Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread 8/6/12: Let's Bring It! >

7-Day Motivational Thread 8/6/12: Let's Bring It!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 8/6/12: Let's Bring It!

Old 08-06-2012, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
It's official, you're a graduate of Tori's School of Blaming Others. It's a prestigious group to be a member of. *sniff sniff* It's moments like these that make my work worth while
This has to be a proud moment for you. Oh and that damn rain. If I could blame it on the rain I would, but my yard is a MESS!!!

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Mike, put on your big boy britches and take responsibility for your actions. Here, for your convenience: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...y-you-fat.html.
I can only fit in my big boy britches. "Hanging around" Tori has honed my blaming skills. I've learned from her that it's much easier to blame others that it is to accept responsibility. She's probably one of those kids that were always that bad influence that my parents always warned me of. Thanks for the link, maybe I can see if I can blame that idiot... oh wait.

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Mike ... If you whine any louder I think the wahhhhmbulance might come for you!
The wahhhhmbulance driver probably won't make it in time. He'll probably get stuck in traffic because some idiot that causes an accident.

Damn I'm getting good at this blame game!

For real though, Tori ("Big T" as we call her in the hood) will be making our goals, if she ever decides to get around to it. I'm ready to rock it, she's going down like a PUNK!
Old 08-06-2012, 09:49 AM
FitDay Member

Mern,

the 80/20 rule is eat healthy 80% of the time and allow yourself something you want etc 20% of the time. You still stay within your calorie limit but I find it helps in social situations or when my hormones are having a temper tantrum!

A random and unrelated 80/20 fact: apparently we wear 20% of our wardrobes 80% of the time.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
For real though, Tori ("Big T" as we call her in the hood) will be making our goals, if she ever decides to get around to it. I'm ready to rock it, she's going down like a PUNK!
First of all "Big T"????? Second, I'm getting to the goals. Some of us had to actually work today, give me a little bit of time. And lastly....I'm not even gonna touch that last sentence

FO REALZ THO....GOALS

TORI vs. MIKE GOALS:

1-post starting weight and make log public
2-log everything
3-most amount of water
4-most amount of fruits/veggies
5-least amount of bread
6-most miles walked
7-lose 1.5% of starting weight

Tori Specific:

1-do NOT slack on paperwork
2-get car taxes reduced for high mileage
3-plan ahead all meals

Mike Specific:

1-tile master bedroom
2-plan ahead all meals (starting Tuesday)
Old 08-06-2012, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

About damn time!

TORI vs. MIKE GOALS:

1-post starting weight and make log public (185.4) http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...?Owner=01gt4.6
2-log everything
3-most amount of water
5-least amount of bread
6-most miles walked
7-lose 1.5% of starting weight (-2.8#)

Tori Specific:
3-plan ahead all meals

Mike Specific:
1-tile master bedroom
Old 08-06-2012, 11:11 AM
FitDay Member

edinburghgirl - another 80/20 rule we throw around in my department (where writing research journal articles for publication is the thing to do) is that it takes 20% of the time to do 80% of the work, and then you'll spend the rest of the 80% of the time doing the last 20% of the work to get the paper ready for publication... it's pretty much true.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:42 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
About damn time!
SHUT IT!!!!

TORI vs. MIKE GOALS:

1-post starting weight and make log public (185.4) 01gt4.6 - free online diet and fitness journal (181.4)ToriD1012 - free online diet and fitness journal
2-log everything
3-most amount of water
5-least amount of bread
6-most miles walked
7-lose 1.5% of starting weight (-2.8#) (-2.7#)

Tori Specific:
3-plan ahead all meals

Mike Specific:
1-tile master bedroom

Last edited by ToriD1012; 08-07-2012 at 12:30 AM.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:02 PM
FitDay Member

April, how do you feel about your son going into the Navy?

Edinburghgirl, thanks for explaining the 80/20 rule on the food. I can relate to the 80/20 wardrobe fact. I have certain clothes that if they're clean, they're on my body. LOL

Tracey, I know it's really annoying that you don't lose as quickly as your sister. I feel the same way about how quickly most men can lose weight while we women struggle to lose just a pound. Easier said than done, but we must try to not compare ourselves with others. Like my doc says, "You don't have to be perfect, just better than you used to be." That pound lighter IS better than you used to be. Big hug to ya!

Joanna, I can see that 80/20 rule on articles to be published, too.

Had a good day on food, water, and exercise. I should have a nice report tomorrow.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:53 PM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone! Hope you all had a fabulous Monday. I actually had a splendiferous Monday. Not a word, don't care at all. I woke up early this morning and snuggled with the baby for a while (I should stop saying baby, she's almost 18 months old.), then we got up and had breakfast. I went to my final interview and was HIRED for the bestest job ever. Then I came home and cardio and strength trained my butt off, watched some Criminal Minds (my favorite) and then went to my old horrible job and put in my 2 week notice. It has been a simply lovely day, but also exhausting and I am so ready for bedtime. Here are my #'s for today.

1) Stay within calorie limits. Yes, 618.
2) Get 3 workouts done. M-Yes.
3) Keep carbs @or under 33%. 35% :/
4) Get to bed by 10:30. On my way now.

Other:
1) Finish cleaning out and scrubbing house. I definitely made some progress today.
2) Stick with budget, and STOP OVERSPENDING! I went a whole day without buying anything I don't need! GO ME!

Side note, I drank 5 bottles of water today. Maybe I just needed to drop the pressure of having it as a goal?

April, your new ink is lovely. I cannot wait to get my next one and post pictures. Maybe I missed it, what are the numbers for?

Tracey, one pound is awesome. You are lighter today than you were yesterday, focus on the positive!

Mern, happy to have to back, glad to hear you had fun on your trip!

Tori and Mike, you two crack me up!

Well, its my bedtime, goodnight everyone! See ya tomorrow!
Old 08-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Checking it in:

1. Calories below 1300. 1109
2. Balance pie chart and follow my rules. Yes
3. 72 oz. fluid daily. 78
4. Log everything and post daily. Yes
5. Eat clean. Yes
6. 3-4 fruits and veggies per day (I'm stealing ). 4
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes
8. Sleep 7 hours, at least, per night. 5.5
9. Exercise 6 hours total this week. 30 min.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Tori, where's your update?

TORI vs. MIKE GOALS:

1-post starting weight and make log public (185.4) 01gt4.6 - free online diet and fitness journal
2-log everything Yes
3-most amount of water 135.2oz
4-most amount of fruits/veggies 5
5-least amount of bread 0
6-most miles walked 0
7-lose 1.5% of starting weight (-2.8#)

Tori Specific:
3-plan ahead all meals

Mike Specific:
1-tile master bedroom this weekend
2-plan ahead all meals (starting Tuesday) yes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.