Notices

Help staying motivated

Old 04-08-2010, 09:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default Help staying motivated

I'm starting my weight loss journey for what feels like the millionth time. I've been up and down so many times and I just want to make a permanent change. I seem to know the right things to do as far as eating right and exercise, but after a while, usually six months, I just let my guard down and next thing I know, I'm inching up toward 200 lbs. I do think of my changes as "lifestyle changes" and not diets. I need some help to stay motivated-I have 38 pounds to lose and want to keep it off this time!
Old 04-11-2010, 11:35 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Avelina,
You have to find what works for you. I've been on this journey more times than I can count. And I just started again 3 weeks ago. I started March 28 at 217 lbs and have lost 10 pounds as of weigh in this morning. I've tried every fad diet out there and one thing I've realized (like you) is that it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle. I haven't really started an exercise routine yet, I was saving that for my first plateau. I've read in other forums about numerous small meals throughout the day, and I don't know if it's the same thing, but I "graze" all day long, for a total of 900-1200 calories. (and I'm never hungry)

As for incentive, I put a down payment on sky diving lessons for August 15. If I don't make the weight (175) I lose my money. And that won't happen. I left no room to not make it.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:46 PM
FitDay Member

hey avelina...
how are you doing? are you still hanging in there? i hope everything is going well.