Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 8/6/12: Let's Bring It!

Old 08-07-2012, 08:49 AM
FitDay Member

This week I decided not to post a goals list… Work is full time and crazy, Grandma is in the hospital with pneumonia, DS has a fever and can’t go to preschool, Mom can’t watch DS because Grandma is in the hospital, I’ll need to work late into the evenings to make-up for the lost time (after sitting in the hospital with Grandma to relieve Mom to go home), and… I just ate lunch out of a vending machine … Bad, Bad, Bad!

My un-posted, but always on my mind goals will be to drink water all day, limit coffee to 2 cups/day, reduce portion sizes, and to be nice to EVERYONE, no matter how stressed out I get this week…!

Glad to see ya'll being so active this week, and it is only Tuesday! Best luck for lots and lots of green on all of your goals this week! Ama
Old 08-07-2012, 10:39 AM
FitDay Member

Goals -
Stay at 1200 calories a day -
Monday No. Tuesday Yes.
walk one way or both ways to work or appointments each day -
Monday yes and did 4 miles in an hour. Tue in the house studying all day so no.
follow the 80/20 rule-
Yes, and didn't get anything to eat at the cinema or steal friends popcorn!
Clean eating-
Yes. Yes.

non weight loss goals-
Exam Revision!
Yup, but not enough - is it ever enough?

Mern - I hear you about the clothes. Although today while taking a "study break" I tried on some of the 80% clothes and most of them fitted much better so I was pleasantly surprised. Of course I put on my fav old jumper and jeans to go out!

Joanna - I haven't heard that one before, I wish it was true for essay writing! But then I would actually have to leave enough time to edit and spell check properly before printing and handing in, instead of the 20mins before the deadline print and dash I normally do

aakers01 - welcome!
Old 08-07-2012, 12:29 PM
FitDay Member

Calories: 1,384 Fat: 54.4g Carbs: 54.7g Protein: 164.6g

1) Post #'s daily Tues: yes
2) Get the 5K done at least 3X this week - keep the running/sprints at or above 200' per, and do at least (gads) 5 per 5K - N/A - will be walking/etc Wed.
3) Keep calories under 1500 Tues: yes
4) Keep carbs under 90g Tues: yes
5) Take supplements Tues: yes

Finished the foyer - just have to figure out the inside part of the front door - have a bunch of samples from when we painted the living room - might just mix 'em all together and use that! It'll be a pale greyish lavender...I hope!

Ama - You sound like you need a breather! Girl, find a quiet spot and give yourself 5 minutes of sanity!

Kayla -
1) Finish cleaning out and scrubbing house. I definitely made some progress today.
2) Stick with budget, and STOP OVERSPENDING! I went a whole day without buying anything I don't need! GO ME!

Great goals - I might just tuck those in my pocket for personal usage, if you don't mind!?

Have a good night, all - gotta go collect the cats and head off the bed in a bit.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:13 PM
FitDay Member

Hey everybody! Hope you had an awesome Tuesday. Here are my numbers for today.

1) Stay within calorie limits. Yes, 806.
2) Get 3 workouts done. M-Y. T-N.
3) Keep carbs @or under 33%. Yes, 28%.
4) Get to bed by 10:30. Yes.

Other:
1) Finish cleaning out and scrubbing house. Scrubbed my kitchen within an inch of its life today!
2) Stick with budget, and STOP OVERSPENDING! Another good day!

April, that is a very cool reason to get a tattoo. And it came out really pretty.

Judi, you can borrow my goals anytime. They are huge ones in my life. I would rather go shopping than clean, it effects my house and my budget hugely.

aakers01, Glad to have a new member! Welcome!

Well, I'm off to watch some Criminal Minds with my love and try to sleep after. Wish me luck! Goodnight all!
Old 08-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

I talked to the adjuster today. The damage to my bike came out to over $3600. It's a good thing it was "no big deal"!
Old 08-07-2012, 02:58 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, you should mail that guy a copy of the bill with a letter that says something like "Good thing you make so much money that $3,600 is 'no big deal'. Thank goodness it was you who hit my bike and not some loser" and then add a winky face, like this. or maybe one of these.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kayla.underhill
Mike, you should mail that guy a copy of the bill with a letter that says something like "Good thing you make so much money that $3,600 is 'no big deal'. Thank goodness it was you who hit my bike and not some loser" and then add a winky face, like this. or maybe one of these.
Trust me, I'd rather hand deliver it.

