FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/27/12 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/8133-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-8-27-12-a.html)

Mern 08-28-2012 01:58 AM

Frenchhen, thanks for your kind words, but I don't really know a whole lot about computers. I'm self taught and know just enough to get along. When I have a problem I spent a lot of time searching the Internet for solutions and follow suggestions that seem to be from reliable sources. It's hit and miss, trial and error, but so satisfying when I either find the solution or a way to work around it. LOL-I doubt that Mike is embarrassed about the high bust measurement. :p With my huge belly I don't take measurements because I find it too discouraging--maybe I will someday, but I have read that under 35 inches reduces one's risk of heart disease. Great Monday report. Good honesty point. I think a lot of women are geared that way--more nurturing to family and pets (which ARE also family) than to themselves.

frenchhen3 08-28-2012 02:09 AM

Mern: I HATED taking my first measurements. It was awful and made my eyes go buggy. (And a little "leaky".) But I am glad now that I did. I also, gasp, have pictures of me in my bathing suit from THE REAR!!! Each month I take another picture in that SAME SUIT, standing in the same spot of my house from the rear! So even on months that I don't see scale progress I see changes, and changes that I CANNOT see day to day. Something also is a bit comforting about the photos from the back, there is no judgement. I can't not like my hair, or can't think, ugh what a goofy expression, or anything. It is all truth back there. And it is a picture of me, turning my back from the "old me".

01gt4.6 08-28-2012 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by frenchhen3 (Post 88268)
Mern: I HATED taking my first measurements. It was awful and made my eyes go buggy. (And a little "leaky".) But I am glad now that I did. I also, gasp, have pictures of me in my bathing suit from THE REAR!!! Each month I take another picture in that SAME SUIT, standing in the same spot of my house from the rear! So even on months that I don't see scale progress I see changes, and changes that I CANNOT see day to day. Something also is a bit comforting about the photos from the back, there is no judgement. I can't not like my hair, or can't think, ugh what a goofy expression, or anything. It is all truth back there. And it is a picture of me, turning my back from the "old me".

Good for you!!! I recommend that everyone do it, no matter how painful it may be!

01gt4.6 08-28-2012 02:17 AM

It just now started to rain. I have my camera setup so I can begin filming later. I have it pointed at two big pine trees. We have had a bunch of rain over the past week so the ground is really saturated. I'm sure that the rain will be to blame for trees coming down.

I'll try to stay focus and give some good updates, but I guess I can always blame is on my A.D.D.
BTW ^ is an awesome song!

amalthea1892 08-28-2012 05:11 AM

Happy Tuesday everyone! Sorry if I missed anybody – quick trip through the posts this morning...

Mike – Ever thought of a second career as a storm chaser? The camera guys seem to have the most fun. Be careful!

Frenchhen – I have never done measurements, but back around 2000, I did the Body for Life program with a friend and took a picture in a bikini holding a newspaper up. Geez I wonder what ever happened to that!?! I like your pics from the back, never thought of doing that but it makes perfect sense!

Nobe – Great start to your week! Nice green!

Kayla – Lots of green! YAY!

Darlene – Lots of turquoise! YAY!

Judi – Sedona… I hear that is a magical place. I would love to go there someday as well!

Mern – Today you will rock those numbers and go green – you’re doing great, especially considering the shake-up you have had in your diet. Keep up the good work!

Ann – Happy Belated Birthday!!! Good job at the gym!

amalthea1892 08-28-2012 05:16 AM

Goals week of August 27th
1. Focus on whole foods. Mostly
2. Water (70oz min). Yes
3. Gym 2x this week. Not yet.
4. Core exercises at home on non-gym days. No
5. Start another item on my long-standing to-do list. Joined NAEP (a good career move).
6. Positive thinking! Yes

Yesterday I walked through the conference room around 1pm and there were 5 trays of left-over Chinese food and a big container of sweet n’ sour sauce available to anyone for the taking. GAHHH… Fortunately I had already had a “healthy” lunch and was not the least bit hungry or tempted! I did not do sooo great at dinner though. DS wanted Mac and Cheese. At least it was a gluten free, and had no preservatives (Annie’s Brand), which was good. I made a healthy fresh corn salad to go with it. A few chocolate squares for dessert and overall I did pretty good yesterday!

