Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/27/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/27/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/27/12

Old 08-31-2012, 04:52 AM
FitDay Member

Torri Lol be careful that nice streak may turn into a lifestyle choice.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

Judi, I know no bounds and have no bounds.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:34 AM
FitDay Member

Aw, we all have to cut loose and enjoy some teasing and fun in this group or we'd all be Cassie's patients. LOL

Cassie, spectacular job on your goals yesterday, too! I hope you get in some extra sleep this weekend, but am also glad you could enjoy the US Open.

Darlene, a lot of green in your reports this week! Kudos on that! I know you are a wonderful, person, but have you considered, in view of your long work hours and family committments, cutting back on the volunteer work for a while. Spreading yourself too thin will take its toll on you in the longrun. There was a time when I had to learn to say no to my church and the kids' school occasionally. The head of the PTO (PTA) at my kids' school actually confessed to me that I was known as an easy target, so when they couldn't get volunteers, they called me because they knew I didn't have the courage to say no. Honey, remember it's not what the scale that matters, but how we look and feel in our clothes. Major kudos on your inches lost and the work you did to lose them. Thank your tape measure and kick your scale. I hope your Friday at work is/was stress free.

Hadena, you had an amazingly good report despite your cold. Sending you a get well cyberhug!

Frenchhen, great report from you again, too! Aw, thanks for your encouragement on my nutrition efforts.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator

Errmahgerd!!

One of the band fundraisers that just kicked off: Otis Spunkmeyer Cookies !
Old 08-31-2012, 09:24 AM
FitDay Member

Default Facing up!

Evening everyone-
Its my last bootcamp session in the morning and after having 2 weeks of everything bad i wasnt going to go. I didnt want to see the results and didnt want to feel the only one who hasnt done well.
But... i emailed my group leader and got a reply straight away that was so heartfelt and really made me feel much better. I can honestly say after all the weight loss groups ive been to throughout the years my leader here is the best ever and more like a friend. Proper support when the going gets tough is really important and you guys are so good at this.
I think because i spent so many years doing this on my own with no support its hard for me to finally take the support from so many people. I know now that im not the only one who goes through the torment sometimes brought on by dieting.
So i will let you all know how i get on at bootcamp when i get back tomorrow afternoon.
Goodnight all- its 10.30pm here in England. x
Old 08-31-2012, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by judipurple
Ok, can only stay a minute - too much to do in the three hours before going back on the bus.
Judi...hey, at least you're burning calories! I think of you every time I see a school bus now. You must have the patience of a saint .

Originally Posted by frenchhen3
I love browsing through the activities on the Fitday activities. I'm glad driving a bus is on there. Also in there, chamber maid, Anishinaabe jiggle dancing... chasing cattle... lots of fun !
Have you seen "walking to outhouse" yet?

Originally Posted by dar n
I think my scale is plotting against meI lost an inch on my thighs and 2 on my waist in the last 2 weeks but my scale says I have lost .5lb whats up with that
It's the wacky world of the way it works...but I'm betting you will see a good drop soon. Also keep in mind (and I am the world's biggest hypocrite for saying this) that stress can hinder weight loss, as can not sleeping enough! Enjoy your tape measure numbers and the scale will catch up.

Originally Posted by Mern
Aw, we all have to cut loose and enjoy some teasing and fun in this group or we'd all be Cassie's patients.
Not unless you're a juvenile delinquent or social services is investigating you . For the moment, anyway. In the back of my head, I'm trying to come up with a way to integrate nutrition and psychology...maybe bariatrics, maybe wellness coaching...work in progress.

Originally Posted by traceymc1985
Evening everyone-
Its my last bootcamp session in the morning and after having 2 weeks of everything bad i wasnt going to go. I didnt want to see the results and didnt want to feel the only one who hasnt done well.
But... i emailed my group leader and got a reply straight away that was so heartfelt and really made me feel much better. I can honestly say after all the weight loss groups ive been to throughout the years my leader here is the best ever and more like a friend. Proper support when the going gets tough is really important and you guys are so good at this.
I think because i spent so many years doing this on my own with no support its hard for me to finally take the support from so many people. I know now that im not the only one who goes through the torment sometimes brought on by dieting.
So i will let you all know how i get on at bootcamp when i get back tomorrow afternoon.
Goodnight all- its 10.30pm here in England. x
Tracey, I'm so glad you came on to post. You have a lot of insight and you have always been able to pick yourself up and get back on the horse and I admire that. Sending that email to your group leader shows that you are taking the steps to take care of yourself, in addition to knowing that you are worth all the support you get! Have a great weekend...we'll be here!
Old 08-31-2012, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Well I spent the day at my bros helping him clean up from the storm. I finally have power back on!!!!!!

I'm about to take a much needed hot bath! My has is pretty much back to normal, besides the door on my shed and the gate for my fence. I plan on tackling that tomorrow.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Well I spent the day at my bros helping him clean up from the storm. I finally have power back on!!!!!!

I'm about to take a much needed hot bath! My has is pretty much back to normal, besides the door on my shed and the gate for my fence. I plan on tackling that tomorrow.

Hooray!

Did the hurricane take care of the rats in the shed?
Old 08-31-2012, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Hooray!

Did the hurricane take care of the rats in the shed?
I hope so. It's too muddy to make my way back there.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

Default Check in

1. Calorie limit 1300. 1282, 1264, 1237, 1283, 1374
2. Balance pie chart & follow fiber/fat guidelines. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Drink 72 oz. fluid, at least. 72, 72, 72, 72, I think so, but I lost count
4. Sleep 7 hours. 5.5, 7.5, <5, 6.5, 6.5
5. Exercise 6 hours total for the week. 60 min., 30 min, 30 min., 30 min., 90 min..
6. Eat at least 4 fruits/veggies per day. 4, 3, 5, 3, 5
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
8. Eat clean. Fair, Good, Good, Good, Fair
9. Log everything and post goal progress daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

I tried! Lunch out with a friend today, rescheduled from last week, and it was Chinese. Had to take a guess at logging, but guessing is better than nothing.

Hope you all have had a good day. Yay, weekend!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.