7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 08/13/12

Old 08-13-2012, 02:06 PM
FitDay Member

calories <1600 - 1487
water >64oz - 64oz+
protein >20% - 28%
take vitamins - yes
move - bit of cleaning and gardening

My day (mostly the exercise part) was thrown off a bit by hubby witnessing a car crash. He was leaving my mom's today and saw a guy slumped over the wheel go through the stop sign and land in the ditch around the corner from my mom's. He went back and called 911 and had to give a statement and ended up on the news. The guy had a heart attack and lived, but is apparently now in a coma. But then my mom was all frazzled and wanted me to come over, and my plan for running errands (walking) and the continued scrubbing of my house (which definitely counts as exercise) went awry. I watered my plants and powerwashed/windexed my windows inside and out after dinner, but honestly I'm exhausted and sore from all the cleaning I did over the weekend (about 12 hours) and I'm not going to do anything but watch the tv I can finally watch again this evening. I know I'm going for a big walk tomorrow, and I'm under calories, and it's my first day back, so whatevs.

Haven't had a chance to read the thread yet; will try after kiddo goes to bed or in the morning.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:08 PM
FitDay Member

Default Monday

TORI & MIKE GOALS

1--log everything and make public, post start weight--181.0 ToriD1012 - free online diet and fitness journal--yes
2--100 oz water daily--101.4
3--all vitamins daily--oops
4--walk at least 8 miles (weather permitting)--2.0

Tori Specific:
1--all laundry--Tuesday or Wednesday....maybe
2--keep up with paperwork--yes
3--make time for JC every day--yes
Old 08-13-2012, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I think she means...no waking up to visit the ghost and having a late night snack of cereal and PB sammies . Be a boss!

Tori, I wish Jassi Cat was allowed at WHN's. That sucks!

You can do it, Tracey! Brand new week, right here!
You know me!

Originally Posted by judipurple
Ok, thread buds, here's Monday's # posting:

Calories: 1,560 Fat: 91.1g Carbs: 40.3g Protein: 149.5g

1) Post #'s daily - Monday: yes
2) Get the 5K done at least 3X this week - Monday: yes
2a) Keep the running/sprints at or above 200' per, and do at least (gads) 5 per 5K, twice a week - Monday: yes
3) Keep calories around 1500 - Monday: yes
4) Keep carbs under 90g - Monday: yes
5) Take supplements - Monday: yes

Was going to have a protein bar after supper, but i liked my numbers and didn't want to go too high.

Looks like it'll be a busy week here on FitDay forums - so many check-ins here! Delighted to see you all!!! Dh is putting down stuff to do tiles(you're not the only one, Mike!), and needs my assistance - see you in the a.m.!
Have fun with the tile.

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
you forgot Rum Cake
Oh yeah, rum cake too. So what's the reason for posting out starting weight? Do we have a weight loss goal for the week or is it just for public humiliation.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
you forgot Rum Cake
Yes. Yes I did.

Originally Posted by nobe
I watered my plants and powerwashed/windexed my windows inside and out after dinner, but honestly I'm exhausted and sore from all the cleaning I did over the weekend (about 12 hours)
Please come live with me.

Mike, do we get to see some tile pictures?
Old 08-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

I can post some tomorrow from my work computer. I can't figure out how to post a pic from my phone and my home computer will be down for a couple more days. Once I get the grout done I can move back in and set it up. I'll still have to do 1/4 round molding though. Keep in mind that what I post tomorrow isn't the finished product, it's better than concrete though.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

1. Calories below 1300. 1214
2. Balance pie chart and follow my rules. Yes
3. 72 oz. fluid daily. 81
4. Log everything and post daily. Yes
5. Eat clean. Yes
6. 3-4 fruits and veggies per day (I'm stealing ). 3
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes
8. Sleep 7 hours, at least, per night. 5
9. Exercise 6 hours total this week.

See you all in the AM...I've been ready for sleep since about 1 PM. Made the best cookies ever, but didn't do too much damage. Hopefully the guys will make short work of them.

Looking forward to the pics, Mike...fruits of your hard labor.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:55 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default I'm new at this

I just joined this week and made the decision to finally shed the extra pounds for good. And better yet, develop some healthier habits! Anyone have any hints or tips for a new comer? Also, is your group here open for people like me to join in weekly?
Old 08-13-2012, 11:54 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ichalk2up
I just joined this week and made the decision to finally shed the extra pounds for good. And better yet, develop some healthier habits! Anyone have any hints or tips for a new comer? Also, is your group here open for people like me to join in weekly?
We're open 24/7 to whoever wants to come along for the ride . Welcome!

The hints and tips question is probably best answered in this link FitDay Discussion Boards - Threads Tagged with fitday best of series, which is a compilation of some of the information that's been posted over the years. If you have any specific questions, let us know.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:24 AM
FitDay Member

Hi guys, I'm kind of lurking this week and probably won’t post every day.
Goals
Weekly average of 1400cal *1492,
Weekly average of 33% carbs *42%,
Log and post weight didn’t weigh, 81.7kg
Do body measurements – Wednesday n/a n/a
20 mins exercise per day Yes, walked for 2 ½ hours, slowly (see below), no,

Yesterday I had to take my car in to be fixed, the local mechanics are pretty expensive so I drove about 50km to the nearest kmart tyre and auto and was then stuck with no car for four hours. I bought a book and a coffee and pretty much walked all over the place in-between finding nice spots to read a chapter or so. I figure about 2 ½ hours of the time was spent walking. I didn’t walk very fast, just enjoyed it really. I did have a small gain today but it is TTOTM so I am letting it slide, I am all puffed up and couldn’t get my rings on this morning so I am sure it will come back off next week. I am focusing more on weekly averages this week which will give me a bit more freedom to move, I have been battling some pretty intense cravings probably for the same reason as the weight gain, mostly for things that are deep fried and dripping in carbs. I am trying to keep this under control by having small amounts of higher carb foods amongst the healthier options. I did eat steggles chicken strips for breakfast today, but I kept it within my limits so I am not going to beat myself up about it. I havn’t written tonights calories and carbs because I am not quite in bed yet and I’m pretty hungry so I will probably eat something else before bed. I’m trying to choose something low cal and filling, not sure what yet, maybe a salad.

Originally Posted by ichalk2up
Hi there, and welcome to the crew everyone here is friendly and helpful and supportive. my biggest tip is log EVERYTHING that goes in your mouth, that is what works for me any way.

I hope everyone has a great week and I will try and check in tomorrow
Old 08-14-2012, 01:00 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning everyone! Norah and I are off to an early, and awesome start! Protein-filled breakfast and workout # 1 out of the way. Its arm day, my least favorite, so getting through all three will be a real challenge. I'm gonna try to add one more cardio session today for a total of 45 minutes. Also, I pre-logged everything and my carbs should only be about 12% today. Beast-mode. I hope everyone is having an awesome day!

ichalk2up, welcome! Feel free to jump right in, everybody here is super nice and helpful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.