:D Ama
5’6” 39yo
Maintaining with a Vengeance (within a 3lb range)

01gt4.6 08-28-2012 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by amalthea1892 (Post 88275)

Mike – Ever thought of a second career as a storm chaser? The camera guys seem to have the most fun. Be careful!

That would be awesome!

It is clear and breezy now. The storm was recently upgraded to a Cat 1 Hurricane.

Mern 08-28-2012 08:51 AM

I truly appreciate the suggestions on measurements and on the picture taking--great for those who want it, but it's not for me. I've seen myself in a mirror stark naked including the backside--that image is ingrained in my head and do have pics of myself clothed at my highest weight. I don't want any more humilitiation, and I don't want any reminders when I reach goal weight.

Ama, thanks so much for your encouragement. It really means a lot to me. Your report was really nice yesterday. :) Kudos on avoiding the food. I must admit I'd have given in to the leftover Chinese food even if I wasn't hungry at all. :o

Mike, stay safe while getting that footage!

traceymc1985 08-28-2012 09:34 AM

Slowly and steady

Hi everyone-thanks so much fo the encouragement
I will definately try the food telling off!! I should do that when im in the supermarket too so it stops me putting it in the trolley!!

I started this journey July 2009 but ive always been aware of how big i was, just didnt try hard enough. Nothing stuck to make me really want to do it. I knew i was upset everyday with my size but i just wanted to eat everything in sight. It was the same greed thats yet again come back. Id be embarrassed to say what i remember eating in one day but it still didnt stop me. I mean id have a whole casserlole dish of pasta bake just for me and eat so much more before and after that. Id eat like 6 pork chops to myself at 11pm.

It took for my dad to suffer a heart attack. He is still with us but he was only 49 when it happened and it scared me- i didnt want it to happen to me and what if i wasnt lucky to survive. With my serious stress levels i put myself at higher risk and i wanted to change. As each dress size i went down i got more confident and i seen food as my enemy. I still had a bad relationship with food just in a different manner.

I stayed at 12 stone for a year or so going up and down a few pounds or so but still looked and still do look at myself in a really negative way. Surrounded by slim family and friends i always feel like the FAT one and can never relax. Its not their fault- im not made to feel like that on purpose, my boyfriend is such a support and constantly tells me he loves me and loves my body commenting on how far ive come. I know putting it in reality ive come a long way but its just so hard to TRULY feel like that rather than just say it because it makes sense.

I know that when im doing great i feel great- like nothing can stop me then this happens and i go back to all the negative. I dont have a happy medium.

Im bridesmaid to my sisters wedding in March next year and i want to enjoy the day feeling happy. I hate my body so much now i want surgery. The size is better but its all the loose skin on my arms, belly and my legs are bigger and out of proportion. I lost 3 and a half stone in 5 months in the beginning. No exercise and its taken its toll. More regret- i wish i knew how important exercise is!

I will treat myself to a little something when i get to a point i feel better about myself- me and my friend are going to go to a day spa just to relax so maybe i can book that when i feel happy again.

01gt4.6 08-28-2012 09:49 AM

Mern, not saying this is you... But for me I was glad I took those pics. I saw myself everyday and knew I was big. When I took my before pics, it was a wakeup call, a little slap in the face to motivate me. Now, years later, I tend to forget and when I see the old pic, especially the side by side it makes me feel proud of how far I've come. Without those pics, I'd have a much better pic in my head, which would the. Mask the amount of progress. Maybe I need to print those old pics and put it on my fridge and pantry door, because I feel like I can use another slap. This week will be rough, just sitting around the house, bored with a ton of snacks to pass the time as I wait on this storm. :(

01gt4.6 08-28-2012 12:29 PM

We are starting to feel the effects of the hurricane.

