print those old pics and put it on my fridge and pantry door, because I feel like I can use another slap. This week will be rough, just sitting around the house, bored with a ton of snacks to pass the time as I wait on this storm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.