I'll post my update tomorrow, after I knock out 5 miles!
Old 08-08-2012, 12:56 AM
FitDay Member

Fitness / Health Goals ...
1. 100 oz water a day (more is better) M:Yes, T: Yes,
2. Walk on lunch 4 out of 5 days M: 2miles, Cancelled Goal
3. Workout 4 times (nights work too) M: No, Cancelled Goal
4. 5 fruits/veggies a day M: Yes, T: Yes,
5. Dinner - cut back on portions M: I think so, T: Yep,
6. Weigh & post it daily M: 229.2lbs, T: 228.8lbs, W: 227.2lbs,

Life Goals ...
1. Put away laundry (already folded it!) M: DONE! Had company coming it had to be done
2. Encourage but don't push M: Yes, T: Yes,
3. Keep paperwork caught up at work M: Yeah, T: All caught up now,
4. Repaint my nails (me time!) M: No - had company over, T: Yep....DONE!

Mid week change of plans. I had to promise to stay off my ankle for a few days. I had some major swelling yesterday so that I had no ankle bones showing on my newly inked ankle. My hubby was worried. And I can't have him worrying too much or when I go to get it touched up and some swirls and stars added to it in a few weeks he might not be so willing for me to get it done.

So this week food will be my big challenge. I am sure that I will be looking up some floor work to do for my core. He did agree to that. Well his actual words were..."Do some situps." LOL But last night was spent with it elevated with ice. And I had to promise to do the same at work today and no walking on lunch.

Ama ... You have so much going on. It is good that you are trying to stay on plan with all that is happening. Please don't forget to take some time for yourself. If you are weak & tired from all the stress you will be of no help to anyone when they need you.

Mike ... Psh $3600? You know that's just a drop in the bucket to someone like that guy. Look at what he drives. He is clearly a high roller!

Kayla ... Thanks! It was like my reward to myself. ... Good job on the not spending yesterday.

Judi ... I wish I were painting. My last portion of the house to be painted is a few rooms / levels that all interconnect and is going to be a huge project. I could soon sand & stain all the woodwork though. I just coat it with polyurethane because it is raw wood.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

Some great motivation going on here girls. I like the idea of these goals, having seen another thread about celebrating the small achievements (which I haven't done and generally don't ever do in my life) I decided that maybe I could join in here and start with these smaller goals and achievements.

So here are my goals for this week starting from Tuesday.

1. Work out 4-6 times this week. T: Yes, W: Yes
2. Walk to work all this week. T: Yes, W: Yes
3. Input my food and activities. T: Yes,
4. Stay within calorie limits. T: Yes -488,

Last edited by Icewithin; 08-08-2012 at 02:28 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

IceWithin, welcome. Very nice goals!

April, hope your ankle is back to normal quickly. Great job on your other goals.

Kayla, congrats on all that green in your report!

Judi, you had a great report, too! Way to go!

Edinburghgirl, congrats on some of your 80% clothes fitting better now. How fun! Good job!

Ama, sorry to learn of your Grandma's and DD's illness. I will keep your family in my prayers. I hope your load of responsibilities gets down to more manageable soon, too. Vending machines happen to hospital visitors--sometimes it can't be avoided.

Haven't caught up with the rest of the thread since my last post--will do that later.

Tuesday Report:

I HOPE my scale is right today. It weighed me at 218 this morning. I was carrying an awful lot of excess water weight and seemed to be "draining" the past couple days so it may be true.

Exercise five days YES, YES
Water 64 oz. YES, YES
Calorie limit 1500 1485, 1685
Eat clean YES, YES
Total carbs less fiber limit 25g 21.2g, 22.8g
Fiber target average 25g 39g, 37g
Cholesterol average 250mg or less only 24mg, 129mg
Sat fat average 11% or less of total calories 4%, 9%
Protein average 120g 138g, 155g

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.