We still have power, we have had pretty good winds and light rain.

judipurple 08-28-2012 12:47 PM

Mike - Yeah, posting the pix on the fridge door could help with the mindless visits - boredom is the worst for grazing. And, yes, the differences in your pix are amazing! :cool: Just be careful out there during the worst of it. Hope you don't lose power!

Well, *he* was supposed to be here tonight to continue working on the tiles, but blew me off. (Mike - help me come up with a clever reference for him)

So, I enjoyed a favorite dinner alone (kids went to $5 movie nite) - and ate it all myself!:D Tomatoes from the garden, cut up with cucumbers, tossed with a bit of salt, balsamic vinegar, garlic slices sauteed in olive oil - I allow that to sit and let the juices develop at the bottom of the bowl. Meanwhile, I toasted 3 ounces of REALLY good italian bread, rubbed a clove of garlic onto each one, then cut them into chunks. These get tossed into the tomato mixture, along with some shredded fresh basil and about an ounce of really good parmesan, cut into wee cubes. Ta-da, panzanella (aka bread salad). Seriously yummy - and I. Enjoyed. It.

I putzed today - my LAST day of summer freedom! I actually spent almost a (gasp) full hour on the hammock! I had company - one of the cats loves to jump up when I'm on it and tries to pick apart the knots in the rope. Tomorrow morning starts the bus route - I haven't figured out what to do about the 5K thing - whether I divide it up on the treadmill, or just take an hour between the routes to get out and walk the hills.

Numbers du jour:
Calories: 1,581 Fats: 99.6 Carbs: 88.6 Proteins: 88.9

Tracey - I know it's hard to be happy about our bodies when we perceive that we have such a long way to go - but GIRL! You've lost an incredible amount of weight already - don't wait to book that day spa trip - I think a day getting waited on and pampered will bring about that "happy" you are waiting for! You are worth it!

Mern - I get what you're saying about the pix and measurements - I still cringe at pictures taken recently, never mind earlier...I can look at certain parts of me at a particular angle and think - not too bad! - but in the cold light of day, sans clothing - well, thank goodness my door locks!

Well, gonna head off to bed shortly - 5:45 comes too danged early! Catch up with you all later!

cjohnson728 08-28-2012 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by judipurple (Post 88299)
Well, *he* was supposed to be here tonight to continue working on the tiles, but blew me off. (Mike - help me come up with a clever reference for him)

Ooooohh...what was that one Tori used? SSOBDBMFWBMH???? I can't quite remember. If you use that, it has to be Jr. or The Second, since someone Tori knows deserves the original title.

Gotta clean up the kitchen...back later to chat a bit.

01gt4.6 08-28-2012 01:24 PM

Cassie, that sounds about right. ;)

Judi, I can only think of something simple, but you may not like it. I was thinking S2BX for soon to be ex.

nobe 08-28-2012 01:38 PM

calories <1600 - 1449, 1634
water >64oz - 64oz, 64oz
protein > 20% - 20%, 21%
take vitamins - yes, yes
move - worked 8hrs/walked to and from work, worked 8hrs/walked to and from work

Mern 08-28-2012 02:31 PM

Tuesday Report

Did better today on my new way of eating.

Calorie limit 1500: 1088, 1293
Total fat calories limit 35% of total calories: 41% 33%
Saturated fat limit 8% of total calories: 14%, 9%
Meat, poultry and fish limit 5 oz. per day: YES, YES
Cholesterol under 200mg: 101mg, 189mg
Net carbs (total carbs less fiber) 25g: 23g, 25g
Fiber minimum 25g: 25g, 43g
Protein minimum 120g: 103g, 156g
Exercise 5 days: day off, NO
Water 64 oz.: No, maybe 48 oz.
Remember to take both morning and evening supplements: Half, YES
Nutritious evening snack that won't take me off target: sugar free chocolate, celery stuffed with reduced fat cheese and olives and half a protein shake

Going to bed early. Will catch up with reading and replying tomorrow.

