Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 8/6/12: Let's Bring It!

Old 08-09-2012, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Apparently getting a tattoo on your ankle hurts a little more than I had planned on. I have some swelling in the general area and stiffness and promised my hubby that I would take it easy for a few days until the swelling goes down. Now that we know what to expect we are assured that it is normal but I didn't know about it before doing it. I still can't see my ankle bones on the inside of my foot and the tat was done on Sunday. .... Oh and in about a month I plan to have it touched in with color and add some design around it so I'll be whining again. LOL
Stop your whining. You can do an upper body workout and walk some during lunch, huh?
Old 08-09-2012, 08:06 AM
FitDay Member

April, it's just wonderful to see your scale numbers going steadily down. Kudos on your portion control. I hope your ankle gets back to normal quickly.

Mike, yeah, there are a lot of people who quit their jobs when they get garnished. Hopefully he'll do the right thing. Also wishing you the best on your -2.8 lb. goal.

OK--I usually take Thursday off from exercise, but I was really busy yesterday so must exercise today. I won't allow myself back on the computer until exercise is done today.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:14 AM
FitDay Member

Mike-
right now it is Friday morning just after 7am, when I posted I was about to go to bed on Thurs night so yep, I am in the future! hehehe.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Congrats on the 4 miles in an hour! Nice pace.
You do know that you're going to have to do almost that to finish the half marathon in the time limit, right??
Old 08-09-2012, 09:29 AM
FitDay Member

I have got to get off my lazy butt and work out today! It is my last time this week! Why can't I make myself do it? Ugh.

Mern, I am fairly new to counting carbs in any way and my numbers that I post are from my pie chart on fitday. I assume that is total carbs. Is net carbs a better way to go?
Old 08-09-2012, 10:02 AM
FitDay Member

Kayla, if I had to exercise, you do, too! LOL Sometimes the only way I CAN make myself do it is to promise myself and post here that I can't come back on this thread until I DO get it done.

Ugh, I had to force myself to finish my 30 minutes of exercise today again. Same as yesterday. I get a BIDIA award! (Newbies, that stands for But I Did It Anyway.)

Mike, get out your wallet and send Nichaleh some money. Maybe she can tell your fortune since she lives in your future. LOL I think you missed it--pretty surre she lives "Down Under."
Old 08-09-2012, 10:12 AM
FitDay Member

Hiya firstly thankyou all for the positive messages about me and my sisters weigh ins. Ive accepted that we both have different lifestyles and every week wont be the same as each others. I have to admit though im having a REALLY bad week! I dont know if its because its near my time of month being due or just because im feeling negative.
I went to do food shopping today and ended up eating lots of white chocolate mice on the way round!! They tasted great and i just had a kinda 'it doesnt matter' attitude- of course it mattered but its done. As i waited for my taxi i had tears coming from my eyes because i was just so ashamed and mad at myself and feel another week going down the drain. As soon as i got in the door i just sat and had a cry.
Im ok now after a long chat with my partner who is my rock and along with you guys supports me through every part of this journey.

Sitting drinking a 2litre bottle of diet coke! Yep i know- water is better but its just needed tonight.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kayla.underhill
Mern, I am fairly new to counting carbs in any way and my numbers that I post are from my pie chart on fitday. I assume that is total carbs. Is net carbs a better way to go?

Kayla, I'm so sorry if I confused you. There's more than one way to lose weight and my way of keeping track of things certainly is not the only right way.

I see you are reporting your percentage of carbs and that is perfectly fine. I report mine as grams after deducting fiber but that's because I'm limited to just 25g net carbs per day.

I guess I got confused because you said all your carbs came from fruit--which would mean the only other thing you ate besides fruit was meat or fish. Meat and fish (except for organ meats) are the only foods that do not contain carbs.

Some diabetics who take insulin or other meds don't have to count their green veggies--but most of my carbs DO come from low carb veggies. But I honestly don't know what they do about counting fiber.

If anyone has any other advice for Kayla on carb counting or if you disagree or have something to add, please voice your opinion. We're all here to help each other--I don't know everything.

Last edited by Mern; 08-09-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:05 AM
FitDay Member

Goals -
Stay at 1200 calories a day -
Monday No. Tuesday Yes. Wednesday Yes. Thursday Yes.
walk one way or both ways to work or appointments each day -
Monday yes and did 4 miles in an hour. Tue in the house studying all day so no. Wednesday yes, had an incredible beach walk. Thursday yes, 9 miles today!
follow the 80/20 rule-
Yes, and didn't get anything to eat at the cinema or steal friends popcorn! Haven't really needed the 20% so far. Took a friend to the best burger place in town and only had a side salad, the nice thing was it wasn't even that hard to order healthy.
Clean eating-
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

non weight loss goals-
Exam Revision!
Yup, but not enough - is it ever enough?
Feel like I'm breaking the back of EU law and Jurisprudence is getting there.
No study today , will get up extra early on friday to make up for today.

Mike - Thank you!

Mern - Thank you. I really liked what you said about carbs. I'm also doing low carbs.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike, yeah, there are a lot of people who quit their jobs when they get garnished. Hopefully he'll do the right thing. Also wishing you the best on your -2.8 lb. goal.
Thanks, I hope so to but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Originally Posted by nichaleh
Mike-
right now it is Friday morning just after 7am, when I posted I was about to go to bed on Thurs night so yep, I am in the future! hehehe.
Oh okay. I could use some Powerball numbers if you know them.

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
You do know that you're going to have to do almost that to finish the half marathon in the time limit, right??
I'll do it in 2:45, unless the hills get the best of me. I refuse to train on a dreadmill and there are no hills around here.

Originally Posted by Mern
Kayla, I'm so sorry if I confused you. There's more than one way to lose weight and my way of keeping track of things certainly is not the only right way.

I see you are reporting your percentage of carbs and that is perfectly fine. I report mine as grams after deducting fiber but that's because I'm limited to just 25g net carbs per day.

I guess I got confused because you said all your carbs came from fruit--which would mean the only other thing you ate besides fruit was meat or fish. Meat and fish (except for organ meats) are the only foods that do not contain carbs.

Some diabetics who take insulin or other meds don't have to count their green veggies--but most of my carbs DO come from low carb veggies. But I honestly don't know what they do about counting fiber.

If anyone has any other advice for Kayla on carb counting or if you disagree or have something to add, please voice your opinion. We're all here to help each other--I don't know everything.
That sounds about right to me, that's how I did it when I went low carb.

Originally Posted by edinburghgirl
Mike - Thank you!
You're welcome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.