My thoughts and prayers remain with those of you in the gulf states and those of you with life struggles.

ToriD1012 08-28-2012 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 88300)
Ooooohh...what was that one Tori used? SSOBDBMFWBMH???? I can't quite remember. If you use that, it has to be Jr. or The Second, since someone Tori knows deserves the original title.

I think you missed the GD at the beginning, but everything else looks about right :p

Sorry I've been MIA, didn't have a good weekend and it's spilled over into the week. Not to mention there is a certain DA who didn't listen to reason, and he's sending me videos of a little "wind storm". And now there's a nice sized hole in the floor at WHN's. There's been, what the landlord called, a "weak spot" near the washer. Well, the "weak spot" is now a lovely hole in the floor. We've (me and WHN's sister) have been trying to get ahold of the landlord for over a week, but he hasn't answered any phone calls. Well, tonight, WHN's niece was going to get her clothes out of the dryer and fell through the floor. She's all of 5'2", 85 lbs. She's a TINY little thing, and she fell through the floor. Tells me that the "weak spot" was basically tile over a hole :mad: And then as I was getting ready for bed, I heard a thump, and noticed the washer had sunk a little. We shimmied the washer out of it's home and then WHN's sister fell through the floor too. The landlord finally answered the phone tonight and is supposed to come out some time tomorrow. Looks like, on top of finding a job when he gets home, WHN and I are going to be house or apartment hunting too. When it rains, it pours......

cjohnson728 08-28-2012 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 88307)
there is a certain DA who didn't listen to reason, and he's sending me videos of a little "wind storm".

Well, I guess if he is sending you vids, he is not dead. I've been checking FD and FB and the morgue (ok, just kidding about that last one) to see if he's posted anything since landfall, but nada!

Sorry about your house problems! I hope nobody was hurt! But how fun will it be to go look for a place together ;)??

kayla.underhill 08-28-2012 03:53 PM

Hello ladies and Mike. I'm checking in, even though I don't want to. Today was a total wash. Absolutely ridiculous. Dairy Queen was involved, need I say more? I think not. Anyway, that just means I can't cheat Sunday. I'm totally broke anyway, so I can't afford unhealthy food. :) Oh well, it will be better tomorrow. I'm not gonna beat myself up over it.

ToriD1012 08-28-2012 03:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
hole in the floor....we put rugs over it to keep critters from coming in :eek:

01gt4.6 08-28-2012 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 88307)
I think you missed the GD at the beginning, but everything else looks about right :p

Sorry I've been MIA, didn't have a good weekend and it's spilled over into the week. Not to mention there is a certain DA who didn't listen to reason, and he's sending me videos of a little "wind storm". And now there's a nice sized hole in the floor at WHN's. There's been, what the landlord called, a "weak spot" near the washer. Well, the "weak spot" is now a lovely hole in the floor. We've (me and WHN's sister) have been trying to get ahold of the landlord for over a week, but he hasn't answered any phone calls. Well, tonight, WHN's niece was going to get her clothes out of the dryer and fell through the floor. She's all of 5'2", 85 lbs. She's a TINY little thing, and she fell through the floor. Tells me that the "weak spot" was basically tile over a hole :mad: And then as I was getting ready for bed, I heard a thump, and noticed the washer had sunk a little. We shimmied the washer out of it's home and then WHN's sister fell through the floor too. The landlord finally answered the phone tonight and is supposed to come out some time tomorrow. Looks like, on top of finding a job when he gets home, WHN and I are going to be house or apartment hunting too. When it rains, it pours......

Awww how sweet, I get my very own acronym!:D

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 88308)
Well, I guess if he is sending you vids, he is not dead. I've been checking FD and FB and the morgue (ok, just kidding about that last one) to see if he's posted anything since landfall, but nada!

I've posted these since landfall.

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 88298)
We are starting to feel the effects of the hurricane.

We still have power, we have had pretty good winds and light rain.

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 88301)
Cassie, that sounds about right. ;)

Judi, I can only think of something simple, but you may not like it. I was thinking S2BX for soon to be ex.

I had to make a promise not to die, so I guess I'll be around for a while.

Originally Posted by kayla.underhill (Post 88309)
Hello ladies and Mike. I'm checking in, even though I don't want to. Today was a total wash. Absolutely ridiculous. Dairy Queen was involved, need I say more? I think not. Anyway, that just means I can't cheat Sunday. I'm totally broke anyway, so I can't afford unhealthy food. Oh well, it will be better tomorrow. I'm not gonna beat myself up over it.

Ummm was that a Blizzard that you had?!?!?!

ToriD1012 08-28-2012 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 88308)

Sorry about your house problems! I hope nobody was hurt! But how fun will it be to go look for a place together ;)??

nope, he's not dead. I told him I might even be upset if he dies....maybe :D

new home hunting has been on the agenda, just not so soon. we had hoped to be able to stay here longer and save some $$ (rent here is dirt cheap, and it's on a well so water is included in the electric bill), but I just don't see that happening. between the spiders from hell, and the hole in the floor, I just don't see staying here very long. oh, and the Jassimonster isn't welcome here, that's a big "we need to find somewhere else to live" for me.

cjohnson728 08-28-2012 05:12 PM

Ah, I get it. Thought I was missing some hurricane videos. Like, real hurricane...not songs about hurricanes ;).

So, here was today:

1. Calorie limit 1300. 1282, 1264
2. Balance pie chart & follow fiber/fat guidelines. Yes, Yes
3. Drink 72 oz. fluid, at least. 72, 72
4. Sleep 7 hours. 5.5, 7
5. Exercise 6 hours total for the week. 60 min., 30 min.
6. Eat at least 4 fruits/veggies per day. 4, 3
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes
8. Eat clean. Fair, Good
9. Log everything and post goal progress daily. Yes, Yes

Tracey, I'm sorry you're in a slump. Feel free to vent whenever you need to. I'm sure each one of us can relate to at least one (or more) parts of your post.

Judi, glad you enjoyed the heck out of your dinner. Sounds like a peaceful evening for you.

Mern, glad today went more smoothly. Practice makes it easier :).

Ama, nice willpower!

nobe, you didn't miss by much, girl!

Kayla, tomorrow is another day. Blank food log and all!

Very wise point, frenchhen, very wise.

01gt4.6 08-28-2012 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 88316)
Ah, I get it. Thought I was missing some hurricane videos. Like, real hurricane...not songs about hurricanes ;).

Oh I see. I'll post some up in a day or two.

The wind is WHIPPING now. I can hear it howling outside my window. 15 minutes ago it wasn't so bad, which is good b/c I took Mytsie out so she could go potty. I still have power!! :)

dar n 08-28-2012 05:24 PM

Mike Glad to hear all is well, stay safe.

Judi Nice picture hope your vacation is sooner than later.

Mern Thanks for the hug.

Frenchhen I had a salad (raspberry dressing)and a cup of vegetable beef soup I figured outside the sodium (which was probably insane) it was a pretty safe restaurant lunch. Oh my I get the taking care of yourself after everyone else, putting myself first is easier said than done most of the time.

Ama Way to go one avoiding the Chinese food!

Tori Collapsing floors sounds worrisome hope everyone is ok who fell through:eek:.

Cassie Nice blue day.:)

Busy day didn’t get home until a few minutes ago but I got my squats and abs in between work and my meeting and I logged my food and I am saying hi so outside of the poor English and run on sentence all in all stayed healthy lifestyle focused today. Night everyone

Goals:
Walk 15k: M=3.1k,T=0
Exercise 2 days: M=N, T=N
Squats 4 days: M=Y, M=Y
Ab work 4 days: M=Y, M=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1255, T=1249
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-756, T=-683
No sugar: M=N, T=Y

01gt4.6 08-28-2012 11:30 PM

Our power flickered at 6:11am and has been back on. it was enough to wake me up to send me out to set up the camera. The wind and rain for us isn't bad at all. Chloe' and Mytsie are handling it like champs. No barking whatsoever, they are just chilling. All I can say is for us, it looks much worse on tv.

The rain hasn't been bad, just steady. No flooding for me at all, not even street flooding! I do wish the rain would go away, because when I finally get around to being able to cut my grass, it will be a forest.

01gt4.6 08-28-2012 11:54 PM

Dammit! The power just went out.

cjohnson728 08-29-2012 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 88328)
Dammit! The power just went out.

:(

NOT an excuse to eat everything in the fridge/freezer!

01gt4.6 08-29-2012 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 88329)
:(

NOT an excuse to eat everything in the fridge/freezer!

Says who?

cjohnson728 08-29-2012 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 88331)
Says who?

Someone trying to remid herself that frozen yogurt would not be an appropriate breakfast.

frenchhen3 08-29-2012 01:12 AM

Holey Floor! Sounds like a good new "kid safe" swear word.

God bless all who are affected by the storms, both near the Gulf and the waves of rainfall and winds that stretch northward.

Log all food. Good, bad and ugly. M,T
Walk at least 10000 steps a day. 14,652, 10,046 (yes I walked laps around the kitchen table to meet my goal right before bed.)
Take supplements. M,T
Drink 64 oz of water daily. M,T
Keep caloric intake below 1800 each day. M,T

My dose of honesty yesterday was: "It's always good to go back to square one." We were walking the dogs, off leash, and we encountered another couple walking their 3 dogs on leash. I have been "tuning up" my dog's basic commands, (my dogs are 5 & 11) which sometimes I think is wasted time, especially when I see their faces, "Oh no, are we working basic obedience AGAIN???" But three quick whistle blasts and I had my two energetic dogs back by my side at heel, in sit, waiting for their praise. Those days of playing hide and seek with dogs in the park, this summer paid off when I really needed it. So too with me, this week I am going back to square one with my goals, "logging all food good bad and ugly".

01gt4.6 08-29-2012 04:14 AM

Still no power!

I'll probably be without power for a couple more days. Right now I am sitting in the dark.

amalthea1892 08-29-2012 04:33 AM

Goals week of August 27th
1. Focus on whole foods. Mostly, Yes
2. Water (70oz min). Yes, Yes
3. Gym 2x this week. Not yet. Tuesday
4. Core exercises at home on non-gym days. No, Gym
5. Start another item on my long-standing to-do list. Joined NAEP (a good career move). Plan to work on budget. Ever heard of YNAB?
6. Positive thinking! Yes, Yes

I did great at the gym yesterday - my glutes and abs are screaming at me today! Then I stepped on the scale this morning and it was up 5 lbs!!! But I reset it and it went back down to where I thought it was going to be. Whew... I thought that just looking at Chinese food caused water retention:confused:.

Best wishes to everyone today!

:D Ama
5'6", 39yo

Maintaining with a Vengeance (within a 3lb range)

cjohnson728 08-29-2012 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by amalthea1892 (Post 88340)
Plan to work on budget. Ever heard of YNAB?[/COLOR]

Ah, now I have guilt! I know INAB...I have tried to make that a goal for about 12 years, and I always abandon it because I'm self-employed and my income varies so much from month to month.

So our budget is: spend as little as possible, moderate splurge every once in a great while, and then throw the rest into retirement/college/emergency savings.

Not so great, actually.

Hang in there, Mike...how much rain have you gotten?

Frenchhen, amazing how animals cause us to reflect, isn't it? We can learn a lot from the fur babies ;).

Hope everyone is having a good day...quiet week!

kayla.underhill 08-29-2012 05:09 AM

Mike, yes it was a Blizzard. It was that bad. I'm sorry you lost power, stay safe! You are still in our prayers.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. Today has been much better! :)

01gt4.6 08-29-2012 05:11 AM

Cassie, it's been steady. Pretty much like a good drizzle though. It hasn't really poured. The wind blew down my gate for the back yard. Good thing my dogs are well trained and won't run off. A few years ago, someone left the gate open so Chloe' came around to the front door and barked to let me know the gate was open. :)

01gt4.6 08-29-2012 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by kayla.underhill (Post 88342)
Mike, yes it was a Blizzard. It was that bad. I'm sorry you lost power, stay safe! You are still in our prayers.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. Today has been much better! :)

Butterfinger, Reese's, what? :). Thanks.

cjohnson728 08-29-2012 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by kayla.underhill (Post 88342)
Mike, yes it was a Blizzard.

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 88344)
Butterfinger, Reese's, what? :). Thanks.

Kayla, by this he means, "Please tell me, in great detail and by describing said Blizzard's effect on all your five senses, exactly what it was like to consume this delicious treat. Since I am not able to get one right now, any vicarious food porn would be appreciated."

Having a good day here playing catch-up; I am avoiding reports and have put laundry away, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned the fridge (was going to do the freezer but the froyo was singing to me and I don't need that song today), done my billing, followed up on outstanding accounts, paid personal bills, gone to the grocery store for supplies for two new recipes I want to try, dealt with a ton of emails, updated my liability insurance and test purchase authorizations, filed everything in my home office...and now I have no excuses so I'm going to get to work :p.

Hope everyone is dry, safe, and having a great Wednesday!

01gt4.6 08-29-2012 06:44 AM

The radio said that we got 7" of rain. :eek: Doesn't seem like it.

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 88346)
Kayla, by this he means, "Please tell me, in great detail and by describing said Blizzard's effect on all your five senses, exactly what it was like to consume this delicious treat. Since I am not able to get one right now, any vicarious food porn would be appreciated."

Having a good day here playing catch-up; I am avoiding reports and have put laundry away, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned the fridge (was going to do the freezer but the froyo was singing to me and I don't need that song today), done my billing, followed up on outstanding accounts, paid personal bills, gone to the grocery store for supplies for two new recipes I want to try, dealt with a ton of emails, updated my liability insurance and test purchase authorizations, filed everything in my home office...and now I have no excuses so I'm going to get to work :p.

Hope everyone is dry, safe, and having a great Wednesday!

That's exactly right. I need food porn.

Mern 08-29-2012 07:27 AM

I haven't yet caught up with the posts. Trying to catch up on my email and have CNN news on the TV watching/listening to the Isaac coverage.

Mike, how's your power situation? --last I caught was that yours was out.

I'm having a really good day--feel great--sort of energized.

--Had a good dental checkup and got my teeth cleaned this morning, which is always so refreshing/renewing.

--DD picked up the kids at noon because her 16 year old had an orthodontist appointment, so I have the rest of the day free.

--After a six day trial run, I have my "plan of attack" ready for tomorrow's "summit" with my doc on lowering my triglycerides without meds. I have decided to get her input on following a modified Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes (TLC) diet--following the guidelines of no more than 5 oz. total per day of meat, fish, and poultry and 35% of total calories from fat, both of which are doable; BUT 9% instead of the guideline of 7% of total calories from saturated fat. I've tried for six days and just can't get below the 9% without going over my carb limit. As of right now, I'm satisfied I gave it a quite fair trial run before modifying my sat fat target.